client wants to sue!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sugar06

Reaction score
ive got a friend who recently cut this womans hair, she had short wavy hair & asked for a bob. my friend said she would put shortish layers through the top, she suggested this as it would be a better style for wavy hair & explained the curly hair shrinks & that she would have to straighten it to achive the style.

the client came back the next day and said she was trying to grow my hair for 18months & its to short. (she had it wavy when she came back to complain) she then said she was going to sue & burst out crying!
my friend offerd a refund, free color and cut, none of which would change the womans mind!!!!

ADVICE NEEDED.......:Scared:
if she wanted to sue, what would happen? is it likely that she will get any where with her claim?
if she were to win, what would happen??

Hair grows back for gods sake!!!!

Her hair may grow back, but her hair is her Crowning Glory and it will take time for that to grow back! You must know that if your hair is a mess, you feel a complete mess no matter what.

Your friend should know what her insurance does/does not cover.

so if she is insured she should be coverd for this kind of thing?

so if she is insured she should be coverd for this kind of thing?
Hi Sugar,I would get your friend to check what her insurance actually covers.

We have all been there when some stupid,scissor happy hairdresser has chopped away,(doing their best impression of Edward Scissor Hands)Well I have anyway.

It's not nice at all,sueing I have never done,firebombing the hairdressing salon,I have been tempted with, after such incidences.:wink2:

Seriously,she probably wont try to sue,like you said hair grows back.Insurances would be forever paying out if we all complained about every single hairdresser who cut too much off.

Tell your mate to check her cover,and not to worry too much,HTH xx:Love:Also tell her to be extra careful in the future,after all our hair is our crowning glory and I for one was devastated when I had the Texas Chainsaw let loose on my hair.

Hi

If she is insured she would be covered, however it would be a very difficult case for the client to prove, as her stylist explained what she was going to do and i assume the client agreed to it.
Usually the only time a hairdresser is sued is if the client can prove negligence on the stylists part, IE leaving bleach on too long.

Not saying its never been done but i haven't heard of being sued for cutting someones hair too short.

Hope you Friend learns to consult her clients more thoroughly before picking up those scissors in the future.

me personally i don't think that the lady as got a leg to stand on as prior to the appointment the cutting style was discussed with her at this point she should of said no i don't want to go short as i am growing it , but because she agreed to it. well what can she do. i hope that the hairdresser as written all this down on a record card, as me not being a hairdresser but a beautician that both of these trades shoulf have a record card with all detals on commments even if they have colour a skin terst should be done and i know for afact this never been done in hairdressers

thanks some good advice, ill giving my friend! personaly i have never heard of some one beeinh sued for this! lol

As your friend has already offered to rectify the problem free of charge the insurance company would try to discourage the client from sueing and the client would have to have recent photos of her hair from front, back and sides before the offending cut took place which is very unlikely

colour a skin terst should be done and i know for afact this never been done in hairdressers

We insist on skin test's and they are recorded on our record cards, your most likely to be not covered if anything should go wrong on your insurance.

If the insurance companies paid out for every time someone had their hair cut too short then they'd be inundated with claims! She's just upset and lashing out in the only way she knows how.

Latest posts

Back