Calling All Mobile Spray tan geeks!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shelleymclapo

Reaction score
Hi all,
Ive JUST (last night) got my kit, HVLP 5008, tent, hair hats, sticky feet an 1L solution x
Ive just (On Thursday) got my car!
My tan training is on Thursday next week x

So I just want to pick your brain over going mobile Tanning......What do you keep all your products in? How long does it take you? What is your general procedure? ANY hints & Tips are welcome :) XXXXX

Im sooooooooooooooooooo excited to get started, and need all the help i can get lol xxx :lol:

Thanks in advance xxx Shelley xxx

Hi
Congratulations on your new venture. I keep all my equipment in a large beauty box/trolley which is on wheels and really handy. The appointments usually last up to an hour depending on location, whether it's first time etc...actual spraying time is about 5 mins. I do consultation, set up, then prep, explain the procedure, spray, aftercare, pack away.
Don't forget an extension lead, towels and kitchen roll/couch roll. Hope that helps x

hi the problem i am having is deciding on which solution was going to go with suntana but they are not doing any training till after xmas no good to me want to get started what have you chosen

hi the problem i am having is deciding on which solution was going to go with suntana but they are not doing any training till after xmas no good to me want to get started what have you chosen

You can always do your training with someone else and then just purchase suntana solutions? Maybe get them to send you some samples before you go ahead with this brand.

Once you get your confidence up the actual time for appointments can vary. I did a spray tan party of 4 people last week and I was done in an hour and this included set up, consultation, barrier cream applying etc.

Hope this helps xx

:)

Once you get your confidence up the actual time for appointments can vary. I did a spray tan party of 4 people last week and I was done in an hour and this included set up, consultation, barrier cream applying etc.

Hope this helps xx

:)

Blimey! That's good going! I'm doing my training in November and just know I'm gonna take aaaaaaaaaaages! x

Thats one thing I forgot to add tanning a single person takes almost the same time as a group I did 6 in just over an hour x

Blimey! That's good going! I'm doing my training in November and just know I'm gonna take aaaaaaaaaaages! x

I thought that but honestly it is so quick to spray someone especially if you have good practical training.

I had a few practices on my gun at home I know it sounds mad but spraying bits of paper so I could work out how fast to have the spray coming out and just to get used to it before I started spraying people!

Spray tan parties are the best because you can earn as much money from one hours work from doing all night work on single tans.

It takes me about 20mins to do a complete appt for 1 person, only about 5 mins longer for 2 etc.
Definitely remember an extension lead-very important as you never know what room you will be in and always have caps, disposable knickers /thongs, baby wipes, towels, gloves......

i trained with sienna x - fab fab fab! honestly everybody i have spoken to has been a complete sweetie! the training was great :D

i chose sienna because of the colours and choice of dif colours of their retail products. they look stylish and young and funky. also, they do the sachets of moisturiser and shower wash etc etc which are fab to introduce to your clients along with one of their retail price lists :D the solution smells fab and although i've only done practise tans everybody i have tanned has been happy :)

when it comes to disposables i have found the companies that are selling the solution are not cheap so have a look at beauty wholesalers/sellers aswell as on ebay for things like your feet, gloves and hats etc etc.

all my products are stored in the bag i got with my kit - just a bag on wheels though to be honest you haven't got much to carry nor is it heavy so you don't really need one with wheels.

enjoy your training! who are you training with btw? x

all my products are stored in the bag i got with my kit - just a bag on wheels though to be honest you haven't got much to carry nor is it heavy so you don't really need one with wheels.

I disagree with this quote, especially when you cannot park close to your intended address, the last thing you want to have to do is carry your bag when you could be pulling it along on wheels. Especially if you have a couch and other holdalls to carry around during the day.

Thanks everyone for your replies x

Im doing my training with a private college in Liverpool x Got a 1L bottle of solution with my kit which im gonna practice with before i settle on a brand xx

The only things im wondering about now is....
How many full tan you get out of one bottle...?
How do you clean your tent? Do you do it in every house after every tan?
How much do you charge? Local to me is £15....But ive just heard a girl near me is doing tans for £10 each.....:-( x

Thanks again xxx

How many full tan you get out of one bottle...?
How do you clean your tent? Do you do it in every house after every tan?
How much do you charge? Local to me is £15....But ive just heard a girl near me is doing tans for £10 each.....:-( x

Thanks again xxx

1. You should use about 50ml per tan so a litre bottle will do about 20 tans (you may use more at first whilst you get used to it)
2. After each tan I wipe inside with couch roll then when I get home I clean it out with warm soapy water and a mop. You cant exactly be doing this is peoples houses!
3. I think this depends on area I know areas that charge £8 :eek: on the other end of the spectrum I saw somewhere today not far from me that was doing a spray tan for £65 :eek: I had to look twice as that is the most expensive I have ever seen! TBH £15 is reasonable and as long as you are professional and give a good spray tan people will come back to you.

1. You should use about 50ml per tan so a litre bottle will do about 20 tans (you may use more at first whilst you get used to it)
2. After each tan I wipe inside with couch roll then when I get home I clean it out with warm soapy water and a mop. You cant exactly be doing this is peoples houses!
3. I think this depends on area I know areas that charge £8 :eek: on the other end of the spectrum I saw somewhere today not far from me that was doing a spray tan for £65 :eek: I had to look twice as that is the most expensive I have ever seen! TBH £15 is reasonable and as long as you are professional and give a good spray tan people will come back to you.

OMG £65 thats maaaaaaaaaaadness!!!!!!
What area are you in.....£8 is really cheap x Are you mobile? How do you cover costs? You must be reaaaaaaaaaally busy x

Thanks everyone for your replies x

Im doing my training with a private college in Liverpool x Got a 1L bottle of solution with my kit which im gonna practice with before i settle on a brand xx

How many full tan you get out of one bottle...?I use at the most 30ml so get nearly 30 tans out of a litre bottle
How do you clean your tent? Do you do it in every house after every tan? Once a month I get my tent up in the garden and clean only with a damp cloth - using any cleaning substances might make the flame resistant coating ineffective
How much do you charge? Local to me is £15....But ive just heard a girl near me is doing tans for £10 each.....:-( x I charge £20 a tan but I am mobile and sometimes I do specials if more than one person I have heard some right stories lately of people paying less and the tans are awful.

Thanks again xxx

I use the Tantrick solutions especially the organic range and getting so many good comments and people saying how cheap I am for organic solution. Me thinks my prices may have to rise slightly lol

Hi, A big congratulations on venturing into the world of tanning you will love it it is the best industry to be in!

One big tip I will give you is to do patch test on your clients this makes you look very professional and gives you the confidence that your client won't have any reaction to the solution (what ever solution you choose to use).

Always do a consultation card and always make sure that you get your client to sign the card and date it, I would always quickly go through the question on the card each time you spray your client even if you spray them every week just to cheek nothing has changed.

Do your research on the solutions phone different company's make ppointment with sales managers for demo's they will spray you and you can see the tan for yourself see how it fades, how long it lasts.

If you need any info or help please get in touch.
Thanks Leela

Thank you everyone x

Ive had GREAT feedback from my facebook page already! Got one girl asking if i could do a party of 10.................yes 10 lol xxxx

Im sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited to get started!!!! XXX

Latest posts

Back