Clients nails after having acrylics on

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vicky09

Reaction score
A client has sent me these photo's of her acrylics shes had them on about 5 weeks now and i infilled them just over a week ago. She messaged me saying that 3 of her nails have gone yellow shes not sure what she has done but she says they do not hurt. I asked if any of them have lifted and if there could be a chance water has got underneath but she says no they havent lifted at all. She said they arent green they are yellow and i was taught in college that fungal infections are green. The client is very heavy on her hands so is it possible that it could be bruising?? im going today to soak the nails off as i advised her this would be best so i can see whats going on under the acrylics. I was thinking of advising her to have shellac on instead of the acrylics until the yellowing (which im hoping is bruising has gone) is this what everyone else would advise??

Attachments

• IMG_7344.jpg
    IMG_7344.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 10,834
  • IMG_0683.jpg
    IMG_0683.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 8,508
If she smokes it could be nicotine? This has happend to afew people I know and it's turned out to just be discolouration from smoking x

I would be very surprised if the colour is from smoking as it is almost orange. In addition to this the op would have noticed the start of the discolouration when she did the infills.

I think soaking them off is without a doubt the best way to go if the colour is coming from the natural nail. It is hard to tell if it is just the product that is yellow. If it is just the product you could get away with filing away the discolouration and re applying products. If the product that has discoloured, it could be that she had been using a product which has reacted, cleaners, bleaches etc.

If the natural nails are bruised, you need to avoid putting anything opaque on them as both yourself and your client needs to be able to see the nails to monitor the healing.

Make sure you charge for your services chick, including removal. Unless you are 100% happy that the fault is your own (which I doubt)

x

Looks like it might be fake tan? See if she applies self tan or has had a spray tan? Try & remove it with a cleansing solution first to see if it comes off x

Looks like it might be fake tan? See if she applies self tan or has had a spray tan? Try & remove it with a cleansing solution first to see if it comes off x

Yep, looks like they have lifted (the nails are too wide in the wrong areas) ... hence the lifting and that's fake tan .... or tumeric, but it is under the acrylic:sad:

thankyou so much for all the reply's.
When i did the clients infills there was no discolouration there what so ever and she had had her full set on for 3 weeks. I will have a better idea once i see her nails in real life as its hard to see via a photo. I've never had this before from a client so i just thought i would ask u lovely ppl on here your advice thats all. I dont think shes a smoker and i dont think its fake tan either as i have a few clients who abuse self tan and their nails never go yellow like this normally bright orange or brown! She did mention to me last time that she had trapped a few of her fingers in her microwave door so im not sure if this is just late bruising that has only just come out. I will try filing off the top layer of the acrylic and see if its still yellow underneath. yes i intend to charge for what ever service i provide her today as i believe this is due to something that i have done. Her sister gets her nails done at the same time and she hasnt had any probloems like this so i know the client isnt blaming me for this either which is good!

Yep, looks like they have lifted (the nails are too wide in the wrong areas) ... hence the lifting and that's fake tan .... or tumeric, but it is under the acrylic:sad:

ok thanks so much for the info nailzoo

I don't think this is bruising, it is to uniform on each nail.

I agree with Nailzoo, it looks like the nails have lifted on the sidewalls and then the client has done something like fake tan, used spices, hair dye or something that ha stained the nail where the lifting is.
You can also see the same discoloration around the regrowth area.

I'm sure once you soak them off and clean them, you will find a lot of this discoloration will be gone.
I'm also sure that once you get this client to really think about what she has done this past week, she will soon realise what she has done to cause the color and your role is to work on getting a better balanced nail and trying to avoid any more lifting.
it could be a prep problem as well as application problem and I would also like to suggest that you look at how you size your tips, as the tips on this client are too big for her nails, hence why they are so wide and not balanced looking.

If you look at the tip of her finger - and the creases in her hand - you can see the same colour also. Definitely looks like staining from some external source. Most likely to be fake tan as it's on her hands, but it could also be turmeric (in curries), safron, etc.

Soaking the nails off would be the way forward, and charge her for it; it's not your fault that they're all stained dayglo. Try to ensure that your prep/application - thoroughly remove all oil/debris from the nail plate and ensure that your product goes nowhere near to the skin, etc - means that there is little/no lifting and this won't happen again.

I'd be careful about be so adamant about charging her, that discoloration is trapped under "lift", it's obvious the acrylic is too thick in certain areas (hence the lift) and you only did them a week ago, sorry, but I know where i'd lay the blame.

Surly if this was surface staining it would show more prominently on the white tip? As this would show up even slight staining.

If you look closely you can see the yellowing is cut off buy the white of the tip.
I think your only option is a removal.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back