Catwalk Comp at Prof Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mum

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I've just been doing some 'stuff' for this new comp at Professional Nails show in September and am now all enthusiastic about it! It could be such fun!

It really is brand new and is aimed at the meeting of 'nails and fashion' but keeping as close to the real life catwaik as possible.

There are 2 categories, natural and enhanced nails. As far as I am aware, the winner of the natural nail category will assist Andrea Fullerton and a show during London Fashion Week. The 'enhanced' winner will join me and my team in Paris for a Paris Fashion Week show (travel expenses paid).

I think it is going to be very stress free and good fun. Hopefully, the catwalk show will also be a highlight of the day (as long as there are enough competitors!!)

This type of work is part of an NVQ unit and I am fairly confident that documented evidence of entering this comp will be acceptable for this Unit. I will make double sure but would be surprised if this is not the case

If you've been tempted by comps but not able to talk yourself into it, this has got to be a good alternative; specially if you are attracted by the 'sessions' work or have an interest in fashion.

Give it a go Geeks

im hoping to do it!!!!!!!!!!!!! if i can talk myself round , and not bottle it ,lol!!!

Sounds fab!!

How would you go about entering? I have always been too scared to enter in the past, but this may make me take the plunge!!....

i dont get it,:confused:
what do you actually have to do ?

do you need to bring your own model for this one?

yes you do,

you have to put the whole thing together but hair make up and clothes can be done prior, you have 2 1/2 hours to do a set of catwalk nails and its kicking of at 1pm and £10 to enter.

how do we get all the info (in writing)? I am a comp virgin .... is this a good idea? ha ha x

Hmmmmm, sounds interesting this one, i would like some more information regarding what is involved etc, so if anyone can help at all......

Yes you do need a model. Details are on the Pro Nails website.

I do think it could be an easy one from competition stress point of view and fun too. Although not finalised yet, some preparation can be done before but lots must be done during the comp.

If you want a tip from me, usually the shape of the models nails is very important in competitions ( a fact that so many ignore!) For this, I would suggest finding a model that loves to be a bit extrovert and can 'walk the walk' and look good.

hi, sounds really good fun. what do you get if you win>sorry if you have already mentioned this and ive missed it?! x

hi, sounds really good fun. what do you get if you win>sorry if you have already mentioned this and ive missed it?! x
Fab prizes:

If you win natural nail catwalk category, you get to spend the day assisting Andrea Fullerton at London Fashion week and if you win enhancement catwalk category, you get to assist Mum at the Parish fashion week (all expenses covered) - woweeeee!

Im gutted as Im going to miss this one, and what an opportunity to miss!!
Good luck to all of you who enter though, should be a fantastic day. Just out of interest does anyone have the Pro Nails web address to hand?

Marian, does this mean that the nails in the enhanced catagory have to be ott like fantasy or more your own interpetation of the models look?

Marian, does this mean that the nails in the enhanced catagory have to be ott like fantasy or more your own interpetation of the models look?

I was thinking this very question myself.......

Well finally syched myself up to enter and phoned up today to registar myself for the competition and the man asked me to hold and came back only to tell me that the catwalk comp had been postponed until the trade show in march. Got my sis to phone up and enquire and she was told that the people she needed to speak to were out and to check details on the website. Well I have and there is no mention that it has been postponed. I will try phoning again tomorrow (as they've all gone home now) to confirm but has anybody else been told this? :rolleyes:

Yes ... a couple of us have heard this (I was told by a fellow Geek).
Maybe it will be annunced officially here soon.

Awwwww!! That is such a shame!! I was sooooo looking forward to doing this comp!!
Gutted!!!
Oh well girls, we'll have more time to practise at least now!! LOL!!

I rang prof nails yesterday and spoke to kathryn hanks she told me it is being held over to excell.

Well phoned again today and was told it will be confirmed one way or the other by the end of the week (which is tomorrow!) So fingers crossed its still on.

Latest posts

Back