Car stolen this evening with all my beauty equipment as well

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone, but no news I'm afraid from the police on my car :(

Probably won't see it again though, they probably drove it straight onto a van for parts!

Feel really cheesed off today, had to postpone some appointments and still checking with insurance companies etc.

As I regularly do Nails, Manicures/Pedi's, Tanning, Waxing, Virgin Vie, I had lots of stuff in the car, I try to get as much in the boot as possible, but sometimes I have to have items on the floor behind the seat, I try to cover them as much as possible and usually items on view are a couch or pedi bowl, items that you wouldn't think would attract people. I don't really think that was the case here, it was just the car they wanted which happened to have a boot full of stuff. I have tried not to carry so much stuff around with me, and just take out the stuff I'm using for that day, but you can guarantee a client will ask on the day for something extra and its no good if the equipment is at home, which has happened to me before. I offer a service and need to have everything in my boot.

The thought of taking everything in and out of the car at every app and morning and night just exhausts me and would take forever, I don't have the time, nor would my clients want all my equip in their house.

This happening has certainly made me think about being mobile, and I wonder now which way to go and should I continue. This I suppose depends on insurance and replacing items. I will lose out anyway I guess. The other thing is I have all my client record cards in a box in the car too and now don't have email addresses or postal addresses.

At times like this I feel just giving up and getting another Secretarial job............. but then I won't be happy and then I'm back to 9 til 5pm and not doing what I really enjoy.

So sorry to hear this news again, it really drums it in me about making sure I take all my gear out of the car at night.

I really hope you get things sorted out soon, chin up mate!:hug:

Teri x

What a nightmare you are going through. I feel so sorry for you I really do. I wish I lived closer to you, so I could offer my help.
You must be gutted.
Just stay strong, and remember what goes around comes around ALWAYS.

Just a thought , does the gym have a swipe card system in place? Our gym has one, and you cant get in if you are not a member. Was there any cctv?

Take care xx:hug: :hug:

My friend had her mercadies a class pinched...there are some right w*****s about.i just that one day someone returns the favour to who ever pinched it.

Hi

oww how awful for you!

I do hope you get your car back. There are some really horrible people around!

How absolutely awful. People just take things as if it belongs to them. Do hope you find your car and stuff soon.:hug:

My friend had her lovely jag stolen a couple of weeks ago...

OH hun sending you huge hugs.......:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:.

Hope they catch the B*****d thats nicked it!! Its another example of the way life's become. God some people really only think of themselves & not the pain they'll cause others in doing such things!! Maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones, ya never know. Thinking of you.:hug:

So sorry for you hun, you all know what I went through at the begining of this year and the most frustrating part is the fact that all to offten they do get away with it, but the advise about checking cctv at the gym is a good one.
Good luck and don't let this stop you:hug::hug:

Really sorry to hear about ur misfortune hun. i think having ur car stolen must be pretty crap anyway, but when its got ur lively hood inside it its even worse.

re: insurance. I think you may need to have goods in transit insurance to claim anything on your equipment. I know when i was looking into being mobile my dad mentioned something about it. I have business class insurance on my car anyway, im not quite sure what difference that mekes but i have it anyway. goods in transit however, is different.

Good luck with it all.

xxx

Latest posts

Back