Client yeast infection after Lycon bikini ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

littlekate79

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have had a client say that she got a yeast infection (down below) the day after I did a high bikini wax with So Berry Hot Wax by Lycon. I used the Jasmin before oil also.

She said that she also had it happen 1 time before when she got a wax in Dubai.

Has anyone ever heard of this happen before?

BABSann

Reaction score
I think she must've already had an underlying yeast infection. Waxing does not cause a yeast infection.
Some people do have a reaction to the wax but this is a reaction to waxing, and generally nothing to do with yeast infections.
I would suggest her seeing a GP. Hth

Candystarrstarr

Reaction score
It could be from the fragranced oil, I know if you are prone to yeast infections they say to avoid anything fragranced x

lizzy13

Reaction score
i have never known waxing to cause a yeast infection and i have been waxing clients for over 15 years, i agree and would say she already had it but just bad timing that her symptoms came out the day after her wax!

BABSann

Reaction score
It could be from the fragranced oil, I know if you are prone to yeast infections they say to avoid anything fragranced x
They do say to avoid fragranced products, nylon tights,hot baths etc but the amount of oil used or after wax products really should not cause a yeast infection.

You would have to be really liberal with the use of these products to cause a yeast infection. I seriously think she had it there already and that this was a case of bad timing.

She should get it checked out with her GP to ensure there's nothing else more sinister and to get relevant treatment.

Tinxy

Reaction score
Many things can cause a yeast infection - including btw eating marmite... :)
If she has had one before then she's likely to get them going forward - I had my first one when I was pregnant as your body alters significantly and you are more prone to them. I doubt that a high bikini wax however would cause these problems... even with the oil as the oil shouldn't be going anywhere near that area for a bikini wax?

missymish

Reaction score
I am not a waxing geek so can only go by my personal experience.

Been having hollywoods for years no problems but then changed to a new therapist who used Lycon every time after wards I got a yeast infection, just kept getting it treated and didnt really think about it, I have now gone back to my old therapist who doesn't use Lycon and have not had a yeast infection since!

littlekate79

Reaction score
Thanks so much every one.

I am changing my wax anyway to Perron Rigot but will defo try and be more carful with the jasmin oil.

Can normal grapeseed be used for sensitive clients?

Latest posts