Can you top coat nail enamel with Glaze n Go?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VanityVan

Reaction score
Just wanted some advice, Can you top coat nail enamel with Glaze n Go?

Simple answer - no. Some people have recommended a product called Quattro for this, which I think they said was sold in Sally's amongst other places. I believe CND HeatDry can also be used.

Glaze N' Go is not to be used over polish it is designed to work over L&P and gel. Try NSI Airshield or Thermoshield they are both very good top coats for polish.

Don't know about Airshield but Thermoshield is for polish over enhancements and not natural nails. I have tried it and it just cracks and breaks off within hours.

Star nails do the quattro top gel, this is designed to go over the top of polish hth :hug:

EzFlow have Speed Finish which is ideal for this too.
hth

Star nails do the quattro top gel, this is designed to go over the top of polish hth :hug:
can this be removed with acetone polish remover ( if the client wanted to remove it )

I know this thread is a little old but I wanted to say that I tried Thermoshield for the first time last night, 10 minutes before going to bed.

I am wearing L&P enhanced nails.
I applied 2 coats of CND Tutti Frutti and a coat of Thermoshield.
Cured for 3 minutes.

I never have any luck when I polish my own nails.... I am far too impatient! So I wasn't expecting perfect nails this morning.

But they were perfect... no dents, smudges etc and still very shiney.

So I am happy to report that Thermoshield over polish on Enhanced nails - works!

Latest posts

Back