Client behaviour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hbn

Reaction score
This regular client and her 2 daughters has been coming for the last 6 months. The last time I did her infills and she went on Holiday for 6 weeks and came back but her nails still stay on and she want me to infill her but I have to convinced for a full set (she was amaze how they stay on) and at the end she happy with it. So far she was happy with the service so far. I haven't seen her for five weeks and she coming today for an infills on P &W, all her nails looks a bit wongky, she has been filing them but that's Ok. The most annoy was she has put on a layer of Pink acrylic on zone 3 where it grew out on just one finger (index finger) (she used her nail kit at home), I took it off but wasn't happy but didn't tell her but she can feel it. it's took me 1halfhour for finish her infill. Obviously my nail skill are average and acrylic doesn't lift but I don't want my customer left it too long. What shall I do in this situation? In my shop I had a sign recommend that infills between 2 to 3 weeks, they all know that but majority of my customer still left it for 4 to 5 weeks. Also I don't like my customer to use polish over the P&W, because it ruin the looks of P&W(Of course it's there nail they do what they want). Any Advice would appreciate

Now Im not a nail tech but have read from other that post on here that they charge more for infills that have been left longer than the 2-3 weeks recommended, maybe this would encourage the client to have them done more regularly?

I'm confused so she used a kit at home on herself so that she didn't have to come in sooner???????:eek:

NO NO NO NO AND NO!!

She is paying for a service and then undoing all your hard work by infilling them herself? i take it she isn't trained?

If it is taking you longer explain to her why it is and that she is just making your job harder so you'll have to charge more!!

What do you mean you don't like varnish over the p&w as in ruins the french affect i don't understand?

if all her nails were still on the 1st time why did you convince her to have a full set?
surely you could just have reballanced them?
just thought you may have made more work for yourself
but i would def put a stop to her infilling herself and explain that this is making your work harder

if all her nails were still on the 1st time why did you convince her to have a full set?

I have to say, after 6 weeks, I would have insisted on a full set too. After 6 weeks they would have been so out of balance that a rebalance would have been too much work. Unless there was very slow growth I would have insisted on a new set.........

She told me the other day, that she bought her kit on Ebay. She isn't trained.

P&W doesn't need varnish cause it looks nice by itself. But if you put polish on top when you take it off, the surface will lose the smooth/shine.

How much more do you charge for your custom?
She is paying for a service and then undoing all your hard work by infilling them herself? i take it she isn't trained?

If it is taking you longer explain to her why it is and that she is just making your job harder so you'll have to charge more!!

What do you mean you don't like varnish over the p&w as in ruins the french affect i don't understand?

Well i don't ever have this problem so i don't charge by the hour but i know some geeks on here do maybe do a search hun? if it were me i'd charge maybe £20 an hour??

Maybe you should educate her a bit on doing her own nails!! so many people think its so easy to do just because they have benn having their nails done for years!!
tell her she could be doing more damage than good, overfillind over exposure etc

Ever thought of using uv gel top coat, i've benn using it for ages now and my clients love it as when you take the varnish off it stays shiny!! its fab....

If you use Intense Seal or a product similar it is a permanant gloss, so if you apply nail polish over the top and take it off later it is still the same. I have never told a client they should not wear nail polish on top of permanant french.
xxx

The advantage of P&W is that you can wear enamel/s & when removed a permanent french is visible appropriate for most professions.

Adjust your prices accordingly..Let your clients know that on ?/?/07 there will be a restructuring of the service & price menu. Fore warned is fore armed.
A bit of work now & save time & confusion later.

XX J XX

and charge extra to remove any product done at home.

Any time after the recommended appt time ie 2-3 weeks my price went up and my clients knew it...had it on my service menu. If they went past then they paid. Kept them on schedule!:)

Adjust your prices accordingly..Let your clients know that on ?/?/07 there will be a restructuring of the service & price menu.
I agree... If you charge (for example) £5 more per week then your clients will ensure they come for their reblances a lot sooner than 5 or 6 weeks...
The longer they leave it between appointments the more work you have to do and the more product you have to use, not to mention the extra stress on their nails due to them becoming unbalanced because of the extra length and the apex not being in the right place.

If my clients go longer than three weeks without a fill....they are charged for the price of a full set....regardless if they get just want a rebalance.......after 3 weeks ..the amount of time I have to do trying to get them back to normal is just to much......if they are in really bad shape...I charge them for a soak off and a new set!....I have VERY FEW clients who go longer than 3 weeks.....they no better!

omg lol she tired filling them herself:eek:

This is a fair solution. Thanks very much everyone
I agree... If you charge (for example) £5 more per week then your clients will ensure they come for their reblances a lot sooner than 5 or 6 weeks...
The longer they leave it between appointments the more work you have to do and the more product you have to use, not to mention the extra stress on their nails due to them becoming unbalanced because of the extra length and the apex not being in the right place.

I'm amazed she had a go at infilling them herself! :eek: :lol:

Definitely charge her extra for removing her duff work. I think the extra charge for clients who go over 3 weeks is an excellent idea (although I don't do this - yet!) Will consider adding this in at the next review.

Latest posts

Back