Childless rants

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Least you have caught the sun :) was that from last week ;) xx

I'm 28 been with my partner for 6years don't have any kids im not planning any just yet, to be honest im not really a children kind of person, but i wont rule it out completely maybe one day the "maternal" instinct will kick in but for now i have a doggy who's my baby :D x

I do get fed up when people ask about having kids. You can be happy with children and you can be happy without. Different strokes for different folks I say.

After my son was born I was asked continuously are you having any more? It's been like that for the last 8 years it drives me mad. One person even said it was criminal leaving our child without a sibling! My cousin also once asked if I was having anymore I said no, she said what has Sam put you off... the cheeky mare and couldn't be further from the truth.

My 2nd bubs is due on the 4th of May if one person dares ask if im having anymore they'll get a swift jook to the neck... with my fist ;)

I never ask if people are having kids or anymore, you never know why they aren't and it's none of my business. My husbands aunt and uncle can't have kids, they now live in Italy after moving from Oz a few years before, and they are so happy with their life.

As said your life can be fulfilling whether you chose to have kids or not.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm 27 see babies and children everywhere I go to the point where I want a baby and I want one now I feel like I want to have the chance to love and give a child a good life. Never before was I like this quite happy going clubbing til early hours spending all my money on me.but weird how it has changed so much now

I do get fed up when people ask about having kids. You can be happy with children and you can be happy without. Different strokes for different folks I say.

After my son was born I was asked continuously are you having any more? It's been like that for the last 8 years it drives me mad. One person even said it was criminal leaving our child without a sibling! My cousin also once asked if I was having anymore I said no, she said what has Sam put you off... the cheeky mare and couldn't be further from the truth.

My 2nd bubs is due on the 4th of May if one person dares ask if im having anymore they'll get a swift jook to the neck... with my fist ;)

I never ask if people are having kids or anymore, you never know why they aren't and it's none of my business. My husbands aunt and uncle can't have kids, they now live in Italy after moving from Oz a few years before, and they are so happy with their life.

That winds me up so much! I have one and no matter what I will not have anymore! Criminal for my daughter to have no siblings??? You what?? She will have friends and I make her share!! She isn't spoilt (can't afford it lol)! And like you it has nothing to do with her that I don't want anymore it's that I hated being pregnant and I simply don't want anymore! What irritates me is when yet continually ask I say no and I'm told il change my mind.......... Apparently people know my mind more than I do! So unless the stork is real I ain't having anymore! Pregnancy was horrific!

Emma-Louise @ALittleLuxury

I'm 28 been with my partner for 6years don't have any kids im not planning any just yet, to be honest im not really a children kind of person, but i wont rule it out completely maybe one day the "maternal" instinct will kick in but for now i have a doggy who's my baby :D x

Stick to the doggy.

My 7 year gap between my two sons was down to hubby being made redundant. when my eldest was 1 year old, he got a job after a year, then we moved house, then I had a miscarriage, then I had the second child. So I had good excuses. I was happy with 1 child, but I wanted another one for the future, if that makes sense. I didn't want to go through the baby stage again, but I wanted the eldest to have a sibling. I know now that desperate biological clock ticking feeling feels like, as I had that before my first, I also had postnatal depression with my second, but as they've got older, it's all soooo much better, and so glad I had them both.

Last edited:
I only wanted one child and was adamant that I wouldn't have anymore, until I spoke to a few people that were only children and they said all they ever wanted was a brother and sister to play with and to share Christmas Day with, they had friends and cousins etc but they always felt like they had missed out by not having a sibling so that changed my mind and I had another child x

I only wanted one child and was adamant that I wouldn't have anymore, until I spoke to a few people that were only children and they said all they ever wanted was a brother and sister to play with and to share Christmas Day with, they had friends and cousins etc but they always felt like they had missed out by not having a sibling so that changed my mind and I had another child x

I was the eldest of 6 and it was no bloody better! I hated it!! Still do, I'm not close with any of my family really! It's me and my girl!! Maybe I'm selfish lol

Emma-Louise @ALittleLuxury

My 7 year gap between my two sons was down to hubby being made redundant. when my eldest was 1 year old, he got a job after a year, then we moved house, then I had a miscarriage, then I had the second child. So I had good excuses. I was happy with 1 child, but I wanted another one for the future, if that makes sense. I didn't want to go through the baby stage again, but I wanted the eldest to have a sibling. I know now that desperate biological clock ticking feeling feels like, as I had that before my first, I also had postnatal depression with my second, but as they've got older, it's all soooo much better, and so glad I had them both.

I always planned on having three! After my son was born at 5 months me and hubby split up, we got back together but didn't live together for two years. We then moved area, bought a house so the natural time to have more was spent building our relationship and moving. Hubby worked a fair distance away, I was really poorly with OCD having been newly diagnosed and had to concentrate on my little family and my health. But I don't have to explain that to everyone who asks. I was happy with my Sammy Sox and got to the point where I never thought it would be any other way.

Im over the moon my Maxi is on the way. Not planned but a huge blessing, how could it not be. It's been tough mentally due to my OCD but worth it :) xxx ♡

I always planned on having three! After my son was born at 5 months me and hubby split up, we got back together but didn't live together for two years. We then moved area, bought a house so the natural time to have more was spent building our relationship and moving. Hubby worked a fair distance away, I was really poorly with OCD having been newly diagnosed and had to concentrate on my little family and my health. But I don't have to explain that to everyone who asks. I was happy with my Sammy Sox and got to the point where I never thought it would be any other way.

