City of Peace and Glimmer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeni Giles

Reaction score
Enhancements on my Mother, a confirmed picker and very abusive to her nails, whether enhanced or not. I chose city of peace from the metro collection CND and glimmer also CND with retention +. The difference I believe speaks for itself.

Victoria, these are longer, just for you babe!!! My mother isn't much of an outdoor enthusiast!

I've had a good chuckle, but so you all know, YES these are way too long for the client, they were done just for VHunter, hopefully making her chuckle, and soon, ok immediately after taking the pics were shortened to her more "normal" length, still longer than what I wear, or my gloves wouldn't fit:lol:

Attachments

• IMGP0060.jpg
    IMGP0060.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 170
  • IMGP0064.jpg
    IMGP0064.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 193
  • IMGP0067.jpg
    IMGP0067.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 193
  • IMGP0065.jpg
    IMGP0065.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 149
Now THAT'S my length :!:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks luv! hehehehe

Of course, most of my clients have theirs short. Only two have the length that I do:lol:

Love the shimmery colour! Very pretty. A classic french 'updated'.

Ok, can I be really picky? Not like I'm a great judge or anything,... but these are in the critique section:wink2:
(mind you, I should post pics of my own nails tomorrow that I just resculpted. I know where I see all my mistakes.. but I should let someone pick me apart for a change, been a while:lol: )

Ok, here's what I see.
I personally love the length, but most will likely say they're "unbalanced" (I say PHOOEY haha)
The left hand pinky has a lovely deep smile - smilier than the rest, and the middle finger of the same hand has a slightly softer smile. Not as deep. Maybe it's the angle.. but looking at the rest.. the left hand pinky stands out. I like that smile the best. It has higher ears? Is that the way to describe it?
The middle finger of the left hand seems a tad wide? Again, could be the angle of the picture.
The ring finger on the right hand.. there seems to be a shadow before the smile. You mentioned that your mom is a picker. She picks the nails? Could it be she needed a cbm to allow for a higher smile line? (sorry, I do not do cbm and don't know the first thing of how to do them, especially as I don't do L&P) Just hazarding a guess. Again, could be the lighting.
Would have loved another shot from straight above the hands to avoid angles.

I personally would love wearing these. DESPITE that they are white :lol:, the glitter/bling-bling makes them 'modern' for me.
You do better smiles than I do. More consistent. My smiles.. well, you'll see tomorrow. They're coming along I guess LOL
Come and do my hands anytime. I HATE doing my own nails as I can't get them as I'd like and it totally sucks as I love nail art, and can't do it on my right hand:irked: so have to do my left in a way that I know I can imitate on my right... so borrrrrrrrrring LOL Also, my smiles are usually 'drunk' on my right hand:lol:

I have lovely long fingers, great long nailbeds...but... HATE doing my own. Only two of my clients have nice long nailbeds....and I end up doing their nails as I'd like to see my own and I get jealous
:lol:

Ok, that's my two cents.
Have a blast critiquing mine tomorrow, and don't be shy.
"Let me have it" as they say :green:

Jeni - I love the City of Peace and Glimmer - georgous - at the top of my shopping list now.

The transformation is significant - well done. However, from a critique point of view, the sidewalls could be brought in to give a more elongated effect and the length (which seems a bit inconsistent) should be shorter. I find that if a person's nailbeds are damaged, it is better to keep the length on the shorter side. It would have been helpful to have had a side view of the nails as some of them look a bit flat but it is probably the pic. Finally, as Victoria has said, I think your mum is an ideal candidate for a custom blend (something I have yet to get to grips with myself).

Thanks for sharing - I'm off to get City of Peace & Glimmer xx:hug:

Jeni, I think that after seeing the before pictures you have done a fab job :green:

I agree with Chris about the custom blend - and I too haven't got to grips with that - still perfecting the smile lines and then cb will be the next on my agenda!

The length for me is too long - but then I'm not your mum or client so it doesn't matter what my opinion is on that :lol:

The shape/apex on the thumb looks really nice and I will definitely be giving the City of Peace and Glimmer a go :green:

Hi jeni, I love long nails too, but feel these are a little to long for the client and are a little on the wide side and in the barrel picture a couple look a bit thick and bumpy on the free edge, but that could be just the picture, have to agree with chris though a custom blend would have been great on her, bet she was well pleased with them.

love the look , but i agree with the other critique if the whites where shorter they would look really lovely,
i did notice as you look down the barrel of the nails the top hand middle finger, the tip seems to be too small as it doesnt fit side wall to side wall.
hth:hug:

What a transformation! I bet your mum was chuffed to bits. I love long nails!

Teri x:hug:

Which colour is the city of peace?

Definitely a transformation hun.

I love the glitter - really lovely colour.

I'd have to agree with the others, I think they could have been tapered slightly, they look a little wide.

I prefer shorter nails, personally - but, at the end of the day, you have to give the client what they want.

Well done hun. :hug:

Latest posts

Back