Childish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excuse me for wanting to have a little trust in people
Awwwww hun its nice to be like that, but you'll get older and wiser and a lot more cynical!!!!!! :irked:

I employed three ladies in my business a few years ago. I was a lovely boss who considered my employees friends. The senior member of staff ws stealing from me whilst I was spending extra time at home after having my daughter the takings were down £500 a month and stock ordering was up. The other two knew what was happening, but were too scared to say anything. I know Gigi sounds harsh, but experience makes you like that I'm afraid and I wish I was more like that from the start. You have to protect yourself ant your business harsh, but true.:)

This is so similar to what happened to us! We trusted her as she seemed so organised and great at her job. Shame she was organising a fund of our money! It was the time when the recession was at it worst so she wasn't stupid either, we thought that's what we was being hit by! Funnily enough the recession was still there the year later....along with our takings! We don't seem any less busy but thought that we had been hit hard but we was just being fooled!

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me! :)

This is so similar to what happened to us! We trusted her as she seemed so organised and great at her job. Shame she was organising a fund of our money! It was the time when the recession was at it worst so she wasn't stupid either, we thought that's what we was being hit by! Funnily enough the recession was still there the year later....along with our takings! We don't seem any less busy but thought that we had been hit hard but we was just being fooled!

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me! :)

There are a million stories like this, and it is as I said, why employers take the precautions they do when someone decides to move on to pastures new. Once upon a time most employers started by being nice, friendly, generous, caring etc. Being 'burned' by someone makes you change your attitude pretty sharpish! I was warned by someone in the beginning .. Thought I would be the best boss ever and that it couldn't possibly happen to me :green: The joke was on me. It happens to everyone.

Last edited:
There are a million stories like this, and it is as I said, why employers take the precautions they do when someone decides to move on to pastures new. Once upon a time most employers started by being nice, friendly, generous, caring etc. Being 'burned' by someone makes you change your attitude pretty sharpish! I was warned by someone in the beginning .. Thought IDE the best boss ever and that it couldn't possibly happen to me :green: The joke was on me. It happens to everyone.

Geeg you could hold seminars for all us geeks! You are speaking words of wisdom!
I had the exact same problem with clients being stole, then when I fired the girl I had all these hate comments on facebook, false appointments for up to 2 hours long. Its horrible! Always better being safe not sorry!

Latest posts

Back