Client passed away!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kerence

Reaction score
Hiya i had some sad news this morning one of my clients passed away at the weekend i was due do go an see her today! This is the 1st time this has happened to me and i was really upset this morning now i dont know whether i should go to the funeral or just send some flowers she had been my client for about a yr i used to go to her once a month she was lovley.

Sorry to hear that . That's really sad . You get to know clients really well and if you have been seeing her over a year then you have built a good bond with her . If you are wanting to pay ur respects then you should . That's a real shame . Best wishes and hugs xxxxxx

Sorry to hear your news it must be really hard :( I would say if she's been your client for a year then yes you would have a bond with her and I think it is perfectly acceptable for you to pay your respects. If her friends and family aren't sure who are you, just tell them you were her therapist and I'm sure they'll be touched that you came :hug:

Of course you should! (if you want to) your obviously really upset so you clearly built a bond of friendship not just a client! I think it's lovely that you feel you want to go and pay your respects x

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

Thanks yeah I'm going to go it was just such a shock and I really didn't expect it I knew shed been feeling unwell not sure what happened I'm going to get intouch with her daughter tomorrow xx

Thanks yeah I'm going to go it was just such a shock and I really didn't expect it I knew shed been feeling unwell not sure what happened I'm going to get intouch with her daughter tomorrow xx

Best wishes hope it goes well, I'm sure her daughter will be so greatful x

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

Hi Kerence, I've been in the same situation and have gone to the funeral home. My philosophy is this: you'll never regret GOING to a funeral home to express your condolences but you may someday regret NOT going.

I am sorry for your loss... :hug:

I think her daughter would really appreciate a card/note saying how much you enjoyed knowing her. Flowers are lovely but often these days the family says "no flowers" x

I am sorry to hear about your client.

I have had this situation several times, over the years. I normally send a card to the family and if they approach me to go, I do, but if not, I don't. Some people like family only funerals. It's a great idea to contact her daughter.

Sorry to hear of your loss.

I would definitely send a sympathy card and at least enquire when the funeral is, they may invite you then or say that its family only.

I went to a clients funeral as a mark of respect with a hairdresser friend of mine and the family were touched at how many people who had thought enough of their loved one to attend the funeral.

xx

Hi Kerence, I've been in the same situation and have gone to the funeral home. My philosophy is this: you'll never regret GOING to a funeral home to express your condolences but you may someday regret NOT going.

I am sorry for your loss... :hug:

Very wise words.
Soo sorry for your loss, i havent experienced this, but speak to the daughter and if you want to and feel comfortable going, then by all means go..you built a bond and want to say goodbye as any friend would.
Best wishes hun xx

Latest posts

Back