Client I did over the weekend pic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Profile details mention no training just this....perhaps it needs updating x
Systems
Trying out a range of products at the moment. Still have not found the perfect one for me
Month you started in the industry
April
Year you started in the industry.

I personally don't like the colour...it doesn't look nice with the clients skin tone...i too like the nail art....but the shape hmmm not my thing

Them are some weird looking nail I don't get them at all sorry. :)

No really not nice to look at imo, sorry I just don't like the shape or colour as it looks like a mistake. Really sorry, other people may like them but its just my honest view.

I don't like them at all looks like the nails has been put on wrong, i think you should look at your training again eg do your training with some one else.
Sorry if this offends you
jenny

hmm i have seen these before when i lived in socali, alot of african american ladies had these kind of nail but they looked different like longer and the natural nail wasnt showing underneith it they make special pop can opener for this nail i think you should practice a bit more youll get it ;D

repulsive if i'm perfectly honest. really sorry if i offend you but i'd be ripping if i walked out of a salon with those. acetone soak maybe.... eeek

im sorry but i wanted to ask what is that gold stuff in the little container next to the penny lol

Definitely not my cup of tea, at all. Sorry, but I don't like them although you are meeting the requests and wishes of your clients.

It would be helpful if you could be more specific with your nail training background. I may be wrong, but it looks to me as if, in a few pictures in your album, your nail product is coming in contact with the skin. Big no no in terms of overexposure and product sensitivity.

Also, without adequate and recognized training, you would find it difficult to set up your own business and be properly insured.

ok they are not something I would wear as they look like an entry for the guiness book of records but again this is what your clients like. The colour is interesting and the art is good, see through part where nat nails end and smile line starts is odd can you not use a diff powder?
You need to say who you trained with and get back there as if you learnt to custom blend they would look better. There are many African ladies here in Ireland and yes they like that look AND they also like extended nail beds so custom blending is the way.
The only other problem with your work as usual is professional ethics - you are allowing your client to have an unnatural nail shape that puts stress on the natural nail which could lead to long term nail damage.

who did you train with is the question on everyones lips??????

These are very weird looking nail's?? i just don't get how ya can cope with them and how ya've been taught to do them??????:confused:

Is it Cilla that said "what's it all bout Alphie"?

I think these nails are repulsive if i'm perfectly honest, I am really sorry if i offend you but I just dont get it!! they are not flattering to the hands, but I suppose its each to their own!!

Sue

They're VERY curved over aren't they? TBH i've never seen anything like them before, at least not round here as most people prefer a natural length and shape. I have to say they look very impractical, how could you even do anything with your hands?

Have any of your clients ever commented on the curve?

Should take a sec to check out her other album pics. I have never seen the pinks extended sooooo long before..... Good on you for being unique

http://www.salongeek.com/members/tayviarn-albums-my+nail+art-picture9183-pink-white-extra-long.html

I love the nail art on some of them - the ocean themed one with the shells is fantastic.

I admit that I like unusual nails. Most people like perfectly balanced nails but I like nails that are obviously enhanced and unusual.

At the end of the day it comes down to what the client wants. If you as nails techs were asked to do this would you refuse because they're not what you think enhancements should look like?

I for one love the look. There are several tips that curve down from the free edge. Eagle curve, hawk curve, cleopatra, chiuaua, to name a few. I personally use them on myself and people love them. I will post pics soon.

I for one love the look. There are several tips that curve down from the free edge. Eagle curve, hawk curve, cleopatra, chiuaua, to name a few. I personally use them on myself and people love them. I will post pics soon.

I notice you're from Philadelphia. Is this more the style that is a lot more common in America. When I used to watch Springer etc you'd see loads to African American woman with hugh claw like nails so I'm assuming this is something that is popular with that demographic.

the style is not my cup of tea, but i find it fascinating that different styles are in demand in different places.

Latest posts

Back