Calgel or Bio Sculpture

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So back to the original post which is rated highest calgel or bio-sculpture? Maybe a poll would be a good idea? X

Dont mean to sound stupid but Ive never heard of some gels being soft and some being hard, what are the benefits of each?

Dont mean to sound stupid but Ive never heard of some gels being soft and some being hard, what are the benefits of each?

As your question is a bit off topic, I'll PM you with a link to a tutorial which explains all.

Soft gels are soak off (with product remover), hard gels are buff off and are generally stronger, you're able to tip or sculpt with hard gels without using any other products to get the strength required.
hth's a bit

Im led to believe that Calgel does not damage the nail plate..is this correct?

Im led to believe that Calgel does not damage the nail plate..is this correct?
No professional nail product damages the nail plate if it's applied/removed correctly.

The only time damage occurs is when the person doing the treatment isn't qualified/skilled enough to do so.

There are product brands available which claim to be organic and natural products etc etc, they use their marketing to scare unknowing technicians into thinking that those products are better than others when the real truth at the end of the day all comes down to knowledge, skill and technique.

hth's

So back to the original post which is rated highest calgel or bio-sculpture? Maybe a poll would be a good idea? X

It comes down to personal preference. They both have exellent reps and are great products. They are very similar. Easy to apply and remove. If you do a search you will find oodles on this topic and find out some of the things people favour one for over the other.

These links may help:
http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/60850-gel-dilemma.html
http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/60294-looking-soak-off-gels.html
http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/57330-calgel-biosculpture.html

HTHs

Hi, I did Acrylic for 20 years up to 60 hours a week and also taught them for 15 years, I have been using Bio for 11 years and love it, I changed over 200 clients to Bio and they love it, anything I could do with L/P I can do with Bio except a lot faster, more interesting and without the problems to my health.:)
Bye for Now
Di

Bio defnitely has the best colours available.

Bio defnitely has the best colours available.
Well over 90 colours now I think ... the new winter colours are gorgeous btw (a matt medium brown, a matt dusty pink and a denim blue shimmer).

Hi, I did Acrylic for 20 years up to 60 hours a week and also taught them for 15 years, I have been using Bio for 11 years and love it, I changed over 200 clients to Bio and they love it, anything I could do with L/P I can do with Bio except a lot faster, more interesting and without the problems to my health.:)
Bye for Now
Di

Hi

What problems can you get to your health using L&P, I thought it was harmless!!

Well over 90 colours now I think ... the new winter

I was a bit dissapointed in the new colours tbh. I just ordered a few of my old favourites and a few new ones especially the very dark blue (forgot its name) its FANTASTIC.

I do like the new orangey colour but thought it might be nicer for summer - maybe its just me!!:rolleyes:

Hi

What problems can you get to your health using L&P, I thought it was harmless!!

As long as you work safely and sensibly with your product L+P is harmless..... The two main things to watch out for are over-exposure of product on skin (can also occur with gel) and inhalation of dust (can also occur with gel). Both of these things are completely avoidable and are not exclusive to L+P (regardless of what gel only companies tell you!!)

If L+P was harmful to use to do really think we'd be allowed to use it??!!

hth's

Soft gels are soak off (with product remover), hard gels are buff off and are generally stronger, you're able to tip or sculpt with hard gels without using any other products to get the strength required.
hth's a bit

Just wanted to add that there are also no other products required to use alongside (at least Calgel) soft gels to get strenght both in sculpting and tipping, only if the client prefers very long nails, I´d reccommend harder gel or l & p. Calgel has worked great on my clients as long as they wont go for a Hollywood length. I personally prefer shorter extensions simply because I think theyr'e more beautyful, IMO long, french extensions are on their way out. But people do fortunetely not share the same opinion. ;)

Just wanted to say I found bio gels as a client and tech awful. They are rubbery and come with issues, and not hard wearing unlike acrylic or other gel systems.

They are ok as a stronger nail varnish effect, but as a nail enhancement not hard wearing:irked: but I no quite a lot of very experienced (over 18 years as techs) nail techs who paid the very expensive cost of £400 to train in bio, only to find they were not hard wearing enough. The issues they found were spliitting at the free edge (and it was not their technique, as soon as changed to different product they never had this problem at all or before using bio gels) Thats the excuse every manufacturer uses when their products fail.

Also Iv heard a lot of friends etc who have been to different salons who use bio gel and have been very unhappy with the wearability. I went to observe in another salon to see if I wanted a job there and she used bio gel, and there were clients who had issues with fungal infections, now she was preping very well, using cleansers etc, everything was sterilized to a high standard etc, she moved on to another product and has never looked back.

I dont normally like to bad mouth any product, but I was very out of pocket and the feedback about Bio gel is not good at all. If you want your clients to be happy with the durability then I would try a buff off gel as hard wearing, if your clients want a product that is better than nail varnish then bio could be for you.

A lot of the techs I have spoken to switched to other gels Ie Brisa which are so much better and have never looked back, now if it was there application then they would get the same issues, but If so so many techs/clients had the same issues then its the product!

I would not go with bio gel it was a big dissapointment and expensive! Brisa gels are so much better, much higher quality and training provided, and the wearability with regards to durability :rolleyes:

Just wanted to say I found bio gels as a client and tech awful. They are rubbery and come with issues, and not hard wearing unlike acrylic or other gel systems.

They are ok as a stronger nail varnish effect, but as a nail enhancement not hard wearing:irked: but I no quite a lot of very experienced (over 18 years as techs) nail techs who paid the very expensive cost of £400 to train in bio, only to find they were not hard wearing enough. The issues they found were spliitting at the free edge (and it was not their technique, as soon as changed to different product they never had this problem at all or before using bio gels) Thats the excuse every manufacturer uses when their products fail.

Also Iv heard a lot of friends etc who have been to different salons who use bio gel and have been very unhappy with the wearability. I went to observe in another salon to see if I wanted a job there and she used bio gel, and there were clients who had issues with fungal infections, now she was preping very well, using cleansers etc, everything was sterilized to a high standard etc, she moved on to another product and has never looked back.

I dont normally like to bad mouth any product, but I was very out of pocket and the feedback about Bio gel is not good at all. If you want your clients to be happy with the durability then I would try a buff off gel as hard wearing, if your clients want a product that is better than nail varnish then bio could be for you.

A lot of the techs I have spoken to switched to other gels Ie Brisa which are so much better and have never looked back, now if it was there application then they would get the same issues, but If so so many techs/clients had the same issues then its the product!

I would not go with bio gel it was a big dissapointment and expensive! Brisa gels are so much better, much higher quality and training provided, and the wearability with regards to durability :rolleyes:
I really don't think Brisa and Bio can be compared. Soak off and file off ae like apples and oranges. I don't use Bio, but I do offer Calgel along side Brisa.

Interesting reading on the threads as Im in similar situation but I think the answer has to be bisa and calgel for me, a hard and soft gel so clients have the choice, now I have to undertake the training!:)

I understand your view on "cant compare soft and hard gels" I do agree fully on that score, due to being different products. I no that Bio gels can be great on toes as a hard wearing nail polish, and they do have fab colours, but if clients expect hard wearing no fuss nail enhancements that can have a good standard of length, then bio gels do not cover this requirement.

If they want an overlay which will protect their own nails with a little free edge then bio gels will be good for this. Its when clients expect the full nail enhancement that lasts and is hardwearing that bio fails, thats when brisa wins hands down!

Ive never used Calgel but heard they are very good and Iv seen enhancements and they look lovely too.

:0)

Do you find some gel systems too soft?

Latest posts

Back