help....any top tips for food poisening

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MINKUS

Gel Junkie
Reaction score
Sorry if you've just eaten ! Tearing my hair out been to docs this morning and i have food poisening :cry: ....I am doing a splendid job of keeping ANDREX in business.

Only thing i can put it down to is dodgy prawns on sunday night from the chinese, my loving husband was so generous he gave me his prawns too:irked: as he doesnt like them !

I am about sick of it...cant eat anything....feel drained and tired, been on the old lucozade.

Idiot doctor wont give me anything says imodium and such like can make it worse? Well i had 6 the other night and it didnt do a thing !

can anyone help? :sad:

I dont do being ill ! on the plus side i have lost 1/2 a stone since sunday ! but would rather not have food poisening !

Amb x

Dont eat and just sip water if, keep in touch with the NHS on the helpline as if it persists you might need some electrolites to give you energy and keep your natural sodium levels okay

i know I did need these but I had it for 7 days

Get well soon.

Amb hunny, it isn't a plus losing 1/2 a stone since sunday, thats not good.
you should be sipping water, little and often, at least 3 litres a day
you could do a google search and make your own rehydration drink containing salt and sugar or buy some sachets from the chemist.
hope you start to feel better soon :hug: xxx

Whenever my kids have a stomach complaint, it's flat lemonade, and if they can manage it dry toast, or litebread, kruskits or similar, something light and not greasy. Hope this helps.

regards

Doctor's right - Immodium just bungs you up, it won't treat you. I had dodgy prawns when I was 8, I still can't eat them now. Get some Dioralyte (if they still make it) as this gives you the salts you need, and sip slowly so your body can absorb it.

I always have a wheetie when I have a tummy upset, makes it feel much better. Other than that hun you're just gonna have to be patient and let it work its way out of your system.:hug:

:green: arrrrrrrrh Amber babe

it is horrible being sick i hope you are either in bed or on the settie with your feet up and you get that hubby of yours running around after you and doing the house work.....make him pay for them extra bloody prawns.

make sure you drink plenty and you can get rehydration sachets from chemist if needed as it might take it out of you (better then it all running out of you):Scared: lol

only trying to make ya laugh xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

flat lemonade is good...... and they still make dyhrilate in all different flavors.. taste rank but are really good.. but apart from that you have to let it though.. better out than in... excuse the pun...thinking of you:hug:

Ahhh...poor baby....and here i was taking the mick and calling you pumpkin...now i feel bad.

The only thing you can do is let it run its course....Just drink little and often...so not to get dehydrated...you can survive with out food for ages, but you must have fluids. You will feel week and drained...cos you have nothing inside...best to rest up...EAT NOTHING...for at least 24 hours

take care hun xxx

I had food poisoning 2 weeks ago and it was hell - you have all my sympathy mate :irked:

On talking to various people and checking out the net there are two ways of dealing with it - starve yourself or feed yourself.

My sister is a chef and she swears by overfeeding yourself, she says it pushes it all though and gets rid faster so I tried it and mine cleared up in less than 48 hours to my relief :cool:

Someone also mentioned that doctors are now saying you should continue to eat so you don't do yourself any damage. (Rather like when you are sick and dry heaving is not good for you so they recommend you eat something to bring up instead)

A hot water bottle and bed/sofa for you chick :hug:

Trin
xx

its terrible cause i'm HANK MARVING !!!!

Thanks for the well wishes ! I'm In the lounge with the double sleeping bag with my little one as we speak...heating on...fire on....and bleeding C BEEBIES need to get back to work PRONTO !!!

thanks peeps

amb x

I've never had it and I don't know anyone who has either!

Sorry no tips for you!

Just
GET WELL SOON!!!!!!!!!

:hug: :hug:​

you stil not well chick?!?! thought you were getting better!?

just tried to ring you to see if you are ok.

Get better soon Babes xxx

P.s If you need anything give me a bell!

funkyfingers10 said:
P.s If you need anything give me a bell!

GIANT size sudocreme would be good lmao

MINKUS said:
GIANT size sudocreme would be good lmao

HA HA!!!

must me verey soothing...has Rob bought you the moist tissues yet...use baby wipes if not..or even better put a toilet roll in the freezer/fridge works a treat...so i've heard!!!

At Least you'll be better for Gmex!! xx

Oh Amb
Get better soon! Far better ways of getting a day off, lol!:hug:

Sassy Hassy said:
Doctor's right - Immodium just bungs you up, it won't treat you. I had dodgy prawns when I was 8, I still can't eat them now. Get some Dioralyte (if they still make it) as this gives you the salts you need, and sip slowly so your body can absorb it.

I always have a wheetie when I have a tummy upset, makes it feel much better. Other than that hun you're just gonna have to be patient and let it work its way out of your system.:hug:

Sass they do still make it in blackcurrant and raspberry I think. My Gran has been on it as she has had diarrhea for nearly six weeks now.

You should take a sample to your GP for analysis.....it's not on that take aways get away so easily with poisoning people!!

Fingertips ND said:
Sass they do still make it in blackcurrant and raspberry I think. My Gran has been on it as she has had diarrhea for nearly six weeks now.

6 WEEKS!!! your poor gran!!! that's awful!!

bless her i hope she's ok!! xx

She has been really poorly - obviously the dioralyte didn't work for her!

She has a very bad bowel infection made worse by MRSA!

Cathie! said:
You should take a sample to your GP for analysis.....it's not on that take aways get away so easily with poisoning people!!

if its not gone by friday i have to supply a sample !

God knows how i am gonna do that !!!!

Funny thing was ...b4 going shopping on saturday with funkyfingers pulled out the diarolyte looking for something in the cupboard and said 'OH NO diarolyte dont think i want that do I chuckle chuckle' I've gone and jinxed myself !!!

amb x

Latest posts

Back