childrens nail art parties? do you do them?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MINKUS

Gel Junkie
Reaction score
And if you do 'how do you make it pay' :green:

I've been collared by one of the mums at school to do a party.

I charged her £5 a head last time, and it was fun....but not profitable !!

So geeks, what do you use and what do you charge?

I could potentially get repeat business and would do more if i could make any money at it !!

I think getting in a shed load of nailtopia stickers or such like would blow the budget.

Any new/fresh ideas???????????????????????? Or do u give kids parties a wide berth?

Glad i found my 'out the door' for this occasion too !!

thanks

amb xx

They can be fun, I'd charge more towards £8 though. I've been making some sheets with designs painted on them and asked the kids to choose, rather then give them free reign with all the stones and everything! Nail topia stickers are definatly not ideal though because of the price, some places do loads of sheets (about 20 I think) for about £7 which would help bring the price down. A search on ebay shows loads!

I do kids parties and love them.
Firstly I tailor the party to the age of birthday girl and what they're wanting, to give you an example of one I did recently it was for an 11 year old girl and I charged £10 per head. I did file, polish and nail art on each child (6 in total which is a good number) then afterwards applied glittery make up to their faces and glitter spray to hair and arms. I also apply a body gem to each (where ever they want it but usually in corner of eye).
At the end of party they all get a goodie bag. Usually in the goodie bag they get 1 x jewellery (usually bracelet), 1 x make up (usually eyeshadow or lip gloss) and 1 x sweet (usually lolly), I also put a voucher in the goodie bags for 20% discount for their parents to use against one of my treatments, this works well as it spreads the word around too. Make each bag different as this works well.
If the children are older I tend to do semi-perm tattoos instead of make up.
With the nail art I have a board of approx 12 nail art designs on (specifically for smaller nails) that they can choose from and this is a lot of fun for them to choose at beginning of party, if any design is chosen at the party more than once I use different colours so each girl looks different. I will try and paste a pic of my nail art board to this so if it doesn't work let me know.
To make it work financially you need min of 5, usually my parties are 5-6 and last for 2 hours. You also need to set a limit to each goody bag and materials used. To be honest if you start buying alot of stickers it'll cost you more than handpainting designs and I find kids prefer the handpainted art instead.
You also need to ask the parent who is organising the party to get permission from each parent for their child to have nail art and make-up applied. I also get the organiser to sign a form I designed at beginning of party to declare she has done this etc to cover my insurance. You also need to check for allergies of children too ie if one child has excema on face I'll adapt make up.
I love doing kids parties because they're the most enthusiastic clients to have. If you stick to your budget too you can earn good money for 2-3 hours work.
Any other questions PM me because I have gone on a little too long now!!!!

PS can't attach image, can anyone help if I e-mailed it to them????

i would LOVE to see pics of simple hand painted stuff yes thanks very much thats just what im after.

Some good ideas for me there already girls !!!

email any pics to [email protected] thanks:green:

Or do u give kids parties a wide berth?

Deffinately ! It's not my cup of tea at all.

The only child i like looking after is my own,and i am not keen on nail art so i leave well alone.

I love what i do because i can transform the appearance of someones hands,but you don't get that with kids and that's where i get my buzz..... no buzz,no go for me i'm affraid .

The only child i like looking after is my own,and i am not keen on nail art so i leave well alone.

I love what i do because i can transform the appearance of someones hands,but you don't get that with kids and that's where i get my buzz..... no buzz,no go for me i'm affraid .

me too but arm was well n truly twisted:)

I've done 2 parties..... only polish, rhinestones and nailtopia stickers for me though! I charged £7 per head and included a goody bag for that. They're ok financially added on top of my normal week but I don't think I could make a living out of doing them!

I do them on request but don't advertise the fact, if you know what I mean!!

sent you e-mail

i would LOVE to see pics of simple hand painted stuff yes thanks very much thats just what im after.

Some good ideas for me there already girls !!!

email any pics to [email protected] thanks:green:

Me too, i have to say!! My own kids are one thing, but being in a room full of other peoples is my idea of hell!!!:lol:

are you mad !!!!!....dont you remember last time ??????

And if you do 'how do you make it pay' :green:

I've been collared by one of the mums at school to do a party.

I charged her £5 a head last time, and it was fun....but not profitable !!

What did you do to make £5 each not profitable?

So geeks, what do you use and what do you charge?

I too charge £5 each, I do a hand painted design, depending on the age will depend on what the design is like. I let them have 1 gem on each hand. I am of course flexible, if the Mum wants more then I will do more for extra pennies.

I could potentially get repeat business and would do more if i could make any money at it !!

