Cant seem to do facial waxing right any advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailzandbeauty

Reaction score
Hi im having problems with my waxing, especially the eyebrows.
I have got one friend i practice on and i end up leaving a graze which is sore.She has got very course hair but they just dont seem to come off.I can do leg waxing fine but struggling with eyebrow and underarm,but saying that its on the same lady with the course hair,underarm leaves like a red rim around where iv waxed.looks ok at first then the reddnes comes and is dry n flaky after??
Why cant i get the hairs to come out any clues?
Im having nightmares when i know iv got to do waxing now incase i do the same helppppp:cry:

Maybe you should use non strip wax on her as you can apply the wax more than once on the same area. Use a fine oil underneath and make sure that you stretch the skin when you apply the wax and when you remove the wax.

If you want to use strip wax, still apply oil and make sure it isn't too hot. You could always tweeeze of course, which seems to be a forgotten art. xxx

Hi, im still at college training but no one has mentioned non strip wax so i dont know anything about that really gona find some read up on it.
How are you applying the oil what with and what brand please?
Well i did graze her last time so today when i waxed her again it only got a few off so i tweezed the rest as i dint want a repeat of last time as it was sore!

I use Hive options warm wax at the the minute, but was thinking of using a different brand as im hearing about clean and easy and the PR system but im at a loss at the minute so mixed up with it all.Im doing legs fine with good results but underarm n eyebrows are really doing my head so to speak.

It does pay to use a good wax. Carry on with strip wax for now (I use both on brows). To get you used to using oil, before you spend money you haven't got, touch the top of a bottle of baby oil and apply it to the area to be wax. You need the tiniest drop. Blot with a tissue so that you can't see it shining. Apply your strip wax and do as I said. When you realise how fab oil is, I suggest you buy a bottle of Perron Rigot Jasmine Oil. It's not expensive and lasts forever. xxx

Ok thanx ill have a look to find some PR jasmine oil xx

It does pay to use a good wax. Carry on with strip wax for now (I use both on brows). To get you used to using oil, before you spend money you haven't got, touch the top of a bottle of baby oil and apply it to the area to be wax. You need the tiniest drop. Blot with a tissue so that you can't see it shining. Apply your strip wax and do as I said. When you realise how fab oil is, I suggest you buy a bottle of Perron Rigot Jasmine Oil. It's not expensive and lasts forever. xxx

I just love the smell of the jasmine oil

I know...it's gorge. A small bottle that lasts forever is only around £5. xxx

I would say that your wax is too hot, hence being flaky a few days later, as you have slightly burnt her. I know as I've done this to myself. It's not sore or anything but just looks unsightly days after.

HTH

Ok thanks for the replys guys,
i always test the wax on myself then the client and she has said its alright,but when i spoke to her last night about it and said or you sure its not too hot for you she replied its suppose to be burn hot isnt it..... i could have hit her on the head!!!! so maybe thats wot is doing her skin but then theres still the big problem of i cant get the hairs to come out on her eyebrows... head banging on wall so i just pluck them as iv got her on a regrowth as she plucks them ALL out.Any more tips would be good all advice greatly recieved!
Thanks to the other replys xx

If it was too hot, then the client would feel that when you applied the wax. More than likely you removed skin when waxing. Like the wax queen said, apply oil to the skin prior to waxing.

hi there
just read your advice about using oil, prior to waxing, i use warm wax , will the wax still stick , some times i have trouble with skin coming off and leaving a graze. some one did suggest my client may have used retenoil making the skin thin???????????
do you ever put talc on bikini before waxing, was suggested to me, to help wax only adhereing to hair.

hi there
just read your advice about using oil, prior to waxing, i use warm wax , will the wax still stick , some times i have trouble with skin coming off and leaving a graze. some one did suggest my client may have used retenoil making the skin thin???????????
do you ever put talc on bikini before waxing, was suggested to me, to help wax only adhereing to hair.

This is something I always check with my clients during their consultation.

hi there

Yes, you can still use the oil under strip wax. Skip the power for the bikini line and go with the oil. In fact... throw that powder out and use oil for everything.

The big thing with waxing is to make sure that you are really looking at the clients skin first. How dry is it? How thin? can it withstand waxing? Someone using retinol can still be waxed, as long as their skin looks good and you use oil first.

Thanks for the advice x

Ive never heard of applying oil to the skin before waxing?!?.....ive always been told to clean the area to be waxed to remove any dirt,oil or sebum otherwise the wax wont stick to the hairs

Im quite interested in this method now,can someone explain exactly how to apply the oil,how much etc and do you use it on every part of the body to be waxed?.....also is it ok to just use baby oil?

sorry for all the questions im just very interested,ive been qualified for years and have never heard of it:!:

A light massage oil or baby oil is okay to use. You really only need the smallest amount though, the skin should not look at all shiney once you've applied the oil. You will know if you've used too much as the wax sort of 'slides' around on top of the skin xx

Don't be afraid if you have applied too much oil, just get a tissue and wipe the area and get back to your waxing, client will never know!

I recommend Jasmine Oil.

Ive never heard of applying oil to the skin before waxing?!?.....ive always been told to clean the area to be waxed to remove any dirt,oil or sebum otherwise the wax wont stick to the hairs

Im quite interested in this method now,can someone explain exactly how to apply the oil,how much etc and do you use it on every part of the body to be waxed?.....also is it ok to just use baby oil?

sorry for all the questions im just very interested,ive been qualified for years and have never heard of it:!:

A tiny drop of oil prevents the wax attaching to the skin but it still gets the hairs, but only apply the smallest drop after you have cleansed the area, if you put on too much the wax will slide over it so if you think you have just blot with a tissue before you apply the wax. I do this on every area I wax and with both strip and non strip wax. Im guessing baby oil will be ok but I use the oil that the wax company that I use make.

this is a great thread,i have been taught to apply talc,but i'll use oil from now on.thanks :lol:

Try this: Apply a fine layer of oil. Take a ball of non strip wax onto your spatula and starting from the corner of the mouth, apply the wax against the hair growth and keep applying more wax until you've competely covered the entire area above the upper lip. So you've gone from one corner of the mouth, right across the middle and to the other corner. So basically, your client now has a full wax moustache. Remove the wax from either corner you like, stretching the skin as you pull of your wax in short, sharp bursts. Now do exactly the same again starting from the other corner of the mouth and remove from the other side this time. Voila! One smooth upper lip with no face pulling, and really hurty bit in the middle.

Don't all start screaming about not applying against the hair growth etc. Trust me. Let us know how you get on.xxx

Latest posts

Back