Clients: weird/rude things they have said and strange request

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a chap once ask if I did spanking as part of the waxing...

Lynne I burst out laughing at that!! Does he see waxing as a form of sexual punishment? Hope you told him you were fully booked!!

:lol: Tell him you would hit it with a spatula if that helped:wink2:

I work part time at a pub and was talking to a regular who asked what I normally do in the week when not working at the pub, so I said I look after my 2 sons I am at college studying massage and I am building up my nail & tanning business. To be told I was a very selfish person working and being at college and I should stay at home and look after my children.
I might have gone back to work soon after having my youngest he is 11 weeks old. But seems if I stay at home claiming benefits I am a bum and if I go to college and work I am selfish. Us mums can't win. x

One client told me her husband had asked if my baby had been conceived down an alley?! Needless to say as a respectable person I was rather offended by this!

I'm sorry but I think that is the WEIRDEST thing I have ever heard. How bizzare?! :eek:

One I will never forget, announcing I was pregnant (18 weeks) to a rather awful client, & she asked if I was going to have an abortion as who would do her nails for those few months!!!!!

At that point I would have stopped doing what ever I was doing and advised her she wont have to worry about finding somebody to do her nails for those few months, she could start looking for somebody else to do them permenantly from now!! How bloody disgusting to say that to somebody!

I have been asked to answer phones, read and reply to text messages, sign for parcels etc but none of my customers would ever ask me to change a nappy lol as they know how much I dislike kids ha ha.

Most of the time I don't mind helping with the odd thing like parcels as I'd prefer to do that then have them open their eyes and risk moving the gel pads when I'm doing sp lashes but I have one lady who speaks to me as if I'm her servant and gets me to read her text messages and it does my head in, unfortunately I'm too soft to do anything about it :-(

Iv had one regular mobile client ask me to help wallpaper her living room and then on a second occasion ask her to fix her laptop, I helped her on both occasions but neither ended very well!

One I will never forget, announcing I was pregnant (18 weeks) to a rather awful client, & she asked if I was going to have an abortion as who would do her nails for those few months!!!!!

That's disgusting! I would have stopped and left! X

I worked until I was 36 weeks pregnant with my last baby and I had a client on my last day say "you really have put lots of weight on all over haven't you? You do know that now you are older you will never lose it"..I was 26!!! As it was my last day I simply replied "is that what happened to you"?

Also had a male client say "if you don't stop running your hands through my hair then I am going to make a mess of myself"

I used to have a client who had a very wealthy husband big house hair extensions worth £900 eyelashes,tan pretty lady but trying to be far to young husband spent a fortune on her every month.

First time I went to her house she divulged into her private life saying that she was having an affair with a man who was in prison and she just dosnt connect with her husband, he's useless in the sack and makes her feel sick when he touches her and that she's there because he has money and when the boyfriend comes out of prison she's going to leave her husband and kids for him etc.So half way through her nails she asked if she could excuse herself because she needed to do something quick.So she went into the kitchen 10 mins later came back sat down and I carried on.I smelled a really funky smell looked up and I am not s*I*t*ng you she had the biggest, fattest,smelliest joint hanging out of her mouth puffing away on it :eek: she said oh don't mined me I smoke all the time lol I was just gob smacked and thank god I had finished by then before she passed the douche on de left hand side.

Needless to say I was out of there like a penis in speedos.xx

When i was a trainee i had a man lick my arm while i was shampooing his hair, that was rather odd! :eek:
When i was pregnant with my son i had one woman tell me that i had best make her hair look amazing or she was going to punch me in the stomach. It shocks you so much when someone says something like that to you.

I used to have a client who had a very wealthy husband big house hair extensions worth £900 eyelashes,tan pretty lady but trying to be far to young husband spent a fortune on her every month.

