Car stolen this evening with all my beauty equipment as well

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HAILZTONES

Reaction score
:cry: What an awful night I've had:cry:

At 5.30pm this evening, I had my car stolen from a ladies gym that I work on an appointment only basis.

I just cannot believe the cheek of them! I had gone to the gym at 4pm to do a couple of appointments, I have a room above the gym on an industrial estate. I did some waxing and when I'd fininished the client and I went downstairs into the gym to ask if anyone had some change. I was in the gym 10mins sorting this out and making a few new appointments with clients who were training. I returned to my beauty room upstairs to find that my purse, £24 in cash, 6 cards, and my car keys had gone. The car had a lot of equipment in as you will appreciate being a mobile therapist, tanning system, my new sat nav, lovely sunglasses, cd's, virgin vie kit, waxing stuff etc etc. I rushed outside to see that my lovely black A Class Mercedes had gone too. I felt sick, I couldn't speak for 5 mins.

The police came, statements given, cancelled cards etc etc. My partner arrived, he is a traffic cop too (but on a rest day). We searched the area, then an hour or so later Tesco's rang with my keys as someone had handed them in (I had a clubcard on keyring). Some good news and some bad, I was relieved that I had my house keys back (as sat nav had home address!!), this meant that mum could now go home as she was house sitting until we returned, but the mercedes key and car were no where to be seen.

My man seems to think that I won't see my lovely car again:cry:

Now I just have to sit and wait to see if it turns up.

I am totally gutted. I have to work all day Fri and Sat and don't have half the equipment I need.

I dunno......things could be worse I guess, no-one has died!! Its just a pain in the butt!

How will I ever sleep tonight :zzz: NOT!!

There are such horrible people out there, they have tried to use my cards this eve, with no such luck I'm pleased to say!!
icon_evil.gif

Now I have to report this to Insurance Company in the morning, tried to this eve , but open at 8am. Just don't know how much I will get back for the car or if anything for equipment. Not even sure if I can claim on house contents. Obviously I'm fully comp.

Anyone been in this situation and can give me any advice it would be much appreciated ????

Thanks geeks.

Hayley

awwwwwwwww huni i cant believe the cheek of some people i really cant! hope u get everything sorted hun! sending u some :hug: :hug: :hug: xxx

So sorry Hayley, I really feel for you - good luck with the insurance co.

AAWWWWWWW babe this is my worst nightmare so sorry its happened to you. did you let your car ins know that you would have equiptment in the car cos you`d be covered then. The gym must know who was in that day or have cctv by the door, you`ll have to start locking your room even when you think your only gonna be a min. Some people are completly heartless, i wish i lived nearer to you i`d of helped you out with equipment best i could xxxx:hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

aw hun, i hope they catch the person/people and you get your car back (with everything in it):hug: :hug:

Thats awfull poor you. What gets me is we are all out there working our butts of to get where we are ie buy nice things, pay the bills etc and theses thought less scumbags just steel everything. Why can't they just go and get a job instead of scrounging from us !!!:!: Sorry to go on but it really bugs me. Well hope everything goes good with your insurance company. So sorry to hear your bad news.

What a bummer!

:hug:

Fingers crossed everything gets sorted and you get your car back (and your geeky stuff as well).

If there is anything we can help you with then please let us know!

:hug:

x x x

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: That's really rough.

Check your beauty insurance to see if that covers you for any losses if the car insurance or house insurance doesn't.

Trust in the fact that what goes around comes around and those thieving gits will get their comeuppance!

We searched the area, then an hour or so later Tesco's rang with my keys as someone had handed them in (I had a clubcard on keyring). Some good news and some bad, I was relieved that I had my house keys back (as sat nav had home address!!), this meant that mum could now go home as she was house sitting until we returned, but the mercedes key and car were no where to be seen.

I'm really sorry to hear about your ordeal, it must be awful :hug: :hug:

Not wanting to rub salt in the wound, but this is really good advice.

If you use SatNav, do not programme your house address under "Home / House" etc. You can call it anything else you want, or not give it a name at all would be even better.

This is normally the first thing that thieves look for.

Secondly, I know it's a pain (I'm mobile too), but NEVER leave your stuff in the car. This is the second theft of Geeks stuff out of cars that we've heard of in a very short period.

Please Geeks, you need to be more vigilant !

Marlise

I'm really sorry to hear about your ordeal, it must be awful :hug: :hug:

Not wanting to rub salt in the wound, but this is really good advice.

If you use SatNav, do not programme your house address under "Home / House" etc. You can call it anything else you want, or not give it a name at all would be even better.

This is normally the first thing that thieves look for.

Secondly, I know it's a pain (I'm mobile too), but NEVER leave your stuff in the car. This is the second theft of Geeks stuff out of cars that we've heard of in a very short period.

Please Geeks, you need to be more vigilant !

Marlise

How awful for you, I so hope you are up and running again soon. They are scum the people that take from you when you work so hard.

Good advice Marlise, I have my sat nav set on home, will get that changed.

They are scumbags,big :hug: 's to you hun x

So sorry to hear your news, honestly i cannont understand people who do this sort of thing, they do not understand the inconveniance they cause. They should be locked up and throw away the key!!!

Just goes to show you cant trust anyone in this world... Blimmin' rotters!!

They just dont know what hassel they cause! then have the cheek to hand the house keys in??:irked:

I was watching 'The Real Hustle' the other night and they said (like someone has already stated) NEVER store your real home address under HOME in your sat nav as its asking for trouble.
Its bad enough, but could have been alot worse..
That proves they were opportunists as if they were thinking it through, they would have been able to burgle the house too when they found out the address etc..

I had a car stolen once with all my bits in and they torched it trying to delete evidence!! opportunists arent likey just to dump it and leave it.. but lets hope they do..

Really hope you get sorted and get your car back hun.
My thoughts are with you and hope you get back to normal soon.
xxxxxx:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: That's really rough.

Check your beauty insurance to see if that covers you for any losses if the car insurance or house insurance doesn't.

Trust in the fact that what goes around comes around and those thieving gits will get their comeuppance!

Im really sorry to hear your news, can't imagine how frustrating it must me.

I agree with Trinity check your beauty insurance, they should cover you as the keys were stolen from your beauty room & if not my insurance covers me up to (£500 i think) for anything stolen from car, im with professional beauty.

Hope everything gets sorted for you :hug: xx

they do not understand the inconveniance they cause. They should be locked up and throw away the key!!!

Oh they do understand, they simply just don't care ! :irked:

Marlise

:hug::hug::hug:

hope the scum bags get caught and get their punishment babes!!!!
Good luck with your insurance!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Hayley

You must feel absolutely gutted hun. If we can help in anyway hun to get you through your tanning appointments please give us a call and we will sort something out for you.

Take care :hug:

Mandy x

Latest posts

Back