charging your work mates for shellac????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crashell

Reaction score
just wanted a little advice on this please.

where i work there are 5 hair dressers, in the main salon, and i do my beauty / nails there too.
now i paint the girls nails foc now and again and that is completley fine, however, i have recentley got shellac in and they all want there nails done.
one of the girls i have done twice and gave her a discount but she still paid £15 for french shellac on her acrylics.
so yes i know they would be very good advertising for me and they allways tell all the clients about my shellac and they have got me a good few appointments so far too.
most of the clients allready ask them about there nails with just regular polish because they allways good but i want them wearing my shellac too but i just cant afford to do them for free, especially every 2/3 weeks:eek:
so i was thinking about maybe having a set charge for them at maybe £10 for either full colour or french?? or maybe £10 off what ever they have???
it does sound alot though and especially on a regular basis, but they r very good advertising for me, im just not sure what to do,,

please help asap:confused: x

I absolutely take no prisoners when charging shellac for "friends" wether be it the work place or outside of work.You are making a profit for your investement,and you have to insist this from the get go.

It is a pity you have caved in,however you must do this,this may appear ruthless to some but you are in business.

Shellac sells without having to use "discounts"....in fact i hate that word it cheapens the product....i like the word "incentive"...much better usage of the enlish language:)

Do not be disheartened....be a good businesswoman....it will pay dividends in the end:hug:

No matter friend or client. I still charge full price. It's my time and expensive products. Besides, what's paid for is more appreciated!

Nail designer with a twist;)

....i like the word "incentive"...

Now there is an idea :idea:
Why not charge them all full price (or just £5 off) & give them each a card which you stamp everytime one of them referes their hair client to you, then when they get you 3/4/5 new clients be it for Shellac or other treatments they get a "FREE" Shellac manicure - Now that is an incentive for them!
Do you pay/get a discount for your hair?
Most places have some sort of arrangement be it a treatment swap, X amount/ % off each others treatments etc, hope that helps x

Emma's idea is great! I need to try and work this into my business!!!:)

Why not charge them all full price (or just £5 off) & give them each a card which you stamp everytime one of them referes their hair client to you, then when they get you 3/4/5 new clients be it for Shellac or other treatments they get a "FREE" Shellac manicure - Now that is an incentive for them!

I do this with shellac, gelish & minx (in summer on toes) when they refer me 5 clients I do them for free! they cut & colour my hair & cut my bf hair for free all the time! if I rub there back they rub mine & and get me clients to as when I'm busy I can't talk to hair clients about products & treatments so if they are wearing it it's a great help! I wouldn't do acrylics for free though!

tasha

thanx ladies :),

i have had a good read though your comments and thought about it and i am definatley going to stand my ground when it comes to free bees,,, i know that i can be a bit of a push over sometimes and need to just be firm,,
our policy at work is we all get a 50% discount on everything, however i am self employed (but the salon owner buys all stock) except the shellac which i bought but she still seams to think she has a say in what i charge etc,,,:mad: (I DONT!)
and since buying the shellac ( 6 weeks ago) she is constantley telling me that she wants her nails doing but ALLWAYS asks how much i would charge HER:irked:, and i have allways said the same as every1 else:lol:, because i just think its so rude to expect a discount (salon owner or not) so for that reason alone i wont.
however there is one of the girls there and we have became really good friends, and our deal is that i do her bits of waxing (very little) and the odd file and polish and she does my hair ( all out side of work) free of charge, saving me on £50 every 4 weeks pluss the odd blow dries, so we are both very happy, and so i feel awkward in charging her full price to which we have spoke about and she does actually insist on paying full, so then i feel even worse :eek::lol:.
any way the point is that shellac is amasing and every1 should and will be paying me full wack :)

Now there is an idea :idea:
Do you pay/get a discount for your hair?
Most places have some sort of arrangement be it a treatment swap, X amount/ % off each others treatments etc, hope that helps x
I really like this, they are still getting a great deal from you but they have to work a little bit to get it, It's a win win that way.

Latest posts

Back