Client blaming nail tech for no reason!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get this ALL THE TIME! I always explain a tip is just that. A TIP. And we put them on the tip of the nail. These add extra length. I then put the chosen product over the top. That adds extra strength. Could I be more clear lol?

The amount of people that look sad and dissapointed, as they thought it would cover their whole nail..?
What do they think I just said?!

Laura xx

Haha - I've also had "I want acrylic tips and gel" when I've questioned it they want tips so I've explained as you do and I get the "oh no they are acrylic tips". :banghead:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Was the Acrylic applied rather thick at the cuticle area? I'm just wondering if it was too thick so that there was a big obvious step within that zone when the nails grew up ? If thats the case then I can understand her not being happy with how that looks...

Was the Acrylic applied rather thick at the cuticle area? I'm just wondering if it was too thick so that there was a big obvious step within that zone when the nails grew up ? If thats the case then I can understand her not being happy with how that looks...

Nope it wasn't applied too thick!
The growth wasn't obvious unless you really looked at it :) xx

Had another one today...
She snapped the tip of her natural nail after slamming her hand on a table, which ultimately ruined the shellac on that nail as her actual nail broke.
This obviously was my fault as I must have transported myself to her house and made her hit her nail off the table.
Hehe! Xxx

Had another one today...
She snapped the tip of her natural nail after slamming her hand on a table, which ultimately ruined the shellac on that nail as her actual nail broke.
This obviously was my fault as I must have transported myself to her house and made her hit her nail off the table.
Hehe! Xxx

Of course it's your fault... ;) You should have made her nails invincible & indestructable & FOREVER lasting regardless of what she did to them ;)

Best one I've ever had is the 50 year old rather posh lady who had her first ever leg wax!
"I can't believe I've never done this before, all the money I've wasted on razors when I can just get rid of the hairs forever"
Me - you do realize they will grow back
"But you said it pulls them out at the root, how can they grow back"
Really!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Best one I've ever had is the 50 year old rather posh lady who had her first ever leg wax!
"I can't believe I've never done this before, all the money I've wasted on razors when I can just get rid of the hairs forever"
Really!

shes asking for the wrong treatment ..lol. loving this thread. I followed geegs advice and have them signing the disclaimer for any incidences. only one lady was very reluctant, but signed it in the end.

we need to tell clients to sit for two weeks with thier hands in the air doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING and thier nails must NOT grow, then when you see them again, tell them off for having a life ! lol

Yes. I had a lady once who I had to explain to why she would get regrowth on her hair. She kept saying she thought it just had to be done once and why would it need redone? I had to carefully explain that the hair grows so the roots won't have been coloured yet..After about 20 minutes she said, 'Oh, I thought my hair grew from the bottom.'
Wow.

OH MY!!! Lol x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

This thread has made me chuckle! In a salon I used to work at there was a lady (one of those that thought she was posh but really wasn't) that used to come in every month for file/pol toes. What made me laugh was that she once said to me 'the Polish has shrunk loads this time, I don't understand why'. I had to explain to her that her nails had grown...she still didn't get it! Arghhh some people, definitely another contender for 'not the brightest crayon in the box' haha!

This thread is hilarious!

I've had quite a lot of clients surprised, and shocked, that their natural lashes actually fall out, even highly educated and intelligent women.

It makes me question, as a dizzy blonde, if it's something I might have asked too if I didn't do this job. :/

I had one woman in for a spray tan a few years ago that was mortified that she had to take her clothes off!

I had a lady that came in the other day and expected me to do magic and repair a nail bed that had obviously been caused by severe damage to her matrix (grows constantly with a dip in nail bed and has been that way for.past 3 yrs and shes sick of it) tried to explain i could cover it with products ie acrylic or gel etc but couldnt actually repair the internal damage and she jus wouldnt take that for an answer and very rudely said " i knew i should see a specalist not a dumb beautician ehh this dumb beautician" eh this dumb beautician can work bloody miricals and studied 4 yrs in college including biology and chemistry!!! Bloody ppl that think this industry ia all "barbies" aarrggghh.....

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I love the amount of clients that have a total heart attack when I stick the tips on because of the length of them. Some look panicked until I clip them and then day "phew, I was thinking to myself they are too long" and some out rightly say "ooh no, they are much too long I am afraid, please cut them" then I have to explain. It's so funny bless them, one lady even asked me "can't you just keep the clipping and reuse them for the next one?!" 😄

Really!

Omg lol, I don't know how you stopped yourself from bursting out laughing at that because it would have killed me. :)

I love this thread! It's amazing what people come out with x

This thread is amazing! I'm loving sitting here with my coffee chilling and reading!

I once had a lady who FREAKED when I sculpted her extension to repair a broken nail and shouted "You grew me a nail!!!"

At least she knew nails grow! 😄

Here is a pic for you hair geeks :) sums it up x ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1400001939.647356.jpg

Sent from the catphone

It's a (*delete as appropriate)
nail file/hairbrush/comb/makeup brush.....NOT A MAGIC WAND!! 😉

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back