CIBTAC electrolysis training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynne Baker

Lynne The Skin!
Reaction score
I'm looking to train in this in the new year and wondered if anyone here has completed this with CIBTAC.
I did a CIBTAC aromatherapy course a few years ago and it was hellishly intensive, eye wateringly expensive, but absolutely brilliant.
I'm an RGN by profession so I'm used to having to learn a lot but wanted to hear other people's experiences of the course. I also wanted to know if there is a such a thing as past papers with them and if they're worthwhile learning from.
I want to do well with this, and eventually become a member of the BIAE. Am I going to struggle intellectually?!
Thanks awfully!

I started the CIBTAC Electrolysis a few years back but I was at the beginning of pregnancy at the time so didn't continue with it, I think you will be absolutely fine. I didn't finish the electrolysis but have taken the CIBTAC Body Therapy and Beauty Aesthetics. I know it is a great qualification, especially if eventually you want to go into advanced procedures such as skin tag removal etc.

If you mean past exam papers, I did a search a few years back and found a place that sold past papers. Not sure if they were a legit site though. Recently did ITEC Reflexology and found a load of past papers people had posted on Healthy Pages.

Hope that helps a little.

Hello Lynne
I wonder if it would be worth contacting the BIAE to see which exam boards they would recommend if any? Although perhaps they have to remain impartial... although they would presumably have details of colleges where you could train.
I qualified years ago with City and Guilds which has now been replaced with NVQ.
The girls who have come to work at my salon over the past ten years or so all seem to have done NVQ level 3 in Electrolysis and to my way of thinking I don't consider they have had nearly enough time doing the practical side of electrolysis. I'm sure I had to have something like 300 hours practical before I could even sit the examination, but its very different now. So definitely look into CIBTAC.
I'm sure the theory would be a breeze for you. I found it fascinating and extremely interesting when I was learning. I have always found electrolysis a very rewarding treatment to carry out.
Good luck!
Cathy

I did the CIBTAC course about 12 years ago.

From what I can remember it was very thorough, lasting a year. We got loads of practical time as it was such a long course. We were doing it alongside the Aestheticienne course, so some of the theory overlapped, but I do remember having to learn the endocrine system in a huge amount of detail.

I do actually still have my notes, so if you want to have a look at them I'm not too far away from you. There are some past papers and some progress check questions in there too.

Lynne, I did the CIBTAC Electrolysis a few years ago. The course material is excellent, my practical training was poor. I put this down to the school I was with.

My suggestion to you is to get in contact with Rita Roberts and ask for a recommendation for training.

I think its a great idea for you to train in Electrolysis, it is still very much in demand and there is not enough skilled therapist around.

Thanks for the advice!
I've bought an Apilus Senior II (before the VAT increase), and I'm keen to learn electrolysis, red vein and skin tag removal. I'm an RGN by profession which apparently means I don't have to do all the CIBTAC stated hours (phew!).
I realise that it's a lot of hard work, and I'm scared of failing!
I'm doing the red vein/skin tag removal training with Gill Morris (author of "the encyclopedia of hair removal")
I think this is the most challenging thing I will have done since starting my own business!

Thanks for the advice!
I've bought an Apilus Senior II (before the VAT increase), and I'm keen to learn electrolysis, red vein and skin tag removal. I'm an RGN by profession which apparently means I don't have to do all the CIBTAC stated hours (phew!).
I realise that it's a lot of hard work, and I'm scared of failing!
I'm doing the red vein/skin tag removal training with Gill Morris (author of "the encyclopedia of hair removal")
I think this is the most challenging thing I will have done since starting my own business!

I have an apilus machine too you its the best machine I have bought.

I did my electrolysis training through ITEC, so cant comment on the CIBTAC course, but I would recommend joining the BIAE when you complete the course, as was said before electrolysis is still very much in demand but there does seem to be a lack of skilled therapists.

Yep, I've joined as a student member, with a view to doing the assessment in a year's time.
Are you a member?

Hi Lynne

I studied ITEC and Cibtac Electrolysis last year - i have some past papers/sample questions and the book - I studied in Ireland but its the same course - the theory was no problem to me at all but the practical was where i fell down - our lecturer wasn't the best and there were only 4 of us in the class together - in the end i got 95% in my written exam but only barely passed the practical part - you're more than welcome to the notes I have if you want i can photo cpy and post them to you?

Let me know - I also had to do 10 case studies as part of the course and it was a great way to learn the techniques etc

Hey Lynne I finally got hubby to go to the attic for my college notes so i can post them to you on monday - if you want to pm me your email address i will email all the stuff i have also :)

I recommend doing the ITEC course as it includes the Blend Method

The CIBTAC one I'm doing has galvanic, short wave and blend on it. Can't see the point of not learning all the modes, surely?

The CIBTAC one I'm doing has galvanic, short wave and blend on it. Can't see the point of not learning all the modes, surely?

I would definitley say you should learn all of them. I dont use blend personally anymore but there may be a time i need to use it.

Lynne, I'm not sure exactly of the exact content of the CIBTAC course - but I can escalate your enquiry to examiners if you'd like? I'm sure we can fix up a conversation to reassure your concerns.

PM or mail me,

J x

Latest posts

Back