Christmas appointments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I worked Xmas Eve last year - big mistake.

I sell nearly as many gift vouchers on Christmas Eve as I do for the rest if the year so I will be working it as usual. 10-2
I take a 50%deposit for all bookings in the run up to the big day and it works well for me

Last edited:
Im working xmas eve but only 10-2 and that's it not doing any extra days, fue extra late nights in Dec, only working sat inbetween and will do a couple of hour on new years eve but im not offering it only if someone asks :)

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

I had 7 clients booked in last year for Christmas Eve and that was me fully booked only 2 showed and they were both just polish ha ha , lesson learnt this year I'm taking it off and can't wait :)

Im reasonably confident that most of mine will turn up as I have only book the reliable ones :)

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Christmas Eve I am working 8-2 as I've always done. Taking 50% deposit for appts between the 10th Dec and 30th. Closed 25/26, 31th dec to 3rd jan....no working on Sundays. I don't want to burn myself out :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As usual I am working 8-6 Friday/Saturday then Monday and Xmas Eve until 2.00. I say every year I won't do it, but do. I secretly love working Xmas eve. But now my kids are working themselves I do not fret as much! X

Having read this I've taken down my appointments for Xmas eve! Can't wait to get all excited my littlest girls!!

After reading this im taking the day off and not going to feel guilty , christmas eve is my 30th and I love to spend the day with my family x x

Great advice, I also don't work on Christmas Eve. Being self employed has many perks, as working in salon meant I had no choice!

This Christmas will my my first year being self employed! For the last 6 years I have worked either Xmas eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day or all 3!
The memory of working in Selfridges on Boxing Day still brings me out in a cold sweat!
I'm working in my beauty room down south until 20th then back up north where I'm from, as I have bookings up there for make up and nails until 23rd.
Screw working Xmas eve.. Do last minute shopping, drink mulled wine, watch Christmas movies, paint your OWN nails and enjoy time with your families :) x

I don't work Christmas Eve, it's my favourite day ever! All the prep and going to church for carols and a sneaky trip to the pub after.

A couple of years ago I had a call from someone asking if I could do 5 sets of nails before Christmas and the only day I had left was Christmas Eve so I did it, we couldn't turn the money away! That was a one off!

This year is very tricky, as baby is due on the 19th December. I'm still booking the week before Christmas as if baby is late I will be furious that I've missed my Christmas trade! All the clients booking are my lovely loyal ones who all know that I may have to let them down at the last minute if I go into labour. Some will book elsewhere just in case, but that's fine, they've been given the choice!

So I don't really know what hours I will be working over Christmas until it happens! But I'm not working January :0)

Up until 3 years ago I worked Christmas Eve and told myself my last appointment would be at 12pm but by the time I finished that one I was fit for nothing and so it was a complete waste of a day. Then if Christmas dinner was at mine I would be exhausted that day too and we always have people here on Boxing Day, then back to work straight after but I felt guilty turning the money down!

I mentioned to my husband that I was so tired and he just said "Well dont do it then!" how simple, why hadnt I thought of that LOL. So now I never work Christmas Eve however, I do a couple of days between New Year just to tied people over, its I lucky as my boys are older so dont "need" me.

No one has ever complained and they've all been really positive and understanding.
Karaxxx

I read this last year, decided to take heed, I took the day off and doing the same again this year.
I have two young children and it is the best decision i made last year and from now on- yes, christmas is great money-wise but no amount of money can buy back the time I would loose watching my boys get excited.
Now I'm far wealthier then that couple of clients I would see could ever make me :Love:

Read this last year, this year I am taking the advice, no Christmas eve working for meeee!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I work until 1pm on Christmas Eve BUT I take the whole week off after. From 25th until January 2nd :D

Like most I have worked Xmas eve but not this year ;-))) xxx spending with my very excited already 4 year old and family xxx

I worked last Christmas eve only half day and only had a clients that I knew they couldn't come other day because the were too busy. This year I hope not to work on Christmas eve at all

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back