Childless rants

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JemmaB

Reaction score
Does anyone find that they are left out of discussions in the salon for not having a child??
Someone I know is going through a hard divorce and its getting really difficult because they have a very young child.
He cheated on her, she wont let the child go on holiday with him or let him have her for more than one day a week, he wont let her go a wedding as it's on his day to have the baby...
So I try and say something about the situation and all I get is... well you cant really say anything if your not a mother yourself!
Ouchhh..

Also surely im not the only 23 year old without a baby!
Alot of clients ask if I have children and when my reply is no I usually get, "ooh dont you want kids?!" As if theres something wrong with me!
God help me if when the time comes to want children I can't even have them..

Maybe im making a mountain out of a mole hill??

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

And when you have kids you still get it :) oh they grow up quick! Are you having another?
I'm a mum to one and my partner of six years gives me the best advice going and has no kids of his own so your friends loss!!!
Maybe she should stop moaning to you if she dose not want it :) xx

People just like to be negative!! Your 23 and don't have kids, I think that's a good thing! Live for yourself whilst you can!

I get this sort of thing all the time. I'm 23 and married, people get shocked I don't have kids, assuming I'm only married because I do.

I also get 'oh your married already? Your not having kids yet are you though, you never know what could happen'
As though my marriage will fall apart.

So it's good to have kids young... But not if your married? Then it's bad?
How am I supposed to know WHEN I want kids? I'll want them when I want them. When it's right for me and hubby. Obviously I've discussed it with him. But I fail to see what that has to do with colleagues or clients.

And those mothers who clearly look down on you, or feel sorry for you for but having children! I feel sorry for them, they all look knackered and have to take their stress out on others lol.

Laura xx

I'm 27 and been married for 2 years, people think I look a lot younger so are shocked when they find out I'm married and then comes the oh so do you have children then and most are surprised that I don't! It's not the only reason people get married like! My husband is the same age as me and he gets asked all the time in his work how many kids does he have now, one Man even said to him one day oh is there something not working with ya! Imagine if we were having trouble, how rude and inconsiderate to say something like that! I feel I have plenty time at 27 so at 23 you definitely have plenty time and I wouldn't even bother giving her my advice if I was you, if she doesn't want to hear it then I'd just leave her to sort her own problems!

Amanda xx

A word of advice to the smug and childless. You have every reason to be. You still have a life. Don't have any children unless you're prepared to give yourself up entirely. (Wish someone had told me that 12 years ago!).

Tell these busybodies that you'd rather have a life thank you very much than a noose around your neck. That should shut them up. :wink2:

Bitter? Who me?

Believe me it gets worse when you have one my baby is 1 now and all I ever asked is when are you having another and when I say I'm ok with 1 they keep saying but it's better to have another now!

A word of advice to the smug and childless. You have every reason to be. You still have a life. Don't have any children unless you're prepared to give yourself up entirely. (Wish someone had told me that 12 years ago!).

Tell these busybodies that you'd rather have a life thank you very much than a noose around your neck. That should shut them up. :wink2:

Bitter? Who me?

Ha ha. . Every other sentence from me is 'I hate kids' ... usually becoming more apparent and frequent when someone tries talking to me about them. ...!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Bitter? Who me?

Haha love this x

Does anyone find that they are left out of discussions in the salon for not having a child??
Someone I know is going through a hard divorce and its getting really difficult because they have a very young child.
He cheated on her, she wont let the child go on holiday with him or let him have her for more than one day a week, he wont let her go a wedding as it's on his day to have the baby...
So I try and say something about the situation and all I get is... well you cant really say anything if your not a mother yourself!
Ouchhh..

Also surely im not the only 23 year old without a baby!
Alot of clients ask if I have children and when my reply is no I usually get, "ooh dont you want kids?!" As if theres something wrong with me!
God help me if when the time comes to want children I can't even have them..

Maybe im making a mountain out of a mole hill??

Jemma you enjoy every minute of your life!!!!

Trust me I spent most of my 20's feeling very left out and inadequate and paranoid I was been discluded from my close circle of school friends as they had all got married and had kids very very young and I didn't even have a boyfriend for most my 20's

I still saw them all on a regular basis and the conversation very much revolved around babies husbands etc and I just sat there unable to join in.I was cabin crew/ inflight beauty therapist at the time for Virgin Atlantic travelling the world and having parties in LA and the Caribbean and when ever I spoke about what I was upto I was generally met with a wall of silence...

At the time I use to feel really hurt and not included and maybe even made jokes I really should settle down,get married etc....

But now I am married in my 30's and considering a baby I can say I look at young girls with no kids and no husbands and listen to what they have been up to and I honestly feel a twinge of envy that they are still young and free so now it's makes sense what must have been going through my friends minds all those years ago...

So you be proud and instead of listening to negative baby talk or hearing boring problems you can relate to you talk about YOU !!!!! And how fabulous you are my girl!!!!

Xxxxx

Jemma you enjoy every minute of your life!!!!

