Can you use Brisa UV Finishing Gloss over natural nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amethyst_Angel

Reaction score
Hi folks!

Just been on the phone to Sweet Squared to try to get my mitts on a bottle of UV Dry topcoat that I've been drooling over for weeks...

They didn't seem to have that in stock (it's of course discontinued now :cry:) but said I could use Brisa UV Finishing Gloss over nail polish on natural nails (as well as enhancements) instead!

Is this true?! I've gone ahead and ordered myself one anyway... but just wanted to check that this is possible. I very rarely wear enhancements due to an allergy but I *LOVE* the UV topcoat that CND used to do. Is Brisa UV Finishing Gloss a bit like the old UV Dry was?

Any advice greatly appreciated!

:hug:

I didn't think this worked - but I wait to be corrected!

From what i have read on this it seems to be pretty hit and miss....which is fine on yourself but a bit of a gamble on clients.

Some say its worked and others have said it didn't.

Thanks for your replies!

The official word from Sweet Squared is that it doesn't work. Back to the drawing board for me, I'm afraid!

Kirsty, have you tired the Heat Dry hun? Its kind of similar to UV dry except it uses heat to dry instead of UV, you need to cure it under a 60watt bulb for 3 minutes.

The UV finishing gloss (and all the Brisa Gels) needs either Liquid Bond, a 180 grit surface or an inhibition layer in order for it to bond properly, enamel has none of these things so the UV Finishing Gloss will not bond properly and then possibly lead to the enamel just sliding off or not drying at all. Also, if your enamel is not properly touch dry before you apply it and you get enamel on your brush you will have one ruined bottle of Gloss.

HTH

Quattro by Star Nails can be used over polish. I keep a bottle just for this purpose.

Kirsty, have you tired the Heat Dry hun? Its kind of similar to UV dry except it uses heat to dry instead of UV, you need to cure it under a 60watt bulb for 3 minutes.

The UV finishing gloss (and all the Brisa Gels) needs either Liquid Bond, a 180 grit surface or an inhibition layer in order for it to bond properly, enamel has none of these things so the UV Finishing Gloss will not bond properly and then possibly lead to the enamel just sliding off or not drying at all. Also, if your enamel is not properly touch dry before you apply it and you get enamel on your brush you will have one ruined bottle of Gloss.

HTH

Hi Kirsten

Thanks for that!

I have tried the Heat Dry but I found that you can still end up smudging it if you're not careful (the dreaded rummaging around in handbag to find keys scenario) whereas with the UV Dry it was smudgeproof after 4 mins under the lamp. I miss my UV Dry... :cry:

Although maybe I've not given Heat Dry a fair enough chance - maybe my table lamp isn't hot enough...?

Quattro by Star Nails can be used over polish. I keep a bottle just for this purpose.

Oooh thanks for that - I'll try to source some and give it a shot! :hug:

I used my IBD intense seal over polish, that worked ok......

Normally i use my super shiney, it was one of the dressers and she was between clients so tried it for quickness

Latest posts

Back