Clients: weird/rude things they have said and strange request

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live in a RAF community so everyone does errands for every man and his dog! There's a facebook page and there are always questions like who's going to zumba in this place tonight? Can you get this letter off me and post it through this door at this place as I've had it for weeks but can't be bothered or anyone going to the pet shop, I need some xmas prezzies for my lizard but I can't come with you and I can't pay you back. It's like omg!!! Get in your own car and do your own bloody errands you lazy women!!!

Leanne
X

I wouldnt actually take that as offensive tbh... a lot of people who study beautry are not academic. I know at least half my class would struggle in e.g. a business alevel or something else equally academic :)
What is academic? Most people who do not do well at school, don't do well because they're not interested in what they are learning, not because they are not smart or not 'academic'. When they come across something they are interested in, they suddenly become very smart!:wink2: just because one is not academic does not make them less smart .... They would struggle with a business course perhaps because they would be bored out of their brains not because it is harder to grasp.

A proper beauty course would leave many top business men reeling they would find it so difficult. I think my friend Lynne Baker would have more to say about this one. :biggrin: There is beauty, and then there is a real trained. BEAUTY THERAPIST!

Last edited:
Years ago, when tooth fairies were popular, a walk-in client asked me to do a tooth gem. Just about to start consultation and she informed me she hadn't ever cleaned her teeth! She then stated she loves all things beauty and would be really good in the salon, so could I give her a job! Errrr no, no treatment (can you picture the state of the teeth urrggg - revolting) and funnily enough, no job vacancies lol!

What is academic? Most people who do not do well at school, don't do well because they're not interested in what they are learning, not because they are not smart or not 'academic'. When they come across something they are interested in, they suddenly become very smart!:wink2: just because one is not academic does not make them less smart .... They would struggle with a business course perhaps because they would be bored out of their brains not because it is harder to grasp.

A proper beauty course would leave many top business men reeling they would find it so difficult. I think my friend Lynne Baker would have more to say about this one. :biggrin: There is beauty, and then there is a real trained. BEAUTY THERAPIST!

I so agree with this one, I would like to see a top businessman or woman get their heads around the A&P, the health and safety and the daily nitty gritty of Hygeine, customer skills and safe working practices that we take as normal. I have a great respect for all the unappreciated beauty therapists out there that are made to feel worthless because they "only do beauty" even worse for the mobile crowd, that is a double whammy, not only stupid but unable to find a proper job! ( according to people that don't have a clue)

I so agree with this one, I would like to see a top businessman or woman get their heads around the A&P, the health and safety and the daily nitty gritty of Hygeine, customer skills and safe working practices that we take as normal. I have a great respect for all the unappreciated beauty therapists out there that are made to feel worthless because they "only do beauty" even worse for the mobile crowd, that is a double whammy, not only stupid but unable to find a proper job! ( according to people that don't have a clue)

Lol but somehow people love having the stupid and unemployable going to their house and doing potentially dangerous services on them.

Iv had some strange requests while mobile. Can you pop for some milk on your way, before you come can you go to town for x y z for me ?
Erm no! I'm not a delivery service, I don't drive, and it would be an hours round trip to town. I might seem like the tightest person ever but I wouldn't ever change a baby or anything like that. I have helped the older clients with things (one would try and vacuum every time I went there but struggled so I would go over the house while her colour was taking, even then I offered) xoxo

I've been asked to hold/cuddle babies to stop them crying (I do love babies though!!) while nails dry/are in the UV machine.

One client once asked me to pick her up from a local shopping centre...I was at home and she text to say she'd missed her bus. She was not due in for an appointment. I politely declined.

This isn't relating to a client, but I remember in my old career in a bank the lady who worked in the canteen asked the (slightly overweight) girl in front of me if she had a horse, as the canteen lady had heard that she had. When the girl in front replied that she had, the canteen lady said "It must be a big horse to hold your weight"

Rudest thing ever said,

"so why don't you have children? Your husband has a good job an you have a nice home. You really shouldnt wait"
Me "well we want to but we are having some problems getting pregnat"
Client "well try loosing some weight it would be easier. Did you know when your obese you have a harder time getting pregnat"

Pure shock on my end, like im a bit over weight right now but not obese! Even if I was who is she to comment?

I have been asked to do up bra straps, pick a hair outa someones eye. Rides, been asked about my sex life. Haha you name it, its probably happened!

(Oh lady got breast implants a few months ago and grabbed my hand because I just had to feel them!) Lol

I once went to a new client and as soon as she came to the door she apologised to me as she was in the middle of a heated conference call. I asked if she'd rather reschedule and she said no, as long as you can keep quiet. So I set up and we sat down while she shouted down the phone. Once the call finished she apologised again and said she felt so stressed out after the call, she started to explain what the problem was and then she stopped, giggled and said "why am I trying to explain this to you, you couldn't possibly understand" I was so angry but managed to smile and keep calm. We were almost finished and she was really happy with her nails. She asked me how long I'd had my business for and what I did previously. When I told her I was a Business Analyst for Sky TV for 13 years she replied "why the hell did you leave to do this?" my reply was " I was sick of stressful conference calls and flying up and down to London." She laughed and said that she was sorry for assuming I was thick. I couldn't have been more shocked when she said this.

She is now a regular and she laughs about our first encounter, she now very meekly talks about how I have educated her about many of my colleagues who are the very opposite of 'Thick' and she has a new found respect for the industry. Although I still have to bite my tongue at times.

Well said geeg :D

Not really cheeky but asking me to get there purse out of there bag and there money out of there purse ...I haaaate doing that !!!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

Not really cheeky but asking me to get there purse out of there bag and there money out of there purse ...I haaaate doing that !!!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

Just ask them to pay before applying polish. Solves that problem :)

Just ask them to pay before applying polish. Solves that problem :)

some usually make the decision to do that but i hate to sound cheeky, but ive got money out of like 3000 purses in the past year so i think im gonna have to take you up on your advice lol. thanks.
x

When you are willing to learn, the teacher will appear!! I read this once and it's very true xx

One client told me her husband had asked if my baby had been conceived down an alley?! Needless to say as a respectable person I was rather offended by this!

One client told me her husband had asked if my baby had been conceived down an alley?! Needless to say as a respectable person I was rather offended by this!

What?! Why on earth would you ever say that to someone?? How did you respond? x

I said no with my long term boyfriend in the normal way thank you! I wouldn't have minded except I live in a fairly affluent area and was 20!

I said no with my long term boyfriend in the normal way thank you! I wouldn't have minded except I live in a fairly affluent area and was 20!

Why would someone think its acceptable to say this to someone? I'm baffled! People are weird lol ... x

I know! Needless to say I dropped her after that!

One I will never forget, announcing I was pregnant (18 weeks) to a rather awful client, & she asked if I was going to have an abortion as who would do her nails for those few months!!!!!

I know! Needless to say I dropped her after that!

Dropped her? Or drop kicked her?
You wouldn't even ask a chavvy drug addict that the cheeky mare! Xoxo

Latest posts

Back