Client supplying own lashes how much do you charge?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopkica

Reaction score
Hey

I have a client who wants to supply her own lashes but me to do them. I normally charge £45 a set how much do you think would be a suitable charge given im not using my own lashes but still my time and skills and glue?

:rolleyes:

xx

i hate it when clients do that i had a client just last week who said my friend bought number 10 from sallys so could you just put it on for me im like arrrggggggg like you even know what a number 10 is lol i think you shouldnt do it much cheaper because if theres a big price difference it will become a regular thing and before you know it shel be bringing her own wax in lol i would only do it for a tenner cheaper and remember shes not only paying for your time shes paying for your skill and you could easily fill her appointment with a normal paying customer who dont bring their own lashes lol x

Stick to your guns & charge her the same - your skill/service is what she require... Anyone can buy a cheap tray of lashes... Be bold and proud of your abilities and stick at your normal price - perhaps you could offer her a 10% discount on her 3 infill appointment if you feel you need to offer her something?

Good luck (am in a bold mood today!!)
Vicki
Xx

Brilliant - thank-you to both! Thats really helped

I know so annoying hey!!! But your right i definately could be filling the time with a normal paying customer.

xxx

Defo charge your usual price.

i hate how clients think that its acceptable to do this also i mean i wouldnt go into a vafe and say hey i brought my own bacon so can you just make it i mean its so cheeky and yes shes going to be annoyed that shes getting charged the same or not much less but fact is we all dont want clients thinking its ok to do its put you in an awkward position xx

I agree. Usual Price. The cost of lashes is fairly minimal anyway.

She is paying for your expertise and experience.

I wouldn't use clients products as you don't know what they are, where they got them from, or of they are up-to the same standard you use.

If they are rubbish quality, and either you cant work with them or they don't last like normal, she will be slating you!

Has she been in yet? x

I wouldn't use clients products as you don't know what they are, where they got them from, or of they are up-to the same standard you use.

If they are rubbish quality, and either you cant work with them or they don't last like normal, she will be slating you!

I agree, I would not use a clients self-purchased products.

As I have moaned on about on a previous thread I think Its up to us to prove that we are trained professionals who are often experts in our field, which means not compromising on our treatments.
Would people go to a restaurant with a steak and ask the chef to cook it and knock a fiver off the bill?
Then why ask us to do a similar thing? How very dare they?!!

why don't you tell her you cant use then as your insurance wont cover you if it isnt your own stock

why don't you tell her you cant use then as your insurance wont cover you if it isnt your own stock

That is excatly what I would say!

I agree with everyone, I hate it when clients say this, I have had this before with strip lashes, but never with individual lashes, what a cheeky request! Also think it is really bad that joe public can buy our individual semi-perm lashes!

Definatly say, (if you havent already done/seen her) you have since spoke to your insurance company & you are not allowed to use any other brands that you have not trained in or cover in.

If you do choose to use her lashes, definatly no cheaper, same price at £45 a set that is REALLY cheap already!

I had a client a few weeks back basically ask for a full leg wax for free or a small extra charge on top of her American wax! :mad:
When she came in, I told her that I was insulted by her message, which made her feel bad! - So maybe just say that! That she has insulted you by asking such a question :biggrin:

Just seen that you are in Romford!
Do you have a website?
Are you salon based or mobile? x

Latest posts

Back