Christmas thank you voucher for clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EMMA AT ELITE

Reaction score

Hi All,

Just after some advice please.

I would like to give my clients a discount voucher as a "Happy christmas, thanks for your custom" thing, for them to use in Jan/Feb.

I was going to print some postcards from vistaprint, do you think this would be ok or should I print proper cards?

I am not sure what to do as a discount,
Do you think its best to offer 20% off treatments, or £5 off when you spend over £10? or a different amount :irked:
Do you have any other suggestions?

Any advice would be great?

Love Emma x:hug:x (omg 8 weeks til christmas)

Carl from Verveprint are doing some Christmas theme vouchers, have a look at his site.

I think that's a great idea!

Hi,

I am thinking of doing this too, such a good idea to get customers in Jan & Feb! I'm thinking of doing 20% off.. but I know its hard to decide isn't it. In my experience, I have found that money sometimes works better e.g. £5 off rather than 10%. So I'm still not sure either.. Maybe a free treatment with something else... Maybe free cut with colour or free file & polish with cut & blow....

Laura X

I think offering a money value voucher is better than a % discount because your basically giving them "cash" which implies it is not a discount.

The idea behind your voucher is to say thank you by offering them a gift voucher.

If you were to offer 20% off treatments, it doesn't give the same impression, clients won't feel that this is a gift but rather a discount offer.

How about using regular christmas card + envelope, hand written to make it personal (silver/gold pens). Put in the envelope your gift voucher certificate. And for special clients maybe some samples?

I did this last year but im working it out and I think it will be cheaper for me to give them a little gift, I would only give to my regulars and they will be here come jan/feb anyway.....so im thinking all this money off wont really work for me from a business point of view.....

I'm going to do this....offer £5 off full price treatments over £10 in January. Was just planning on giving them to people who had treatments in Dec but now i'm thinking the idea of sending them to good clients is a better idea. Suppose makes them feel special and hopefully they'll tell their friends too :)

I am also planning to do this for all my clients. Going to go with £5 off in Jan. Not thought about the vouchers yet though so should get my finger out xx

It depends what your objective is really:

-if you want to drum up business then a % discount would probably be better.

-but if you want to butter up your clients they'd probably prefer money off vouchers.

Hope that helps

Im doing this too, but having it cover dec, jan and feb to try and get loads of my older customers interested again.
I am going for the money off option as opposed to a discount as I also think this grabs peoples attention more.
I also agree with a written christmas card, much more persoanl and I think will be received with more pleasure than a printed voucher.
hth's

Hi,excuse my ignorance :rolleyes:.Where are you all printing your money off vouchers from?

Hi,excuse my ignorance :rolleyes:.Where are you all printing your money off vouchers from?

I have mine designed by Carl from Verveprint, he is good!! my clients always comment on them.

hth
Sue x

Hi ya
I've just recently started a home based salon and I thought of doing a 20% off for jan and feb and using Vista print business cards because it's small enough to put in a xmas card. I'm giving it to everyone thats been to me recently and for everyone thats comes in Dec.
I'm doing it to say thank for there support and to drum up business.
The salon I previously worked it I said about doing this as normally we gave regaular clients a diary which is boring and we had a really good response last year and as jan and feb goes a bit quiet it drums in business.

Last year I did £5 off treatments, minimum spend £10.

This year I'm going to try something different to fill the hours. IT is 2 of the following treatments for £20.

Mini mani
Mini pedi
last tint & brow shape
back massage
mini facial
full body scrub

They can choose any 2 treatments, to be taken at the same time for £20. I'm also hoping that people will be impressed and tell their friends too!! I always send out a recommend a friend card at Christmas time too.

I have done this before, printed off little vouchers on my computer. Gave a free conditioning treatment with any cbd in January, or a free eyebrow shape with any facial in Jan. Worked quite well

I am thinking of putting a voucher in with christmas cards this year...do you think its better to have a minimum spend of £10 or £20??

xx

I usually give my best clients the small treatments they usually never go for, like eye lash tint or shape, file and polish, mini mani or pedi, skin consultation. It doesn't take me long to do it, but for them it is a real gift from me.It makes them feel special. I think % off doesn't do the same trick.

Latest posts

Back