I think getting in a shed load of nailtopia stickers or such like would blow the budget.

I agree, IMO there is no need to spend money on stickers. Acrylic painted designs are a better option for me.

Any new/fresh ideas???????????????????????? Or do u give kids parties a wide berth?

Glad i found my 'out the door' for this occasion too !!

thanks

amb xx

I love doing kids parties, and think that it is a fun way to make money xx

Have not done nail parties, but do little ladies manicures in the salon, most of them want their nails done for a special occasion, and once their friends have seen them they want the same. I give them a little party bag too to take away and charge £8. A lots of little girls want pink nails with flicks, goes down a treat and I call them Barbie Nails. xx

I have dabbled and have to say its hard work and we really work for our cash, so I have let my sis-in law take over it and I have just continued with my nail & beauty clients. The last party I did I was slightly hungover (it was a Sunday) and the kids were the absolute worst ever, running off with products opening polishes.
So, I gave it a wide birth. Nice idea, fun and can be rewarding but have defnitely lost interest in it.

We charge £10 a head & they get the choice of 3 things being nails painted with rhinestones etc their face painted/or bratz style make-up a semi perm tattoo or a plait with wash out hair colours. We charge extra for party bags.
The kids really love it.

I have done a few but more for that fact that I like children - I did my neice and her friends. It is not hugely profitable so I wouldn't recommend it unless you enjoy working with kids. I charge £5.95 per child and I give the birthday child a gift. Nail art can really lift a childs spirits - I know this because I do poorly and terminally ill kids nails at a hospital and it really cheers them up.

:hug:

What a lovely idea, can't always be easy to do, but must be well worth it!

I do love Kids nail art parties.I use acrylic paints cos they are drying quiker then other paints.Kids hasn't got patience. as a top coat i use glitter nail varnish some times They love it.But I mostly use Konrad nail stamps,I choose the basic and small designs from the plate.I charge £6 for each child if they want party bags £10 ,minimum10 kids plus,i spent 2 hour max. it is nice profit and a good reputation actualy.

I've only done a couple but charge £12 per head, minimum of 4, I take my friend along and I do the nails using acrylic paints and rhinestones and my friend does the make up, we enjoy doing it and it gets my friend out of the house as she has 4 kids.
We usually work on 30 minutes each child.

I usually charge £10 per kid and min number of 4, i do file polish freehand nail art, transfer tattoos toothgem and small goodie bag with polish bobbles and nail stickers. I would offer manicure's and eyebrow shaping for the slightly older.

could you send me the desighns you do please i am just starting out so this has been an interesting read , really pleased read this article as my leaflets are in publication as we speak

I do kids parties and love them.
Firstly I tailor the party to the age of birthday girl and what they're wanting, to give you an example of one I did recently it was for an 11 year old girl and I charged £10 per head. I did file, polish and nail art on each child (6 in total which is a good number) then afterwards applied glittery make up to their faces and glitter spray to hair and arms. I also apply a body gem to each (where ever they want it but usually in corner of eye).
At the end of party they all get a goodie bag. Usually in the goodie bag they get 1 x jewellery (usually bracelet), 1 x make up (usually eyeshadow or lip gloss) and 1 x sweet (usually lolly), I also put a voucher in the goodie bags for 20% discount for their parents to use against one of my treatments, this works well as it spreads the word around too. Make each bag different as this works well.
If the children are older I tend to do semi-perm tattoos instead of make up.
With the nail art I have a board of approx 12 nail art designs on (specifically for smaller nails) that they can choose from and this is a lot of fun for them to choose at beginning of party, if any design is chosen at the party more than once I use different colours so each girl looks different. I will try and paste a pic of my nail art board to this so if it doesn't work let me know.
To make it work financially you need min of 5, usually my parties are 5-6 and last for 2 hours. You also need to set a limit to each goody bag and materials used. To be honest if you start buying alot of stickers it'll cost you more than handpainting designs and I find kids prefer the handpainted art instead.
You also need to ask the parent who is organising the party to get permission from each parent for their child to have nail art and make-up applied. I also get the organiser to sign a form I designed at beginning of party to declare she has done this etc to cover my insurance. You also need to check for allergies of children too ie if one child has excema on face I'll adapt make up.
I love doing kids parties because they're the most enthusiastic clients to have. If you stick to your budget too you can earn good money for 2-3 hours work.
Any other questions PM me because I have gone on a little too long now!!!!

PS can't attach image, can anyone help if I e-mailed it to them????
Does your party have a structure or do you go with the flow? The thought of trying to entertain more than three, (which is what i have) is scary, i would love to do it but would feel like i had to do tricks or something! Do the children get impatient waiting for there turn?:)

Latest posts

Back