Celebrity spotting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bumped into Olly Murs in the Venice beach LA in September 2012. I had a wee chat with him and took a pic :)

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Aahhh, well jel! I don't think I'd be able to get any words out of my mouth to chat if I had met him! #superfan lol

Omg you're all blowing me out the water lol
Saw Roy Wood (Wizzard, Wish It Could be Christmas Every Day) buying a printer in Staples once.
I think I'd be scared to ask for a pic!

Roy used to enjoy a drink in my local village pub. I had a friend over and we were in the pub having a couple of vinos and Roy was in. My friend got all excited and wanted to go over. I said oh its not him, just looks like him. He's here all the time. After he left I told her it was him, she was well miffed but she is hilarious and wouldnt have left him alone, she would have asked him to sing Christmas songs even tho it was summer haha

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using SalonGeek mobile app

I've seen ermmm a football manager no idea who he was at an airport mine an my sisters boyfriend was like look look look! Me an my mom was too busy slagging on the wife we didn't realise he was famous until they told us :/!

Peter Andre was about 2 metres away from me I was to busy panicking it's him it's him to say anything!

Maverick sabre just before his concert he was walking up the road on his own so we went and said hello!!! :)

Don't think I've seen anyone else... Either that or just don't recognise them! Xx

Wouldn't have a clue who any of the local celebrities would be but here's my list I've spotted in my lifetime:

Dominic Monaghan (lost, one of the hobbits)- in Thailand zip lining. Nice fella. Took a picture with him.

Lewis Hamilton (F1 driver) - in a Chinese restaurant in Chinatown London

Geoffrey Rush (Pirates of the Carribean, King's Speech) - at a computer store in Brisbane, Australia. We're from there and is rare spotting anyone famous.

Dara O'Brian (comedian) - at Liverpool checking out the hotel we were checking in.

Chris Kamara (I only remember him from ladbrokes adverts) - at Victoria station. My bf was too shy to approach and wouldn't let me do it. I have no shame.

This is for any Queenslander (Australian) who follows NRL - Wally Lewis at Ekka. Strange man. He tried too hard to be nice but you could tell he was so uncomfortable. Then a few other TV presenters from 'the shack' and Stav Davidson from B105.

Roy used to enjoy a drink in my local village pub. I had a friend over and we were in the pub having a couple of vinos and Roy was in. My friend got all excited and wanted to go over. I said oh its not him, just looks like him. He's here all the time. After he left I told her it was him, she was well miffed but she is hilarious and wouldnt have left him alone, she would have asked him to sing Christmas songs even tho it was summer haha

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using SalonGeek mobile app

He lives near me I believe so we probably live in the same area

I served Jennifer Ellison once. She was so rude and even asked me if I knew who she was! I didn't.

I work in Brentwood so have had a few towie girls in for various treatments.
One of them is a regular.
nothing special I know lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I had a disagreement with Katie Price in a hotel in Bournemouth when she was pregnant with Harvey she was in the next room to us and wouldn't shut up. I went to boarding school with sinitta, although she was a year above me. My uncle's dog was the brother of the dog in the rocky films, I sat across from ant and Dec in Heathrow airport. I was also in the same class as the granddaughter of Ted from Hi-de-Hi (the large chap, think it was Ted) and the girl who's family owned the black beauty horse. I am so awful recognising celebrities I couldn't tell you if I've seen any. .

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Eddie Izzard was sat behind me in a restaurant last Saturday in bexhill, my sister went to take a sneaky pic as we walked past but her flash went off, not very discreet! But it made our night and we giggled in the car on the way home!

Sent from my iPhone Dani @ Beauty Angels

I saw Peter Andre walking on high road in Chiswick/London and also Ant&Dec shopping in Woolworths(?) also in
Chiswick.

Odoslané z GT-S5830i cez Tapatalk 2

I don't know very many British celebs so I don't think I'd recognize any if I saw them :lol:
However my friend has a lot of luck spotting celebs. Once at a bar somewhere in London, he saw Lily Allen. He has a picture with Keith Lemon at Brent Cross in front of the GBK. He's told me he's ran into lots of TV presenters and stuff, but I don't really watch much TV so I have no idea who they are. haha

I saw Peter Andre walking on high road in Chiswick/London and also Ant&Dec shopping in Woolworths(?) also in
Chiswick.

Odoslané z GT-S5830i cez Tapatalk 2

Do ant and dec even shop together? Are they ever apart!??

I saw Phil from Location Location Location in my local kids soft play centre. I was pathetic. .. according to my friend ;) I love Phil (not like that) but he's so calm and organised, I neeeeeed him in my life!

Oh I forgot, I saw the entire Man Utd football team in Gatwick Airport when I was going to Faliraki in my early 20s ahahah. A couple of them talked to us, one looked at me like I was something he stood in (I won't name names). They were mainly a bunch of arrogant tossers. Alex Ferguson especially, he refused to sign my friend's book (she is a MASSIVE fan). Grumpy sod.

There were a couple that were nice and signing autographs.

Oh and Ruth Maddock from Hi-de-Hi is friends with my auntie. I've met her once or twice.

I have a few. I saw richard curtis (the film director) at my local train station a few weeks back.

Most of a very well known rugby team (again most play for england!) Drink in my sisters pub so see them a lot.

An ex priminister was the govenor of my sixth form and he was regularly seen around school and was really nice, always had time for you no matter what.

When i lived up north the place that i worked was booked out for one night just before christmas and the whole of the hollyoaks cast turned up for a special xmas shopping event.

I have also personally worked with and helped the top gear boys and all the production crew. That was my first proper job and the one weekend top gear turn up im the only one of my team to turn up! My bosses boss left me in charge and called in forty agency workers (all men might i add) to work and the top gear boys all said they had had the best serive ever for an event. Left me a huge bottle of champers for all my hard work and regularly asked for me to head up their events at this place. I wont mention i was sixteen at the time!

Forgot to add one of my dads good friends is robbie williams bodyguards and my mums oh dad is a famous ex footballer who played for england. Lots of famous faces round their house when there is a party.

Last edited:
I saw Phil from Location Location Location in my local kids soft play centre. I was pathetic. .. according to my friend ;) I love Phil (not like that) but he's so calm and organised, I neeeeeed him in my life!

I'm jealous! He's my weird crush lol

Where where where? Think we are quite local to you 😊

Haha you Phil Spencer lovers! I was in Jungle Jims in Quex Park Birchington x

Saw Norman Hale from Hale and Pace in my vets. Helen Shapiro is my neighbour.
Seen quite a few celebs out and about in London over the years, but nobody to get excited about. Vinnie Jones' wife used to come to my salon for her hair when she stayed with friends nearby.

Zoe ball once came to make an appointment at the nail bar I was working in, I realised who she was and went bright red lol, she didn't turn up and heard from the selfridges girls she had gone there instead!
I saw femke Jensen in New York catching a cab in the street.
My mum was having a coffee next to Vincent Simone and flavia a few weeks back, I nearly wet myself when she text me lol

Latest posts

Back