Cheeky people on facebook

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had another one a few weeks ago were someone put on my wall 'you're lashes are a rip off' and she was bright orange on her pic, so I put 'maybe a professional non orange spray tan would interest you more'

Lol

Oh no, did she answer? Lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I had another one a few weeks ago were someone put on my wall 'you're lashes are a rip off' and she was bright orange on her pic, so I put 'maybe a professional non orange spray tan would interest you more'

Lol

Omg, you are awesome! These are the sort of things I would think in my head but never say out loud.

I have been advertising on there had 6 possible new clients, now down to 3.
One of them said I was ripping people off by charging £25 for a set of gel nails as her friend charges £7 for a full set. Another asking for a spray tan wanting me to do her & her friend for £15 for the two of them . I informed her that would not be possible, to be told "did I not know it was Christmas and some people were finding this time of the year hard" - cheeky!!
The third wanted a spray tan but of her own solution. When i asked what her own solution was her answer was a kit from a chemist. When I said ok but I'll still have to charge you, as I will be driving to you and she wanted it done in my tent - she informed me I was taking the ####!!

All I replied to all of these was - thanks for your enquiry.

Some people do make me laugh, just cause we are mobile does not mean we cut corners. I don't receive the products for free so my treatments will not be free. xx

I have a Facebook group which I update once a week but I have it to secret & only have my clients or friends on there that will generally be interested in my offers. Maybe I'm not getting new clients but I have no rudeness & certainly don't get other therapists putting their business on there! Some people are so rude & always expect something for nothing!! xVx

Gosh, this is terrible - I can't believe some therapists have the audacity to do such a lowly and unprofessional act? Professionally and personally, this is awful behaviour and as customer I wouldn't dream of going to the cheeky undercutters - it's desperate behaviour!

Think it would be a good idea to report any instances of such comments on your group/business pages to Facebook so they are aware of this happening. Perhaps improvements can be made?

In response to customers questioning my prices, I like to explain in detail why I charge what I do - because I care about what I offer them as a customer, I do not cut corners, I buy quality products and yes times are hard, which is why I also need to pay myself wage, cover my overheads and products cost otherwise I would go bankrupt!! £7 for a set of gels? She is working at a loss and will not be able to sustain her business offering treatments that cheap.... whoever they are, they either a trainee/student or if not, they are using 'rough' products and working for free - very silly.

Grr, this is so infuriating - I really feel for you geeks who have experienced this xx

Last edited:
I've had this happen to me too -from a so-called friend of mine! I was absolutely fuming! She wanted an hour massage for £10 so I just calmly explained that £40 was the price, if she wanted a cheaper treatment then £25 was the rate for half an hour.
Hold our heads high people, the people who want a quality service will appreciate they don't come cheap.

Lol-ing at this, my next dr neighbour is also a friend and I do her lashes/tans/nails etc

We were having a chat earlier over a cuppa about something yesterday...

My fb status - "I have one appt left for new year ladies, on wednesday after a cancellation I can fit a set of lashes in or a couple of tans"

New friend added this week comment -"how much r the lashes"

Me "£60 hun"

New fried - "naaaaaaaa I can get them done for a tenner by my best mate"
Further comment "what makes yours so xxxxxx special"

Further comment "your eyelashes are xxxx anyway"

How cheeky is that??

Lol i had the same. The shop in town charges £25. Why are yours 60 and so special. I replied "they are done by me" and i dont get complaints! I use the standard reply of "gosh wonder what cheap products they use to charge that, go there and find out. Let me know how u get on x

Sent from my GT-S5670 using SalonGeek

Last edited by a moderator:
I always say 'let me know how u get on, you have my number should change your mind'

The tango girl never replied. Cheeky mare

Latest posts

Back