Im over the moon my Maxi is on the way. Not planned but a huge blessing, how could it not be. It's been tough mentally due to my OCD but worth it :) xxx ♡

Happyfeet, please forgive me if you feel my question is too personal for you to answer..... how does OCD affect your life? And how does OCD come about?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Happyfeet, please forgive me if you feel my question is too personal for you to answer..... how does OCD affect your life? And how does OCD come about?

It can effect it in so many different ways (eeek I don't want to clog up this thread) but it's basically (for me anyway as it manifests itself differently in different people) an anxiety type disorder. I spend a lot of time planning for every eventuality to try and avoid a situation I 'think' may happen. Your brain literally cannot switch off. You worry, you obsessively think about things and you compulsively do things. Checking, re checking. You spend a lot of time avoiding situations you feel may exacerbate your condition. I freak out over numbers, medical situations (the reason why im having a home birth), post, litter and the list goes on. It's not rational but the chemical imbalance in your brain when in an ocd fog can't differentiate between your normal thoughts and irrational thoughts at times. With anxiety you can trigger depression and vice versa. Ocd is almost like failure to let something go.

Ocd is still very much an unknown quantity even for the medical profession.

Most people experience a trigger. Everyone has a tendency to perhaps be a bit superstitious and do things almost ritual based without even realising it. But if something triggers that's when ocd can develop. Mine was triggered by looking after my son on my own. Irrational thoughts entirely, but I used to lay in bed physically paralysed worrying who would care for him if I was gone.

Ocd effects a lot of people that strive for perfection. It's not that you have a weak mind, in fact it's the opposite. You put pressure on yourself to be all things at all times, which is impossible we're only humans.

I don't think I've explained it too well, it's a strange old illness. I'll never understand it. For now I have my good and bad days. I manage what I can and I'm learning there's not an answer for everything. Some things just are. I didn't want any more babies largely because of my ocd- my ocd has got a lot worse during pregnancy- im in situations I have spent the last few years avoiding at all costs- mainly doctor and hospital visits. Hospital literally makes my skin crawl.

Not long left now though and bubs will be here. I can cope with all the situations, my anxiety tells me I can't, but I can and have. Bubs wasn't planned so I didn't chose to put myself in my 'worst nightmare' situation- however when forced I've done it. Will I do it again, fook no! I've told him, you want to come near me again you best wrap your whole self in cling film ;) xxx

It can effect it in so many different ways (eeek I don't want to clog up this thread) but it's basically (for me anyway as it manifests itself differently in different people) an anxiety type disorder. I spend a lot of time planning for every eventuality to try and avoid a situation I 'think' may happen. Your brain literally cannot switch off. You worry, you obsessively think about things and you compulsively do things. Checking, re checking. You spend a lot of time avoiding situations you feel may exacerbate your condition. I freak out over numbers, medical situations (the reason why im having a home birth), post, litter and the list goes on. It's not rational but the chemical imbalance in your brain when in an ocd fog can't differentiate between your normal thoughts and irrational thoughts at times. With anxiety you can trigger depression and vice versa.

Ocd is still very much an unknown quantity even for the medical profession.

Most people experience a trigger. Everyone has a tendency to perhaps be a bit superstitious and do things almost ritual based without even realising it. But if something triggers that's when ocd can develop. Mine was triggered by looking after my son on my own. Irrational thoughts entirely, but I used to lay in bed physically paralysed worrying who would care for him if I was gone.

Ocd effects a lot of people that strive for perfection. It's not that you have a weak mind, in fact it's the opposite. You put pressure on yourself to be all things at all times, which is impossible we're only humans.

I don't think I've explained it too well, it's a strange old illness. I'll never understand it. For now I have my good and bad days. I manage what I can and I'm learning there's not an answer for everything. Some things just are. I didn't want any more babies largely because of my ocd- my ocd has got a lot worse during pregnancy im in situations I have spent the last few years avoiding at all costs- mainly doctor and hospital visits. Hospital literally makes my skin crawl.

Not long left now though and bubs will be here. I can cope with all the situations, my anxiety tells me I can't, I can and have. X

Thank you happyfeet, that was a really interesting read, thank you for sharing. I know little about the subject. .OCD is generally documented in a lot of cases as a tenancy to spend 24 hours a day cleaning but there is far more to it than that. Xx

Thank you happyfeet, that was a really interesting read, thank you for sharing. I know little about the subject. .OCD is generally documented in a lot of cases as a tenancy to spend 24 hours a day cleaning but there is far more to it than that. Xx

No problem :) yeah that's the frustration people assume its cleaning. In my case it's not that. But if you read between the lines, the underlying symptoms and rituals are the same- just not the physical action iykwim.

This seemed to turn into a conversation about kids.. defeats the object perhaps?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Eeek sorry OP x

Same reason I had a second. My mum was an only child and was so lonely. She made me promise to never have sn only child if i could possible help it. She went on to have 5 children. I don't know what I'd do without my brothers. 3 of them have 2 children just like me and one has remained single. He has the best life!

I'm one of the people that don't want children. I'm an only child so I know if my mum wants to be a grandmother she only has me to rely on. I see people my age (25) with 2/3 children and think er...no I'd rather not. Yes I am selfish I like holidays and nice things. Does that make me a bad person?

The only way I think at the moment I'd ever consider children is by adoption when I'm in my middle 30s, there are so many beautiful children without a living home why not take on one if those?

I have a customer that always bangs on about her boss who is a 'career bitch' now that REALLY offends me because I know I fall into that category. I want my business to be so successful I want everyone to know my name and I want to make a lot of money, does that make me a bitch?

That's for each person to decide xx

Latest posts

Back