Client With Large Nail Beds

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annenails

Reaction score
HI GUYS JUST WONDERING I HAD A CLIENT YESTERDAY WITH THE LARGEST NAIL BEDS I HAVE EVER SEEN . I DIDN,T HAVE A TIP LARGE ENOUGH FOR HER THUMB :confused: AND MOST OF HER NAILS USED SIZES 1 AND 2 TIPS I HAD TO SCULPT ABOUT 4 OF HER NAILS BECAUSE SHE HAD A SQUASHED NAIL BED THAT HAD A KINK TO ON SIDE. BUT ALL IN ALL I DID A REALLY GOOD JOB. CONSIDERING I HAD ONLY SCULPTED FOR THE 1ST TIME THE DAY BEFORE ON MY SISTER. THE CLIENT WALKED OUT HAPPY . I JUST WANTED TO KNOW HOW MANY OF YOU HAD EVER HAD CLIENTS WITH XXXXLARGE NAIL BEDS ?

the best thing is to sculpt

My fiance's neice has thumbs that are like big toes and the nail beds are really wide yet very short.

I put the biggest tip on I can find and place it right up to one side, then sculpt the other side to reach the edge properly.

It works great and you would hardly notice the difference. But this only works with clear/natural tips, not white ones obviously.

you can get 2 big tips cut of the sides and put the 2 together and make a big one

i have a girl who has large nails and her thumbs are very large i find it easier to sculpt on her.
then the other end of the scale another client has the most tiniest nails i have ever seen, but she is tiny herself

I have a client with average sized nails except her thumb which I have to sculpt it is so wide......and short! It takes everything out of me to try and make that thumb look like all the rest.

i have 1 client like this, her natural nails seem to almost wrap around her finger tips. she's not a large lady though and doesnt have huge hands. she tried other places and they didnt have a clue how to do them because there are no tips that really fit well. she says when she has them done it makes her feel like a lady as she feels her hands are like workmans hands. sadly she cant afford regular treatments, but she always has them for special occasions. its nice to think i can make her feel so much better about her self.

angel fingers said:
i have 1 client like this, her natural nails seem to almost wrap around her finger tips. she's not a large lady though and doesnt have huge hands. she tried other places and they didnt have a clue how to do them because there are no tips that really fit well. she says when she has them done it makes her feel like a lady as she feels her hands are like workmans hands. sadly she cant afford regular treatments, but she always has them for special occasions. its nice to think i can make her feel so much better about her self.

awww...thats so sweet:hug:

Sculpt sculpt sculpt...

If the hole of your form is not large enough, cut 2/3 of one form, cut 2/3 of another form and join them together.

Best regards,

Artsy Canadian said:
I have a client with average sized nails except her thumb which I have to sculpt it is so wide......and short! It takes everything out of me to try and make that thumb look like all the rest.

Sounds like she got what i heard called 'Cello Thumb' (As in the musical instrument pron 'chello'
Is the thumb rather thicker than the rest of her finger, kind of like a different shape alltogether?
I've had a client like this, i tipped her & kept that nail shorter as the nail bed was very wide & very short.

I have sculpted large thumbs before, and cut out the hole in the form to fit the thumbs free edge better.

I have quite a few transsexuals as clients, my best advice is to look for suppliers that have "larger size tips" different companies and styles can vary.
Shop around ....... or sculpt, many of these clients prefer a more curved shape to compensate for the extra width. I have also found reusable aluminium forms with quite large holes in them and use different sized wooden dowels to form the "C" curve.

I was tought,when tipping on large nail beds to cut a v in the well,as i don't /can't sculpt,i found this works best for me .Hth x

If you use forms like CND performance forms then for very wide nails, you can use them sideways instead of the normal way.

thanks bekki I usually only cut a 'v' in the tip if its for a nail bitter i will try it
with the next large fingered client or when she returns in 2 weeks cheers

nailsbydesign said:
If you use forms like CND performance forms then for very wide nails, you can use them sideways instead of the normal way.
wot do you mean sideways where would the well be???

forms not tips dident read propely how do you use them sideways.

kay welch said:
forms not tips dident read propely how do you use them sideways.
When you take the centre piece out of a performance form you have a long oval hole left that the finger goes through...if you turn this form on its side you will still have an oval hole but it will be a wide one NOT a long one, then just put the finger in it as usualy and stick the side together to make a 'c' curve....works really well...this is one of Mandini's ideas. You wont have as long an area to put the product on for a free edge, but it is still long enough...get a form and give it a try. I usually cut the bottom off my performance forms when I use them the conventional way too, where the guide numbers are, so as to make the free edge sculpting area shorter, as I can then tilt my brush down more to get a nice thin free edge and a slightly thicker amount of product at the smile line.

Latest posts

Back