Clients: weird/rude things they have said and strange request

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arty*Rox

Reaction score
There used to be a thread on here about the strangest things clients have said to you, or weird requests but I cant find it, so i'll post this here.

A client just phoned me as her dog isn't looking to well, and thought because I had two dogs maybe I could pop over and have a look at her Labrador :eek: she said that she's not feeling well so cant take it to the vets.

Now I have been doing this clients nails for about 9 years now so over that time she feels we have become close and thinks of me as a sister.

I really just don't know what else to add to this post, just that im totally perplexed that one she even called me before picking up the phone to her vets.

I didn't want to ignore her call (which was left as a message) so Ive texted her back saying sorry to hear about her dog but really she should phone her vet if shes worried about it, that maybe the vets could call to her house.

I know our job comes with sometimes being an agony aunt etc....but this?! really...

Has anyone else had strange requests from clients?

Not really strange but very cheeky ... I had a new lash client. I had done her lashes twice an both times she books in at the last minute anyway I had a few missed calls from her one Sunday morning I called back explained my phone was on silent as I had been Baby sitting ... She then asks me if I would baby sit for her !! I was gobsmasked I'd only met her twice and her children were very young 2 and 5months !!! 😳

I have been asked to clip a clients dogs claws 😯

Oh bless, what next though? Labour partner? 😁

I've been asked to put in eye drops

button up coats and tie shoes on children

give a lift home

let dogs in and out (all the time when I was mobile) and answer their door/phone

explain how to use mobile phones etc (handy if the kids are in for that one lol)

cook a cake when a clients oven packed up just before her appt so she brought the cake with her (large tip though and she is lovely)

All fairly run of the mill for your average nail tech lol

And the rudest? Some of you will have heard this before:

Client: I bet as a mum you're a real softie

Me: Well I suppose I am a bit, what makes you say that?

Client: Because you're overweight. If you can't discipline yourself, how can you discipline your children? :eek::rolleyes::evil:

(Have since lost loads of weight and still a "bit" of a softie mum - so there lol)

how funny! ive had a client before that asked me to babysit for her also. I had only done her nails once so odd. That was about a year ago and the radio news came on the other day and a lady with the exact same name and area she came from had been put in jail for wrongly claming childs benifits. I wasn't sure if it was the same lady or not lol but she hasn't been back since she asked about me baby sitting. Weird lol xxxx

oh Blossum I do remember reading that before, I just don't understand the cheek of some people. Thank goodness we don't get many people like that, and once we do we learn from it and show them to the door :eek:

I was chatting to a client once about her boys who had just done their A levels and performed very well. I asked her which universities they were thinking to attend. Then I mentioned I had attended university in the USA. She said aghast, "You, went to University?" :eek: Like ..OMG you do nails and you actually went to University?? I smiled and said, "Yes, didn't you?"

I was asked last week by a client who's friend had been telling her about 50 shades of grey, what are jiggle balls?
I googled a picture for her, she then asked me where she would put them? ( she's in her 70s)
Eeeer maybe ask your friend!
Was very funny

:eek: Like ..OMG you do nails and you actually went to University?? I smiled and said, "Yes, didn't you?"

Geeg this made me giggle, you mean you work in the beauty industry with an I.Q. In treble figures? Impossible :wink2:

Last edited:
I was chatting to a client once about her boys who had just done their A levels and performed very well. I asked her which universities they were thinking to attend. Then I mentioned I had attended university in the USA. She said aghast, "You, went to University?" :eek: Like ..OMG you do nails and you actually went to University?? I smiled and said, "Yes, didn't you?"

I've had someone mention this to me too. (Not a client) We were talking about past work and I mentioned that for the last 5 years I wasn't working (at the time) because I was raising kids and completing a university degree and so she asked me why I would want to do a diploma in nail technology since I already went to school. It doesn't sound all that rude but the way she asked the question was rude and she was being very snide about it. I simply told her that education is lifelong and I strive to be well rounded and I am happy regarding all the decisions I've made. Conversation ended there. Lol.

I remember years ago sitting in a salon having a manicure when I was nursing... this woman came in for her appointment with a bin liner. She asked one of the therapists if they would mind if she put a load of washing in their machine as hers was broken!

They politely declined saying it was commercial grade and only salon laundry can be washed in it lol - I remember the nail tech doing my nails looking up in amazement :)

I still smile when I think of the cheek!

I got asked to pull a clients jeans up once as they were round her backside and I'd just painted her nails lol.

Once I went to a clients house (only met her twice) and did her nails. When I had done she went to find her purse, door bell rang so she handed me a nappy looked at her 2 year old son and said 'would you mind?' lol I just said yes I do sorry I don't feel comfortable doing that. Got my money and left never heard from her again 😳

There are some odd folk about,

I was doing a clients hair last week and mentioned about my son starting his new nursery she looked in shock and said "how old are you? " I said "22"

she replied with "your just a baby yourself how can you look after a child, maybe that's why there are so many children who aren't disciplined properly, when there parents can't raise them properly being too young!"

I was gobsmacked and replied with "well... I think I can look after and discipline my child properly and don't think it matters how old you are, it's not like I'm Still at school" and had to laugh it of.

Honestly how rude can some people be???

Oh dear, iv done some funny things for clients too..... Changing nappies, doing up jeans, feeding babies, answering their phone, ... All quite normal for me.. I really don't mind tho they are nearly all like really good friends :) I also feed the cats of two of my clients when they go away, maybe I'm soft but I really don't mind... Karma will reward me one day :))

Oh dear, iv done some funny things for clients too..... Changing nappies, doing up jeans, feeding babies, answering their phone, ... All quite normal for me.. I really don't mind tho they are nearly all like really good friends :) I also feed the cats of two of my clients when they go away, maybe I'm soft but I really don't mind... Karma will reward me one day :))

Same here. Posting letters is a regular errand for me.

Just remembered an 18 year old was sitting there having her nails done while chatting to her friend about their mates and college and came out with

"Lucy's not very academic is she.....no, I know......she's so not.......i think she's just gonna do beauty"

Er . . . excuse me? Rude! Made my blood boil but I kept my tongue still :/

I wouldnt actually take that as offensive tbh... a lot of people who study beautry are not academic. I know at least half my class would struggle in e.g. a business alevel or something else equally academic :)

I love the look on clients faces when the " what did you do before this" conversations comes up. I used to work for an international IT company..... "Oh wow what a career change" with opened mouths...

Such a change for the better, I never got as excited about a new laptop as I did yesterday when the whole mii makeup range landed on my doorstep :)

I love the look on clients faces when the " what did you do before this" conversations comes up. I used to work for an international IT company..... "Oh wow what a career change" with opened mouths...

Such a change for the better, I never got as excited about a new laptop as I did yesterday when the whole mii makeup range landed on my doorstep :)

Hehe I used to work in IT too and they're always gobsmacked!

Clients making me stop mid appt to give them a lift to the shop!?

Last week whilst doing sp lashes the girl got up off the couch mid treatment, pads still on, to play fight with her brother 😒

Latest posts

Back