Claim back all your Bank Charges!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ooo this is interesting, I want to do this but do you think I can do it when I used my switch card when there was no money and I went over my overdraft limit? I hope so but it was my own silly fault for living beyond my means and being too scared to check my balance.

Have many people had luck with HSBC?

Does your local branch get involved much? I have quite a few friends there so don't want to cause ruptions with them.

p.s well done all of you

I don't think it matter how the charges were incurred, just the fact that they were charged at an unreasonable rate.

Once you have decided exactly how much you are going to claim from your bank I think I'm right in saying that all correspondance is then through your local branch. Although I have to say I'm sure that they get so many of these claims now that they certainly won't be gossip among the staff.

You ought to check out the Money Saving Expert site they have all the info you need including sample letters for each stage of the process and so far i don't think any bank has not paid up! But do it quick because they have said that an announcement is going to be made next month directing the banks on what they should charge which in turn will mean that the payouts may stop/reduce.

HTH

Just filed my claim Nationwide owe me £988.26 and I want it back! Im also asking for the interest aswell which makes the total £1267.56. Has anyone successfully claimed and won with the interest added on top????

Apperently Nationwide are the worst for claiming back charges, they let it go all the way to court then back out at last minute, then give you 30days notice as they close down your account.

Im not gonna even bother sending the threatening letter to take them to court, Im just going to file my claim online and take it from there, nothing to lose!!!

I think on the Money Saving Expert Forum they advise you to follow the procedure and send the 'Letter Before Action' to your bank as if/when it gets to court you need to show the judge that you have given the bank every opportunity to refund the money before you filed with the County Court.

Good Luck
Jackie

Hi Guys

I calimed my bank charges back from Halifax and got £926 back, hubby has just had £470, so hang on in there its worth perservering.

ness:green:

we have now received the 6 years worth of statements from natwest and total owing to us is £550.00 including interest so thats being sent of tomorrow and still waiting for statements from the halifax.

ill keep ya posted

xx
Hi Guys

I calimed my bank charges back from Halifax and got £926 back, hubby has just had £470, so hang on in there its worth perservering.

ness:green:

I sent the first letter asking for all my charges and I just got a letter back saying they will send them to me bit by bit............I bet this is just to prolong it. Shall I send letter "2" or shall I wait for all the statements?:confused:

I sent the first letter asking for all my charges and I just got a letter back saying they will send them to me bit by bit............I bet this is just to prolong it. Shall I send letter "2" or shall I wait for all the statements?:confused:

If I were you I would refuse this offer and insist that they pay it back in one lump sum. I bet what they are trying to do is to prolong it until the judgement is made in the next few weeks about what they CAN charge so that they can then offer you less.

Check out the Martin Lewis website MoneySavingExpert: Consumer Revenge - Credit Cards, Shopping, Bank Charges, Cheap Flights and more and you should get some really good, up to date advice.

HTH :hug:

Got my reply the other day from nationwide, politely fobbing me off and If I didn't like it to bank elsewhere! Letter 2 is now in the post, threatening court action, Ive stupidly incurred another charge on my account so Ive told them to add that to my total aswell, plus interest ofcourse.

From the looks of things, Im heading towards filing with moneyclaim and getting a new bank elsewhere, IOm taking this all the way.

Pickle, I would decline this offer and politely state that if you were the one who owed your bank money they would not accept it in dribs and drabs, they'd want the whole lot upfront, looks like banks are trying to stall alot of their customers.

Ok forgive me for sounding greedy, but today I received an offer from HSBC for £1784 against my claim for £2780 (inc interest). Shall I accept their offer and just run with the money or try and get the £1000 more.

What would you guys do?

Ok forgive me for sounding greedy, but today I received an offer from HSBC for £1784 against my claim for £2780 (inc interest). Shall I accept their offer and just run with the money or try and get the £1000 more.

What would you guys do?

I would write to your bank and accept this as a part payment, inform them that you want the rest and if they refuse take it all the way hun :wink2: .

