Can you guys take a look at my website and critique - pleeeeease??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sas21

Reaction score
:oHi geeks!

I have just done my Foundation Course and have been trying to set up a website that I can have on my business cards so potential clients can take a look at my nails and find out about me.

The thing is, I have never done anything like this before and would really appreciate it if some of you would have a look and give me your opinions!

Please bear in mind that it is under construction and in its early stages.

I have only got nail art in the photos section at the moment as I need to do some more nails and take pics so that I can put them up on there.

Please be really honest as I want to get this right! lol

Nails by Sarah:

Thanks in advance
xx

:Scared:

Some of the site says "Access Denied".

Can't get in without a password.

Ok, I think I have sorted it out now.:rolleyes:

Cheers geeks
xx

One thing I noticed was the file sizes of the pictures are quite big so they take a while to load - try compressing them within your photo software for use on a website. One is 404 kb - it should be nearer single figures if possible.

One thing I noticed was the file sizes of the pictures are quite big so they take a while to load - try compressing them within your photo software for use on a website. One is 404 kb - it should be nearer single figures if possible.

Ok, thanks for that info.
I will try to have a mess around tonight and figure out how to do it. lol

xx

Great start to your website. I would put the 'About Me' section on your home page which is quite empty. I would put your Guestbook to the last option. As has been said, I would make the piccy file sizes smaller so that the Gallery opens at a reasonable speed otherwise people will give up and move on. I felt that you put a lot of emphasis on damage that can be done through enhancements. By all means mention that you don't damage the natural nail but I wouldn't make it the first piece of information that you give.

Well done and hopefully you will get lots of new clients from your website.:)

Great start to your website. I would put the 'About Me' section on your home page which is quite empty. I would put your Guestbook to the last option. As has been said, I would make the piccy file sizes smaller so that the Gallery opens at a reasonable speed otherwise people will give up and move on. I felt that you put a lot of emphasis on damage that can be done through enhancements. By all means mention that you don't damage the natural nail but I wouldn't make it the first piece of information that you give.

Well done and hopefully you will get lots of new clients from your website.:)

Hi, thanks for the valuable info.

I was actually thinking that about the damage that can be done - dont want to scare them off! lol

I was just going to get rid of some of it and then put more plus points in there instead.

I will definately put the about me section in there and change the pic sizes (when I figure out how to do it).

Thanks again
xx:)

At first glance, you have a few typo's in there too ... development, not developement and opposed, not apposed.

Good start to your own website though.

At first glance, you have a few typo's in there too ... development, not developement and opposed, not apposed.

Good start to your own website though.

Thanks for that, just been in and edited it!
I was sure I got development right! lol

Thanks
xx

Just wanted to say your nail art is lovely!

Great start to your site hun, well done! I remember the headache well :green:

The only thing I would mention, is that your enhancements are going to be your bread and butter rather than nail art, but I couldn't see any pics of those (might just be me looking in the wrong place, lol) But, you really need to try and get some pics of your work on real nails so people can see the differences between the prices on your list.

HTH :hug:

Looks good to me, nice to see you're educating the public too.

Well done.:)

Just wanted to say your nail art is lovely!

Aww, thanks hun.:)

I got into it when I was about 16 and love it!

I have got so many more but its having the time to put them all on! lol

xx

Great start to your site hun, well done! I remember the headache well :green:

The only thing I would mention, is that your enhancements are going to be your bread and butter rather than nail art, but I couldn't see any pics of those (might just be me looking in the wrong place, lol) But, you really need to try and get some pics of your work on real nails so people can see the differences between the prices on your list.

HTH :hug:

Hiya,

You're not looking in the wrong place hun, I haven't put any on there yet.

I know I really need to put some on there, and I will, as soon as I have some photos! lol

I've only just passed but have got my mum, and a friend of my aunts who want their nails done so as soon as I have done them I will take pics and put them on there.

I had all the nail art ones done already, I've kinda built up hundreds of them over the years and thought I'd start with them.

I haven't got the business cards or leaflets yet (which I have put the web addy on so that potential clients can go on there and have a look) but the cards are on order and I will be doing some leaflets my self on the pc.

xx

looks cool, all your info seems to be there, my only critique is .... the font on the front page is quite big, you shouldn't really need to scroll that much, it could easily fit without scrolling.
GOOD LUCK

Well done Sarah, your website is coming together nicely :) I really love the nail art, its so amazing!

With the pics, you could always host them on ImageShack® - Hosting, put an avatar size on your site (that you can click to enlarge).

Under "information", you might just want to reformat a little (remove the bullets) or left align the info so it sits next to the bullets.

Is it possible to put in a small contents on the left of your MMA section so its easier to link to each sub section that you address (that way you don't have to scroll down all the way)?

Btw, I love the simplicity of the site (its easy on the eye).... and I LOVE the butterflies in the background :)

Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

Georgy

looks cool, all your info seems to be there, my only critique is .... the font on the front page is quite big, you shouldn't really need to scroll that much, it could easily fit without scrolling.
GOOD LUCK

Hi Nailzoo,
thanks for the input - I have adjusted the size of the text on the home page.
Thanks again

xx

Well done Sarah, your website is coming together nicely :) I really love the nail art, its so amazing!

With the pics, you could always host them on ImageShack® - Hosting, put an avatar size on your site (that you can click to enlarge).

Under "information", you might just want to reformat a little (remove the bullets) or left align the info so it sits next to the bullets.

Is it possible to put in a small contents on the left of your MMA section so its easier to link to each sub section that you address (that way you don't have to scroll down all the way)?

Btw, I love the simplicity of the site (its easy on the eye).... and I LOVE the butterflies in the background :)

Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

Georgy

Hi Georgy,
I have adjusted the bulleting on the page but the format of the MMA page is a work in progress! lol
Still trying to figure it out. I am alos trying to figure out the image shack thing - don't know if I will be able to do it on this site.

Thanks again
Also thanks to all you geeks for your very valuable help!

Sarah
xx:)

Latest posts

Back