Client wants refund

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claire bear

Reaction score
Ok got in salon this morning and the girls told me a client rang yesterday demanding a refund on her nails as she wasn't happy with the service! She had them done a week ago on Friday ad she has lost four nails and apparently she wanted nail art and only got a plain colour polish... E was told she wouldn't be able to get a refund but we would correct her nails for free she asked cuz she have them redone and a refund!!! She said they just aren't like the xxxx nails she normally has!!! Arrrrgggghhhhh!!!!
Anyway need to ring her back and don't want to get into an argument over not giving her a refund so what should I say x

Last edited by a moderator:
Tell her she needs to come in as you need to look at her nails if she has pulled them off there will be signs of damage on her nails. If she doesn't come in but still wants a refund, refuse!!

What about if I tell her she can have a refund but she will have to come in and il take her nails off!? Either way of she comes in for a free infill losing out anyway x

What about if I tell her she can have a refund but she will have to come in and il take her nails off!? Either way of she comes in for a free infill losing out anyway x

If she comes in & there is damage charge her for replacement if she wants them off charge for removal. If no damage either replace for free or remove the rest for free. If she won't come in she gets nothing!!! Hope it goes ok x

The thing is this woman is argumentative so to be honest I wanna just do the quickest thing get rid of her x

I agree with lucyboo.

But don't commit to anything over the phone... don't tell her you'll give her a refund, just ask her to come in so you can look at her nails.

If she keeps going on about a refund, explain nicely that you can't make any decisions without seeing her nails first.

If she bought a jumper in a shop and rang to say it had ripped a few days after she bought it, she would have to bring it back to the shop wouldn't she, so it's no different in this case.

Don't be worrying about it... people are very brave on the phone, but she'll be fine when you see her face to face. :hug:

As far as I am aware, you are not legally required to give a refund but should offer to put right what is wrong.

I agree with An*gel, she will most likely be nicer face to face.

But I also know how much this sort of thing can wind you up and if it's really really getting to you maybe it's worth refunding and getting rid of her. The trouble is she may then continue to pull the others off and bad mouth acrylics in general for ruining her nails and you in particular.

If you can possibly bring yourself to sit with her while you either repair or remove, do it . . . I wouldn't charge for removal personally, she's already unhappy, and she can sit soaking in a corner of the salon and be largely ignored until it's time to attend to her

Good luck and try not to let it get to you xx

Yes that's how I feel I don't want her in the salon and If she is coming in for anything I would prefer to remove them else she will only Probobly complain about her infill!!! X

Yes that's how I feel I don't want her in the salon and If she is coming in for anything I would prefer to remove them else she will only Probobly complain about her infill!!! X

Maybe that's the best route then for you. Let her take her moaning somewhere else.

We know from the state of the nails when someone is trying it on or not.If you do it for free then she will probably try it on with someone else too. If they have genuinely come off you can rectify it by seeing her & talking to her.

Hope it goes OK - let us know what she says x

If she wasnt happy with the way they initially looked then she should have said there & then. As it is she's worn them (probably done her best to damage them) and expects a refund. Sorry but NO.

She is of the new range of low lifes who think its ok to buy things, damage them & get their money back.

As a good will replace the missing ones but that is it... Theres a thread on here from Gigi on how to deal with these problem customers if I can find it I will post it here....

THIS IS GIGI'S REPLY - I WILL BUMP THE POST I SAVED FOR THIS INFORMATION ..

I think the best thing is just to get this situation overwith .. Short and sweet (if possible).

I am not sure about your level of experience but as she has dealt with you entirely by text then I would do the same or in writing.

Dear x,

I am sorry to hear that your nail extensions did not seem to last for you as well as they do for my other satisfied clients.

I did your nails for you at a reduced rate because you are a friend and I of course paid for all materials and took the usual time doing them. You were very pleased with the results on the day.

Without being given a chance by you to assess you nails or look at them in person, I will have to stick to my usual policy of no refunds.

Just keep it short and absolutely to the point like that and give her no room to come back at you. Basically it's, sorry you trashed your nails, I did you a favour, You are not going to get your money back. Lol

There doesn't have to be bad feeling. You haven't been rude or unreasonable in your response if you write the letter above. The rest is down to her. Just one more point ... If you had given her an aftercare advice sheet that already stated no refunds on it, then you wouldn't have had to write the above letter at all. Always best to just hand them your policy at the beginning.

Latest posts

Back