Can leg hair be too long?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jigglyb4ll

Reaction score
Had a lady in this morning who luckily is a friend but she'd kindly "saved her leg hair for me" since before Xmas.
It was the first time she's ever been waxed.
I'm not exaggerating but they were hairier than any mans legs ive seen lol
I know if bikini hair/chest hair is too long we can trim first but I would never have considered it for leg hair...

Anyway, I set to work quite excited about seeing the difference but I found lots of hair had torn and the final result wasn't at all perfect.
I know my technique probably could improve but I've not had this problem before.

Was the hair 'too long' or did I just do a rubbish job?

She's happy and I've booked her return appointment which I know will be much better (and sooner lol) but I feel really disappointed :(

Any advice would be great xx

How long have you been doing waxing? You have to make sure you pull the strip parallel with the leg do not break the hair or the client could have had two cycles but if the first cycle was so long you should have been able to take the shorter hair out by maybe applying a second layer of wax. Hope that makes sense. J

Yes it can be too long and dense than is desirable and you may have to work in smaller patches and make sure you are using plenty of pressure and stretch on application to get the wax down to the skin.

Yes it can be too long and dense than is desirable and you may have to work in smaller patches and make sure you are using plenty of pressure and stretch on application to get the wax down to the skin.

That makes total sense, I think that's exactly where I went wrong.
Thank you!
It's so obvious when I read it back :o
I think I was doing patches too large and not getting the wax right down to the skin.
Least now I know for next time...although I hope to never do another leg wax like that as it was exhausting lol :

Thanks xx

My understanding is leg waxing is very much an on-going process for the best results to be seen. If the client was happy and has rebooked then all is fine and she will be even happier next time.

Maybe try trimming the hair before waxing lol x

I do think she will be pleased next time as she will notice the difference but I find it so frustrating that its not instant lol
That is reassuring, thank you! I think I just needed a little geek love and push in the right direction x

Maybe try trimming the hair before waxing lol x

Lol I think she may have cried if I got the trimmers out! Bless her.
I've never known leg hair like it but I didn't want to offend her.
I know it's perfectly acceptable to trim other body hair before waxing but somehow it just seems wrong with the legs lol x

oooo id love to have a go at legs like that! love waxing expescially really hairy legs as love the instant change and how clean they look after

I second that! Love love love really hairy legs to wax! You'll find this as you get more clients in! It's the ones with really fine light hair or the ones with minimal re growth that will drive you mad! Bring on the hairies! X

I've had lots of very hairy ladies in and love it as you can really see what you're doing and get a good finish but I've gotta say this particular lady was exceptional.
In hindsight i dont think it helped that her feet smelled really bad which I think may have been a reason I was a bit too light and did too big an area in each go but lesson learnt I guess lol xx

I've never trimmed male or female leg hair. Is done ways it's easier to wax longer hair as it rips clean out and you can see straight away that it's gone.

Latest posts

Back