Can't believe Amy Winehouse has died! :o

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought she was unique and had lots more to give. Loved her music and feel so sorry for her family.
Many truly creative people have used drugs, going back to Victorian times, and maybe before that. Some get away with it, many do not.
I suppose it's debatable as to whether they would have reached their artistic heights without the confidence and mind-expanding effects of the very products that kill them in the end.

My sympathy goes to all those saddened by the loss of amy winehouse! :sad:

I am hoping her death may help raise awareness of the risks of drugs and would like to see more education as to why people are inclined to take drugs and the help available to those who take drugs and their families! even if it stops one person from taking drugs then it may well not be in vain.

This thread was started so that those people who wished to, could post their respects. If you couldnt care less that she died, then please stay away from the thread.

Thanks,

Thank you.

RIP Amy. Such a sad sad loss. She had an amazing talent.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Papers this morning are saying her body was there for 6 hours before being discovered. I hope I never die alone like that, no matter what the reason :sad:

The papers also state that no drugs were found.

RIP Amy, I hope you are at rest now.

oh my word! The shallowness of some people! Im not sure its been confirmed yet that she did die of a drug overdose? ok so there is a high chance it might have been drink or drug related, but even so, does it really warrant such a shallow post?

RIP AMY. Hope you are now finally able to find peace with yourself!

I feel I need to comment here. Do not be hard on Lunarstorm. Lunarstorm has given me some wonderful advice recently regarding problems with my gorgeous West Highland Terrier Dog Oscar. She/he (the name Sam could mean either gender) went above and beyond to give me very welcome advice at a time when I did not know where to turn and indeed was desperate! I have read the post here and was very saddened to learn than Lunarstorm had been so troubled in her/him self, yet so deeply, deeply caring and loving towards animals (which is always a good sign in any human) I can also see where Lunarstorm could be very frustrated to see someome so young to take their own life, leaving those behind, making it their very own decision, yet I understand that when some young people get addicted, its so very hard, if not impossible to help them. I also have read from Lunarstorm that he/she does not expect anyone to give sympathy to anyone who does this, especially as she/he did this themselves, but I, myself do give sympathy. It saddens me so much and I feel so much for anyone who feels that death is better than life!!

For Amy « Russell Brand ~ I have a new respect for him after reading that!

What we all have to remember is that addiction is like a cancer, some people manage to beat it and others sadly don't :hug:

That's made me cry. I just feel so sad for her being and feeling alone.

To hear of her death made me very sad :( Her poor parents and family. RIP Amy <3 xXx

Half the people in this thread make me laugh. Automatically, not to mention, most ignorantly, assume she died due to a drug overdose. This is despite the fact that the police have yet to discover the cause of death. No drugs were found in her flat and toxicology tests are still being carried out. It's a sad day when people with an addiction get the 'we don't give a **** attitude' because they were struggling with drugs and alcohol addiction.

/rant over

(One very annoyed, former hardcore drug/alcohol user who turned their life around and is now enjoying life/back in education, after getting help and being clean of drugs for over 8 years)

Kamio

Still breaking my heart. I can't wrap my head around the idea that this woman I adored and admired for so many years is now ashes in a box.

I can't look at any pictures of her or listen to her music anymore. It breaks my heart over and over. I don't think I'll ever fully get over this.

Apart from the sadness that someone so young has lost her life, and her poor parents must be suffering unimaginable pain, it strikes me that everyone has jumped to a lot of conclusions already.
The drug addiction would have most certainly damaged her body, we knew she had COPD, probably caused by smoking crack.
The music industry is unimaginably cruel and heartless, dead artists are often worth more than live ones who are too damaged to perform. I keep an open mind over the cause of this poor girls death.

I just wish that the music industry would stop glamourising drugged up pop stars and treating drug use as if it is normal to the point of de rigeur for anyone wanting to make it as a singer/band.

Next time I see a pushy parent shoving a youngster in front of Simon Cowell on BGT, I hope that someone reminds them about the fate of so many young stars, it should come with a government health warning.

Latest posts

Back