Choosing a business name?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phoebe_cat

Reaction score
When choosing a business name, do you think it is important to specify that you will treat feet as well as hands? EG bob smiths nails OR bob smiths fingers n toes etc.? I intend to do all available courses in all the various products ie Brisa, Fabric# etc and also offer natural nail care and pedicure including Spa Pedicure...... Don't want people to think that's it's just hands that I will deal with...... but "fingers n toes" sounds naff to me.

Any names I have come up with don't seem to roll off the tongue with just "nails" they all sound better with "nails & beauty" but I don't intend to offer beauty!?! but it really sounds nicer:confused:

Although I just passed foundation L&P today (yippee) I want to have a name, so any clients I do get identify me with this name, rather than tell people "Oh, some lass called Lisa did them" if you see what I mean.

You see, I pass my foundation n immediately find something else to worry about lol:)

Congratulations first of all !!!!!!

Jmo .... our industry is a profession too you dont need to add + beauty on the end ,you are now a nail tech ,be proud lol xxxxx

Congratulations first of all !!!!!!

Jmo .... our industry is a profession too you dont need to add + beauty on the end ,you are now a nail tech ,be proud lol xxxxx

Sorry if that is how it came across! :hug: You wouldn't believe how proud I am to be a Nail Tech. What I meant was, the way it rolls of the tongue, not the fact that it would sound better if I did do beauty.

I wanted a name for my business to and decides upon one that is not induster related but come with a slogan....

Le'Shell Nails an Beauty
-Excellence as Standard-
This is my name and it took hours of brain storming to get ... maybe try something with your initals or colours or themes you will get there in the end finger N toes is quite funky... you could try:
Fingerz N toez
By liza
That way your trade mark is the z in all your words this helps people recognise you sub-comciously sorry bout speling
But keep at it and if ya need any more help pm me some name ill be happy to have a play around... done marketing an PR ya see ...:) xx

hi leshell,

sorry to be rude on this link to somebody else but would you possibly have a think about a name for a salon for me please. my friend and i are to open a salon for ourselves in 3 weeks time and a t the moment we are really struggling for a name. you know when you jus know that a name is very close and that when you get it you'll know that it's just right, however it's just not materialising so maybe we just need someone elses input.

we thought about chrysallis, thinking beautiful butterflies and all that, the only drawback with that is the fact that people may not like to think of themselves as caterpillars eh?lol. also my friend and i are both called julie and our middle name's ann. any help from anybody would be gratefully appreciated.

yours desperately:idea:

julie
xxxxxxxxxx

sorry to be rude on this link to somebody else but would you possibly have a think about a name for a salon for me please.

Hey get out! I got here first:lol: (only messing hun!)

It's a nightmare isn't it! If everything goes to plan, (fingers crossed) it's a name you're gonna have to live with for a long time. Good luck anyway, hope your creative juices a flowing better than mine, lol!

The Cat's Claws?

Lisa's Lucious nails?

i like fingers and toes. it sounds fun. but if you were to choose this name i think you should use warm colours for the writting because if you use really bright colours it might look a bit dodgy like the place is unprofessional. anyways good luck!!
hope all goes well
Elise xxx

we thought about chrysallis, thinking beautiful butterflies and all that, the only drawback with that is the fact that people may not like to think of themselves as caterpillars eh?lol. also my friend and i are both called julie and our middle name's ann. any help from anybody would be gratefully appreciated.
Couple of names for you -

Jewel-Ann Nails
Jewel-ann-Jewel Nails
JJ's Pretty Fingers

Crysallis Creations
Beauti-fly Nails

Wish I could think of more, but without knowing what you both like or what inspires you I hope these give you some more ideas. May sound sentimental, but I call my wife Jewels as she is called Julia :)

Nail Jewels
'Everything Fabulous for Fingers and Toes'

Nail Jewels
'Everything Fabulous for Fingers and Toes'

Oh I like that, I do wish i had thought of it. I called my business Perfect 10 (with gracious permission of Jo Pearce) had my cards done, printed price lists and then realised there was no way I could put the name on my tunic as I will definitely not see size 10 again, :lol:

Well done for passing :)

I don't think its that important to state you do fingers & toes myself.
When advertsing most people describe what treatments they do in the advert & same with business cards etc.

Also if you ever decide to offer any other treatments in the future ie, waxing spray tan you wouldn't then change your name to Bob Smith Fingers n Toes n Waxing n Spray Tanning ! LOL

My business name is B...Bliss then as a description i include Mobile Beauty Therapy.

So if you called your business Phoebe_cat (just using as example) your description could be Hands & Feet Specalist or something like that. :green:

My business name 'Revive and Repair' is very generic, I started out as a massage therapist so it seemed to fit, although recently I've been feeling like it isn't right. So I'm looking into changing it. I can't decide if I'm going to change it completely to 'Hammer and Nails' (massage and nails) or keep it the same but run the nail bit as a concession sort of thing under a different name a subsidiary (sp) if you will.

I have named my Salon "Paradise Island" after the name of the area in Sri Lanka where we got married last year!

Perhaps you have a special place which you could use?

Good Luck

Venetia

As a consumer I LIKE a business name to have something in it that tells me what the business DOES. I don't agree that it doesn't matter. Just my opinion.

It's got to be Nail Jewels!! It works on so many levels. Jewels (cause there are 2 of you) Gives the feeling of bling. Nail because its nails. Undertones of nail artistry. AND The slogan tells the rest and it looks classy. Sorry, I know it was my idea but it just works .. for me anyway.

Thanx for all your replies guys! You've been great, once again!:hug:

I'm gonna try a couple of the ones I like for a day or so in my head n see if I get sick of them or end up loving them more. Gonna try n make a decision in the next week, so will keep you all posted!

Latest posts

Back