Childless rants

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think it makes you a bitch at all. Everyone is different and wants different things from life. Don't get me wrong I love my work & I want to be successful but I love my daughter and her needs come first for me.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm one of the people that don't want children. I'm an only child so I know if my mum wants to be a grandmother she only has me to rely on. I see people my age (25) with 2/3 children and think er...no I'd rather not. Yes I am selfish I like holidays and nice things. Does that make me a bad person?

The only way I think at the moment I'd ever consider children is by adoption when I'm in my middle 30s, there are so many beautiful children without a living home why not take on one if those?

I have a customer that always bangs on about her boss who is a 'career bitch' now that REALLY offends me because I know I fall into that category. I want my business to be so successful I want everyone to know my name and I want to make a lot of money, does that make me a bitch?

That's for each person to decide xx

No.

Adoption is one of the most selfless acts one can ever do!

There's no reason why anyone should have kids if they don't want to. It's not as though the human race is dying out, the population is thriving beyond what it should anyway! Each to their own! It takes all sorts of people to make the world go round x

I'm also 23, and have been married for two years, people always assume I have children also but I don't. All my friends have children and I am excluded from get together and parties because I have No children. I am not really ever wanting to have children and this my personal choice, but I always get there "gosh you are so selfish! How can you not have children, stop thinking about your self for a change!l" yes I guess because I like to work on my career and business and love a good sleep in, I am selfish and inconsiderate of others for not having kids. I just say blah to them and you should too! :) x

I'm 27 and been married for 2 years, people think I look a lot younger so are shocked when they find out I'm married and then comes the oh so do you have children then and most are surprised that I don't! It's not the only reason people get married like! My husband is the same age as me and he gets asked all the time in his work how many kids does he have now, one Man even said to him one day oh is there something not working with ya! Imagine if we were having trouble, how rude and inconsiderate to say something like that! I feel I have plenty time at 27 so at 23 you definitely have plenty time and I wouldn't even bother giving her my advice if I was you, if she doesn't want to hear it then I'd just leave her to sort her own problems!

Amanda xx

I am in exactly same situation as this. Same age, same situation. People seem to think we're weird to be married and not have kids. What's so wrong with wanting to enjoy your youth as a couple? We definitely want kids when we're ready, but it will be for us not for anyone else! x

Folks take no notice of these people. Have kids, don't have kids, it's up to you. Every one is different and enjoy different things out of life. What's selfish is having kids you don't want.

A friend of mine doesn't and will never have kids. She's happily married and loving her life. She has so many differing reasons as to why she doesn't want kids. She couldn't give a monkeys what people say to her. She knows it's the right decision for her and refuses to let other people question that. Xxx

I'm also 23, and have been married for two years, people always assume I have children also but I don't. All my friends have children and I am excluded from get together and parties because I have No children. I am not really ever wanting to have children and this my personal choice, but I always get there "gosh you are so selfish! How can you not have children, stop thinking about your self for a change!l" yes I guess because I like to work on my career and business and love a good sleep in, I am selfish and inconsiderate of others for not having kids. I just say blah to them and you should too! :) x

They're just jealous! I bet they thought having kids would be fun. More fool them. Ha!

I find it weird that people say, how can you not have kids! I do find it odd when people say they have hated having kids because I just cant relate to that... yeah theres downsides but there is too everything and the ups outweigh it to me. But if people dont want to have kids then fair play to them...it DEFO doesnt make you a career bitch! Or selfish! How is it selfish to not have children, what a bizarre mentality. I want all of it, career and my babies...does that make me greedy lol x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have had 6 strokes in the last 10 year's, I had brain surgery 4 weeks ago to stop the strokes. Been with my partner 6 years and already people are saying oh you can get married and have kids now. Im 30 and I spent the last 10 year's being ill! Do I really want pregnancy and sickness and sleepless nights? No I want to recover, get my life back, have holidays, maybe a lovely wedding would be nice, but everyone else is allowed an opinion on it because as they like to tell me my clocks ticking. I do hate going out with my friends when all they talk about is babies I do feel left out, but not enough to change ny mind. That's just not for me. Not yet anyway.

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

I split from my ex when I was 33 & was constantly reminded that my clock was ticking! It drove me mad! But I had my baby at 37 so I would say 30 is still young especially given everything you have been through. Concentrate on yourself and enjoy doing what you want to do and ignore anyone else!

I hate kids.

I love money.

I love spending money.

Money makes me happy.

I am selfish.

.........and shallow.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I hate kids.

I love money.

I love spending money.

Money makes me happy.

I am selfish.

.........and shallow.

Hahaha was wondering when you would comment.
I also do not want kids. Never have. The oh has 2. I like them but their mum is bonkers and after 2 years I'm now banned from seeing them. It's not hurting me, it's hurting the kids.
I like having no kids. I can go out when I want, holiday when I want, spend my money on me, and have quiet time when I want :)
I'm godmother to 2 Greek children and in our religion I'm very important lol so shall just make them look after me when I'm old :) x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Ha ha. I'm home now!

I have a daughter. Who doesn't speak to me! Pointless.

Ha ha. I'm home now!

Welcome back :)
You can just adopt me instead. I'm no trouble ;)

I'm very maternal, and my biological clock ticked like mad, I was desperate to have a child. When it happened it was the toughest experience ever, giving birth and having a baby, but it definitely got better. I agree it's selfish to have kids when you don't want them, why do that ? But some have kids and realize it's not what they wanted, how are they to know that ? But I can't imagine not loving your child.

I'm very maternal, and my biological clock ticked like mad, I was desperate to have a child. When it happened it was the toughest experience ever, giving birth and having a baby, but it definitely got better. I agree it's selfish to have kids when you don't want them, why do that ? But some have kids and realize it's not what they wanted, how are they to know that ? But I can't imagine not loving your child.

If I ever did have one I'm sure I would love it. I'm very good with his tiny terrorists. I've just chosen (partly as I've been told it's unlikely I could carry) not to have them.
If I ever changed my mind I would adopt x

Ha ha. I'm home now!

That's so sad as you sound like you have given her a lot ( from past posts) x

That's so sad as you sound like you have given her a lot ( from past posts) x

Yes you are correct, I have. Probably a little too much. I'm sure things will be ok eventually just giving her some space. I was an arse at 18 as well. Lol.

Yes you are correct, I have. Probably a little too much. I'm sure things will be ok eventually just giving her some space. I was an arse at 18 as well. Lol.

I can still be an ar*e at 33 lol
I could never imagine going a day without speaking to my mum tho. We speak about 15 times every day without fail x

Latest posts

Back