Chest Wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SUEM

Reaction score
Hi, I just wondered if any one can give me any tips or guidelines as to pperfecting a chest wax, i have done many back waxes over the years but i have a chest wax booked in this week and ive never has a request for this before and wanted to know if there are any golden rules or is it pretty straightforward? thanks.

As long as you stretch and follow the hair growth you'll be fine. Get your client to stretch for you as well.

Be careful around the nipple area and do smaller sections there.

I'm sure someone with far more experience will tell you loads more but this is what I do.

B xxx

Treat it the same as any other body part. Stretch the skin whilst applying the wax and when removing.
It's easier to do a line right down the centre of the chest if they are particularly hairy.
This will then leave you with 2 sections to do and it will be easier.
Men can get quite spotty after the first few chest waxes so if it's their first wax, apply some savlon after waxing and ask them to bring a clean shirt to change into after to avoid aggrevating any sore skin.
It's best to apply some oil under the wax.
Don't worry too much about the nipple area-it's really not that delicate!

If its really hairy I would trim first, start at the centre and work outwards.

In addition to what's already been said, be methodical.

Maybe start by removing the hair above the collarbone as this grows upwards towards the shoulder and neck. Remove in smaller parts as it can bruise there easily.

Then do a line right down the middle. Then do one side and don't move across until you've finished. If you stick to a system, you'll finish quickly.

Chest waxing can hurt more than any other body part, including intimate waxing, so get readt to apply some soothing gel straight away as it will feel like it's on fire. xxx

Thanks so much for the advice everyone i dont have pre wax oil can i order this on line if so what is the name of the product and how is it used ? xx

I use Perron Rigot, Jasmine Oil. You can always use a tiny tiny amount of baby oil until you buy the proper stuff. xx

Thanks for all the advice the chest wax went really well, i managed to get the jasmine oil in time so that was helpful. To be fair he didnt have a great deal of hair and it was very fine so i think i hit lucky for my first time. Is the jasmine oil beneficial on all body parts or just the more sensitive areas.x

Use the oil for wherever you do waxing. It creates a lipid barrier causing the skin less distress.

I've been roped into doing a chest wax for charity in a week or so at my office. I thought I'd put him off by saying it will be really painful, but since he's our accountant he thinks because of that he'll raise more money and people will pay to see him in pain! what a reason eh!

Anyway, he is really hairy and dark (he showed me a little bit in the office, ohh!) I've read the above but can someone please confirm if I should get him to trim his chest hair beforehand. I was thinking this should make a big difference to the pain side of things and I'll get him to take a couple of pain killers beforehand too.

I've been roped into doing a chest wax for charity in a week or so at my office. I thought I'd put him off by saying it will be really painful, but since he's our accountant he thinks because of that he'll raise more money and people will pay to see him in pain! what a reason eh!

Anyway, he is really hairy and dark (he showed me a little bit in the office, ohh!) I've read the above but can someone please confirm if I should get him to trim his chest hair beforehand. I was thinking this should make a big difference to the pain side of things and I'll get him to take a couple of pain killers beforehand too.

I do several male clients who are very hairy.I would definately suggest trimming the hair prior to waxing.Not because it will make it less painful but because if the hair is too long the wax just ends up in a big conjealed mess making things a lot more difficult to wax,same as intimate areas.

When I do male clients I practically speed wax.This is because they definately do find it more painful(terminal hair)All of them appreciate me speed waxing.The sides of the man(in line with the underarms,straight down) are the most painful.

Try and blend the shoulders in nicely(if very hairy)as it doesn't look very good if they have a definate line.HTH

Thanks for that, that's great advice.

xx

Latest posts

Back