Trust me I spent most of my 20's feeling very left out and inadequate and paranoid I was been discluded from my close circle of school friends as they had all got married and had kids very very young and I didn't even have a boyfriend for most my 20's

I still saw them all on a regular basis and the conversation very much revolved around babies husbands etc and I just sat there unable to join in.I was cabin crew/ inflight beauty therapist at the time for Virgin Atlantic travelling the world and having parties in LA and the Caribbean and when ever I spoke about what I was upto I was generally met with a wall of silence...

At the time I use to feel really hurt and not included and maybe even made jokes I really should settle down,get married etc....

But now I am married in my 30's and considering a baby I can say I look at young girls with no kids and no husbands and listen to what they have been up to and I honestly feel a twinge of envy that they are still young and free so now it's makes sense what must have been going through my friends minds all those years ago...

So you be proud and instead of listening to negative baby talk or hearing boring problems you can relate to you talk about YOU !!!!! And how fabulous you are my girl!!!!

Xxxxx

Aww thats lovely. Your right I should just ignore it and be happy to say im child free and loving it at the minute!!

Married with children, had them at the very start of the relationship, love them more than i could ever explain, i would literally die for them but really wish me and hubby had a holiday, a home and a lot more 'us' time before they came along. Can never get a sitter so still have no 'us' time, i love being a mother and our time will come when they are off leading their own lives. Enjoy time to yourself because once they come along they are your hole world xxx

Im also in my early twenties and its becoming crazy the amount of school friends having babies & getting married etc. I have been with my bf for 4 years & no plans for marraige for years and definately no baby plans! At this age there is an advantage that you can enjoy yourselves together just the two of you for a long time before going down the baby route.

I know Im going to be killed for this bit I find it quite annoying when some people can only talk about their kids and ALWAYS get "oh yeah well for you ya dont have kids to mind" yeah because I choose not to and dont think should be made feel like Im selfish for it!

Maybe I should pop over to the rant thread! Haha

Im also in my early twenties and its becoming crazy the amount of school friends having babies & getting married etc. I have been with my bf for 4 years & no plans for marraige for years and definately no baby plans! At this age there is an advantage that you can enjoy yourselves together just the two of you for a long time before going down the baby route.

I know Im going to be killed for this bit I find it quite annoying when some people can only talk about their kids and ALWAYS get "oh yeah well for you ya dont have kids to mind" yeah because I choose not to and dont think should be made feel like Im selfish for it!

Maybe I should pop over to the rant thread! Haha

Yeah so many of my friends from school are married and having kids its crazy and all I wanna do is get my career going x

I'm 23 and have no kids. I'm the only one on my course who hasn't and it does get a bit frustrating at times because it all anyone talks about. However I am far too selfish to have a child yet, the way I see it this is my time to focus on me and enjoying being young and working towards a great career. Enjoy your life, people will always contradict what ever you say. If you had a child it would be "really? you're so young!". :D

I'm turning 31 this yr and getting married! No children and been with my other half almost 7 yrs!no intention of it just yet and make no apologies for it...happy for those who want to procreate earlier but not for me lol I get told all the time that my biological clock is about to explode but I just ignore!im happy to be free at the min!love long and proser haha

Prosper!!!!! Predictive text lol

Unless you can afford a full time Nanny I don't really see the attraction. :wink2:

Married with children, had them at the very start of the relationship, love them more than i could ever explain, i would literally die for them but really wish me and hubby had a holiday, a home and a lot more 'us' time before they came along. Can never get a sitter so still have no 'us' time, i love being a mother and our time will come when they are off leading their own lives. Enjoy time to yourself because once they come along they are your hole world xxx

I would echo this, couldn't have put it better. I wouldnt swap my son for anything, he is the best thing in my entire life. We are poorer, dont have holidays, have less couple time, are a bit more dull because we have lots of important boring things to worry about and have less of ourselves. Mainly are less spontaneous and selfish and less time for us. Would love that to be different but not at the cost of my son. It doesn't mean I cant have any of those things ever though. I would LOVE those things to be different but my god there are some amazing things to having him that I couldn't sacrifice, so I just say make the most of every minute without kids because whilst my life is infinitely better with my son in it, you cant unhave children and be selfish again and sometimes I really miss that. Well you can but not sure what kind of parent it makes you :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm also 23 and married!
I know for a fact I'm not ready for kids yet, I questioned weather I wanted them at all because my partner is in the military so I'm 3 hours away from family and I would have no help so I though it would be tough when I do have children.
I'm much more relaxed about it now and I haven't put a 'time limit' on myself on when I should be having kids like I used to, when it happens it happens and I will know when it's right. X

I'm also 23 and married!
I know for a fact I'm not ready for kids yet, I questioned weather I wanted them at all because my partner is in the military so I'm 3 hours away from family and I would have no help so I though it would be tough when I do have children.
I'm much more relaxed about it now and I haven't put a 'time limit' on myself on when I should be having kids like I used to, when it happens it happens and I will know when it's right. X

Woop woop shout out to the 23 year old married people! Haha

Laura xx

Latest posts

Back