can anyone recommend a good blusher?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christinarena

Reaction score
Hi

I have always used a powder blusher but I am now thinking of trying a liquid/gel type, one that gives a more dewy look on the face. Can antone recommend a good one? x

Clarins do a gorgeous cream tint I have used it for years and I love it. The good thing about cream blush is its idiot proof (imo) Its not just for dry skin either, I have oily skin and never had a problem with it.

Lancome have a mousse blusher now which looks good but think its about £20.

I think Clinique still do a gel blusher, but be warned it is designed to 'stain' the face so once its on you can't get it off without make up remover.

Hi

I have always used a powder blusher but I am now thinking of trying a liquid/gel type, one that gives a more dewy look on the face. Can antone recommend a good one? x
I use Bobbi Brown and I'm really pleased with it. xxx

I suggest you go to a big department store like Debenhams/Beatties/John Lewis and going around the make up counters and letting them test them on you - a good shop will do this happily, and you will then KNOW yourself what suits your skin.

You can have this done free of charge, no obligation and they have a wide selection of different product companies.

I am no skin geek, but after having tried hundreds of bronzers/blushers in my time, I have found the best one for me and my skin is the Bourjois one that looks like chocolate, its about £7-£9 and looks great, there are small specks of pink in it that give you a kind of flushed look aswell as the bronzed look!

you can't go wrong with Stila Convertible Colour, its so easy to apply,theres loads of colours to choose from and it doubles up as a lipstick. Especially good if you are in a rush,for me it transforms my face from tired dull looking to healthy in literally a minute! Try it, I never leave home without mine!

you can't go wrong with Stila Convertible Colour, its so easy to apply,theres loads of colours to choose from and it doubles up as a lipstick. Especially good if you are in a rush,for me it transforms my face from tired dull looking to healthy in literally a minute! Try it, I never leave home without mine!

I want some, sounds just what I need. Thanks for the tip

Ive just bought a Benefit cream blusher, just what I wanted, thanks for your replies x

Lancome have a mousse blusher now which looks good but think its about £20.

The shades f the lancome mousse blusher arent very good!

I have one of these in peyote. its a nice colour, you can apply it with fingers or ur blusher brush. However ive not really used it much. I used it a few times at first, but i think im just so used to using my powder blush.

In my make up bag i have (yes i carry them around with me lol);

Stila convertible colour - peyote

Virgin vie blusher - rosewood (this ones a bronzy peachy blushy colour) i love it!

Shiseido bronzer, this has a light medium and dark section in the one compact. Im not sure if they still make it though.

Nars blusher - angelique i think its called. nice pink flushed colour, has bits of sparkle in it!!

Im a huge Bare Escentuals fan. Its pure crushed earth mineral make up. So as well as looking fantastic on the skin, its actually good for your skin!It makes your skin appear luminous, it doesnt cake up on the skin, it just looks like you have radiance from within, rather than looking like you are actually wearing blusher!

Its worth having a look at their make up. It ranges from £18 for blush colours, £21 for all over face colours and £24 for face radiances.

Im a huge Bare Escentuals fan. Its pure crushed earth mineral make up. So as well as looking fantastic on the skin, its actually good for your skin!It makes your skin appear luminous, it doesnt cake up on the skin, it just looks like you have radiance from within, rather than looking like you are actually wearing blusher!

Its worth having a look at their make up. It ranges from £18 for blush colours, £21 for all over face colours and £24 for face radiances.

i agree i love the bare radiance, warm radiance and rose radiance...makes you look like your blooming without looking to blushed

The cream blushes that are in my kit are:

MAC Posey and Sweet William

Pixi Gel Stick (name stickers have fallen off, so don't know which colours, but there's plenty to choose from)

Benefit Benetint (is the classic, very easy to use and very natural finish....use it with Highbeam or Moonbeam for best effect)

i love benefits benetint- it stays on all day and gives you a natural flush rather than a powdery finish.

Latest posts

Back