Put it this way if you owed your bank £2000 they wouldnt accept £1000 off you and nothing else said, your not being greedy, your out to get whats been wrongfully pilferred from you, your money xx

I've decided to accept their offer of £1784 which I am more than pleased to be getting back. It's money I thought was lost anyway!

I strongly recommend anyone thinking about reclaiming to go for it, my friends are asking me to do theirs for them, but it couldn't be more simple to do, its all on martin lewis' website, step by step instructions.

I have successfully claimed from 3 banks and 2 credit cards, and have a few more claims pending which I am in no doubt I will receive the money wrongfully taken from my accounts within the last 6 years.

It means I can now pay off a few debts, get a week abroad that we weren't going to have and a little spending money left over for my girls holiday in New York in November I hope !!

Just had to share this - I received two letters from the Halifax this morning - refunding me all my charges - a total of £4,100 on two accounts.

Yippeee - the drinks are on me. I did my claim through a company - Bank Charge Refunds | Reclaim Bank Charges | Bank Fees- they were great. The process is pretty straightforward but if you';re not confident enough to pursue a claim yourself give them a shout. (not sure if I can recommend a co like this - maybe I'll get my knuckles rapped :0) Apologies in advance if its not allowed.

Michelle

well we have just issued natwest with a court summands which cost £80 see will see what happens now

well we have just issued natwest with a court summands which cost £80 see will see what happens now

how much are you claiming?

I have just sent my LBA to Natwest for £290 over 6 years. They ignored my preliminary letter.

I read that they are just agreeing to claims of less than 1k and sending them out at LBA stage.

Just had to share this - I received two letters from the Halifax this morning - refunding me all my charges - a total of £4,100 on two accounts.

Yippeee - the drinks are on me. I did my claim through a company - Bank Charge Refunds | Reclaim Bank Charges | Bank Fees- they were great. The process is pretty straightforward but if you';re not confident enough to pursue a claim yourself give them a shout. (not sure if I can recommend a co like this - maybe I'll get my knuckles rapped :0) Apologies in advance if its not allowed.

Michelle

It states at the bottom of the home page.............

NO WIN NO FEE

How much exactly did they charge you for winning your bank charges back?

Sorry if i sound rude for asking but if you dont have that much to claim is it worth claiming through them if they make a charge on winning as you could end up with diddly squat at the end lol

NO WIN NO FEE

Sorry if i sound rude for asking but if you dont have that much to claim is it worth claiming through them if they make a charge on winning as you could end up with diddly squat at the end lol

some charge as much as 30%... which is robbery considering all forms are on the website to print out and do yourself... it is fair enough for those who don't have Web access.... but I don't see the point of letting people do this.

hi all
i have just sent off the first letter asking for the charges and included the £10 that they can charge for this , i haven't heard back yet , can`t wait to see how much we have paid out, i might try it on my credit card too as thats all explained on the website aswell, good luck everyone xx

we are claiming £750 back from nat west plus the court cost of £80

letter sent to them today registered post so ill let you know what happens

how much are you claiming?

I have just sent my LBA to Natwest for £290 over 6 years. They ignored my preliminary letter.

I read that they are just agreeing to claims of less than 1k and sending them out at LBA stage.

I have just sent my first letter off with a £10 cheque to Lloyds TSB - watch this space......

I just filed my claim with my local court, with interest and my court fees Im looking at £1500 which will come in very handy, the only annoying thing is that instead of the usual 5 days for the banks to be served the papers, because of the backlog it can take anything upto 14days, well thats the situation in my local court.....very frustrating, hopefully in 4 wks that cash will be in my ar$e pocket where it belongs.

NO WIN NO FEE

Hi - Sorry haven't checked this thread for a while. They charge 20% of your total claim or £100 if its less than £1000. I was happy enough, as I said its not everyone who has the confidence to take it right to the wire and be prepared to go to court.

Michelle

Latest posts

Back