client self removal revisited!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magsham

Reaction score
So here i am, kids in bed, just given myself a pedi, enjoying my mothers day bubbly and sitting here being really geeky watching my various training dvd's and just watched the section on gel removal on the Bio Sculpture one. Now because we covered this pretty thoroughly on the course have never felt the need to watch it but just have (for the hell of it) and to my shock the following has come up on the screen (and i quote):

'Gel removal kits are available for resale to customers. It is good practice to teach your customers gel removal as a home care routine'

So ladies & gents - what da think about that (like i don't already know!):confused:

Hi,

I came accross a calgel one the other week. I was at a pamper evening and sat next to a lady doing Calgel. It was the first time I'd seen it and we were chatting. Then she showed me this A/Care kit for clients. It includes tips, files, removal, more or less everything you needed. Personally this struck me as being a bit odd for several reasons! Why would you want your client doing her own repairs an removals and not come back to you? And more importantly, would you let your client loose using products they are not trained to use? They may have instructions in the pack, but who's to say they will read them and not just think they can do it because they've watched what you do?! Sorry, I think I am rambling now! Just thought it was a little odd when I saw it! :rolleyes:

Lainy! xxx

Hi,

I came accross a calgel one the other week. I was at a pamper evening and sat next to a lady doing Calgel. It was the first time I'd seen it and we were chatting. Then she showed me this A/Care kit for clients. It includes tips, files, removal, more or less everything you needed. Personally this struck me as being a bit odd for several reasons! Why would you want your client doing her own repairs an removals and not come back to you? And more importantly, would you let your client loose using products they are not trained to use? They may have instructions in the pack, but who's to say they will read them and not just think they can do it because they've watched what you do?! Sorry, I think I am rambling now! Just thought it was a little odd when I saw it! :rolleyes:

Lainy! xxx

No you are not rambling, I totally agree and as the person who sold it to them, when it all goes horribly wrong who do they sue? you or the manufacturer?

Its a difficult one that as a Bio tech I have mixed feelings about.

Yes, on one hand we don't want to encourage clients to remove their own nails....essentially giving them the tools to do our job at home, but Bio Sculpture's argument is that otherwise there will always be clients that will perform the dental removal technique....ie with their teeth! They believe selling these kits will at least prevent some of the more unorthodox methods of removal that clients will otherwise resort to. And I see that point too.

Latest posts

Back