First time I went to her house she divulged into her private life saying that she was having an affair with a man who was in prison and she just dosnt connect with her husband, he's useless in the sack and makes her feel sick when he touches her and that she's there because he has money and when the boyfriend comes out of prison she's going to leave her husband and kids for him etc.So half way through her nails she asked if she could excuse herself because she needed to do something quick.So she went into the kitchen 10 mins later came back sat down and I carried on.I smelled a really funky smell looked up and I am not s*I*t*ng you she had the biggest, fattest,smelliest joint hanging out of her mouth puffing away on it :eek: she said oh don't mined me I smoke all the time lol I was just gob smacked and thank god I had finished by then before she passed the douche on de left hand side.

Needless to say I was out of there like a penis in speedos.xx
hahaha coleen i'm so stealing that phrase! i have a few ladies that i cut and colour in their homes for practise(they are delighted to get freebies) and one of them smokes a fat one in her kitchen while her colour takes, my eyes are always bloodshot by the time i get home and i have a primal craving for chunky kitkats...i've been asked to participate in a threesome (this was by a college client!) and just today i was asked how i manage being on my feet all day since i'm so old (i'm 38). this is unrelated but when i was a practice manager one of my dentists called me at 1am to TELL me i HAD to phone Sky because his broadband wasn't working at home, um not in my job remit Mr!and patients thought nothing of coming up to me in shops,pubs etc and ask me to have a look in their mouths there and then:rolleyes: xxx

When i was a trainee i had a man lick my arm while i was shampooing his hair, that was rather odd! :eek:
When i was pregnant with my son i had one woman tell me that i had best make her hair look amazing or she was going to punch me in the stomach. It shocks you so much when someone says something like that to you.
that is horrific!xxx

This is just appalling! I would have armed myself with a hot curling iron and told her to out before she gets even uglier!! Ugh!

One client told me her husband had asked if my baby had been conceived down an alley?! Needless to say as a respectable person I was rather offended by this!

wtf? that's just plain weird!!!!

hahaha coleen i'm so stealing that phrase! i have a few ladies that i cut and colour in their homes for practise(they are delighted to get freebies) and one of them smokes a fat one in her kitchen while her colour takes, my eyes are always bloodshot by the time i get home and i have a primal craving for chunky kitkats...i've been asked to participate in a threesome (this was by a college client!) and just today i was asked how i manage being on my feet all day since i'm so old (i'm 38). this is unrelated but when i was a practice manager one of my dentists called me at 1am to TELL me i HAD to phone Sky because his broadband wasn't working at home, um not in my job remit Mr!and patients thought nothing of coming up to me in shops,pubs etc and ask me to have a look in their mouths there and then:rolleyes: xxx

Getting stoned comes as part of the job, didn't you know???

LOL I'm so shocked she would even do this!!!! So disrespectful! Xx

What sort of sicko is this woman? I'd of poked her eye out with the hairbrush, what did you say? xx

I was chatting to a client once about her boys who had just done their A levels and performed very well. I asked her which universities they were thinking to attend. Then I mentioned I had attended university in the USA. She said aghast, "You, went to University?" :eek: Like ..OMG you do nails and you actually went to University?? I smiled and said, "Yes, didn't you?"

I get people comment that they are shocked how well spoken I am (I didn't realise a nail tech should be unintelligible!) Nothing, however, quite compares to the look on their faces when chatting about past jobs etc, and they find out I'm a qualified Financial Advisor and have also been a Train Driver in the past. After staring agog at me for a moment or two, they normally follow with "So why would you want to do this???". The question should be, why did I let other people opinions matter so much and wait until I'd turned 31 to do this! Couldn't ask for a more amazing job (apart from when I had to wipe one client's granddaughter's bum because she was half way through her shellac service and her granddaughter had gone to the toilet!!) :D xx

What sort of sicko is this woman? I'd of poked her eye out with the hairbrush, what did you say? xx[/QUO

The salon i worked in at the time was very "the client is always right", i could not have let her know how pissed off i was with her :mad:

Latest posts

Back