Candida infection?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Voodoo

Reaction score
hi guys.

has anyone here been diagnosed as having candida albicans?

after feeling very lethargic, having jumpy periods, acne and headaches i took myself to the docs a couple of weeks ago - but i saw a locum rather than my own gp.

he said that i may have ovarian cysts again and sent me for a blood test which came back ok, and also prescribed anti-biotics for the acne.

i went to see my own gp and he has diagnosed me as having candida albicans, which makes total sense as i have been craving sugary foods and bread for the past 2 months.

so today is my first day of doing the candida diet...and i feel sooooo ill! :cry:

i'm not allowed to eat sugars, caffeine, fruit, alcohol, cheese, milk, yeast, flour and various others foods for at least 3-5 months...and i am having a MASSIVE chocolate and coffee withdrawl lol!

i always thought that candida just meant having thrush, and was shocked when he told me the various symptoms that it can cause.

if anyone has any experience of having candida then i would be ever so grateful if you shared it, either on the thread or by pm...i'm feeling rather sorry for myself right now. :cry:

jue x

HI, I have no advice for you.

But after reading your post i'm gobsmacked this is just how I am! honestly I cannot believe it.

I'm going to book in at the doc's tomorrow, something I should have done at least 9 months ago.

So I for 1 am really glad you posted! x:hug:

Hi There - Poor you, i know how you feel - I have candida but then everybody does to some extent. It causes problems if you have an extreme overgrowth. 3-5 months is a VERY long time to be on the diet, i was told only 1 month and then slowly start introducing 'normal' foods back into your diet.....i went to a lady who treated me for candida, only once ( very strange way she did it but believe me it worked!) i was soooooooooooooooooo sick the day after the treatment vomitting and shivering like flu etc. VERY bad headaches etc. I felt like this for about a week and then i started to feel better but i will say that you should not be on the diet for longer than 1 month as the longer you stay off these foods the worse it can be for you as you may develop intolerances to them and be even worse in the long run.Try cutting down your sugar intake as sometimes it can be far too difficult to cut EVERYTHING out at once and believe me you won't believe how yeast is in everything we eat! I hope you do better than i did!

Hi Feeling ill initially is common as it is when the cells are dying off and can make you feel worse for a while. After a time you will feel better. I suffer badly if I eat too much sugar and try to keep on the straight and narrow but it is difficult. When I gave up caffiene I had terrible headaches for days but then it subsided and I felt so much better afterwards. Hang on in there - it will get better.:hug:

hi guys, thanks for your replies.

yesterday was probably one of the worst days of my life...i was in bed and couldn't move a finger, and i was so scared i thought that i was going to die. :cry:

fortunately i feel a lot better now, so i'm hoping that the past couple of days have been my worst and now i'm going to get better and better - today is the first day in weeks that i haven't craved chocolate! :eek:

i suppose that it affected me so severly because i suddenly went from having nothing but coffee, chocolates, biscuits and bread to having absolutely nothing but candida-killing foods...with hindsight i should've done it gradually huh? :rolleyes:

eden, what treatment did this lady give to you? it sounds very interesting.

i really hope that i only have to be on this diet for 1 month but i must say that the candida diet is very healthy, i've eaten more veg in one day than i usually eat in a week....so it's probably all for the best in the long run huh?

oh and a simple test to see if you have candida overgrowth is to spit into a clear glass of water first thing in the morning - BEFORE drinking/eating/brushing teeth.

check it after 15 minutes and if it looks like little stringy bits are dangling down, and bits have broken off then candida is on over-drive - here's a link that explains it better.

What is Candida - The Test

jue x

Hi - I'll get the womans details for you but its £60 for 1 treatment and it kills the candida overgrowth (so beware you might be really sick the next day) after that you have to try to keep at the diet for 1 month. Lisa

well it's my 4th week on the diet....and my spots have gone with no new outbreaks, my energy level has hit the roof and i feel healthier than ever before! :)

it was ruddy hard for the 1st week, but after my caffeine and sugar cravings disappeared i have been fine.

the only downside that i've found is that because i'm not having any sugar, i'm tending to go "hypo" if i don't have a snack every 3 hours or so...luckily my fella is diabetic and recognised the symptoms i was having and told me to eat more regularly.

and due to the restrictions on what i can eat - no processed foods/wheat/sugar - i've been cooking from scratch and eating better than ever, and as a consequence have been cooking my fella's and kids meals without using processed food...yesterday i made a lasagne for the 1st time ever lol! :lol:

jue x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back