China Glaze

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vicki_20

Reaction score
Hi, i got a few bottles on china glaze when i was in sallys yesterday, im having some problems with it, when i apply the enamle it needs to be applied quite thick to get an even coverage but then takes about 20min to dry even then it seems quite soft and when i touch it, it has left finger prints and dents in it, is it just me or has anyone else experienced the same problems?

Hi......I work In Sally's and sell loads of bottles of China Glaze, no one has come and said there is a problem with it?....I have just purchased 3 bottles myself as they were are on 3 for 2 but havent got round to trying them out yet! I'd be interested to know if anyone else has a problem with it, sorry this aint much help but I like to get feed back on the products we sell....:)...thanks

I bought china glaze white and pink last year....I didnt like it. It took ages to dry, was glubby and runny at the same time!!:eek:hence why I have nearly full bottles left, good for just practicing application on false nails, in my opinion

I have a few china glaze colours and dont have any problems.
I always apply my polish in 2 coats to get good coverage and a nice solid colour, I do a thinner coat first, let it dry for a few mins then go back and do another coat and seal with top coat or thin layer of gel (depends what the client wants)
hth's

You should for a good even coverage apply polish in 4 stages. Firstly give the bottle a good roll between your palms, THEN

Base coat
Colour
2nd layer of colour
Top coat

Allow a few mins between applications and if necesary spray with CND Solar Speed Spray

I have loads of china glaze colours and never had a problem with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've found China Glaze drying much quicker than the other professional brand I use and lasting just as long

I have never had problems with it either, have always found it easy to apply and quick drying. maybe you could try taking it back?

Thanks, ive put soem on myself on monday and already its chipping, im using there base coat polish and top coat but it all chipping at the free edge, ive bought the french manicure colours aswell to do my cousins nails but having doubts about using it now, i dont want her nails to be chipped on her wedding

iev used china glaze before they have some wicked colours but they take so long to dry and like the girl said before even when it is dry it still gets dented and finger prints all over the nail, which is such a shame cause i love their colours:cry:

I use China Glaze and I must say I love it and my clients are happy with it, I apply a base then 2 thin coats of polish followed by a top coat, its best to apply a thin coat let it dry then apply another, you cant expect a thick coat to dry or look as good. I love the range of colours, I have only found problems with one of them, the white I chose for french manicures, I find it too thick in it's consistancy so do actually use OPI for the white.

Thanks, ive put soem on myself on monday and already its chipping, im using there base coat polish and top coat but it all chipping at the free edge, ive bought the french manicure colours aswell to do my cousins nails but having doubts about using it now, i dont want her nails to be chipped on her wedding
are you making sure you cap the free egde properly as this can lead to chipping.
ive got a few of there polishes and i havent had any problems with them,i would also apply my colour in 2 coats,if its applied to thick then polish will take forever to dry.x

Latest posts

Back