Clients: weird/rude things they have said and strange request

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What sort of sicko is this woman? I'd of poked her eye out with the hairbrush, what did you say? xx[/QUO

The salon i worked in at the time was very "the client is always right", i could not have let her know how pissed off i was with her :mad:

I wouldn't have cared what my boss said I would have walked away and not done her hair! X

Love this thread all I can say there are some very strange people about lol xxx

I wouldn't have cared what my boss said I would have walked away and not done her hair! X

I understand clients are always right, but EVERYONE has human rights and to be told that would have had me ban them instantly or call the police to attend xoxo

[/QUO The salon i worked in at the time was very "the client is always right"[/QUOTE]

I think this could be taken to a point. When people start talking about other people's children in a negative way, then it's a whole different story.

While pregnant last year with my daughter, I got a lot of -

Customer: So, was it planned?

Me: Yes

Customer: How long were you trying for?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Needless to say I was out of there like a penis in speedos.xx[/QUOTE]

Love this simile! Really made me chuckle xx

Love this thread all I can say there are some very strange people about lol xxx
how true! this is a little off tangent but many moons ago i worked in a discount clothes store and the menswear dept was in the basement and it had a large communal fitting room which was fully mirrored. at the time we were doing a roaring trade on suede waistcoats ( think Marti Pellow from Wet Wet Wet lol), one morning it was my turn in the basement and i was cleaning the mirrors in the fitting when a man (wearing cowboy boots) asked if he could try on a few waistcoats so off he went, came out 10 minutes later and purchased one and off he went as happy as a happy thing on a happy day...i found out why when i went back in the finish cleaning the mirrors...he had left his 'goods' all over a mirror...had nightmares about him standing admiring himself in the mirror with his 'wee man' in his hand wearing nothing but his cowboy boots and a lovely suede waistcoat :Scared:xxx

I used to have a client who had a very wealthy husband big house hair extensions worth £900 eyelashes,tan pretty lady but trying to be far to young husband spent a fortune on her every month.

First time I went to her house she divulged into her private life saying that she was having an affair with a man who was in prison and she just dosnt connect with her husband, he's useless in the sack and makes her feel sick when he touches her and that she's there because he has money and when the boyfriend comes out of prison she's going to leave her husband and kids for him etc.So half way through her nails she asked if she could excuse herself because she needed to do something quick.So she went into the kitchen 10 mins later came back sat down and I carried on.I smelled a really funky smell looked up and I am not s*I*t*ng you she had the biggest, fattest,smelliest joint hanging out of her mouth puffing away on it :eek: she said oh don't mined me I smoke all the time lol I was just gob smacked and thank god I had finished by then before she passed the douche on de left hand side.

Needless to say I was out of there like a penis in speedos.xx

Hahaha i laughed so much at the end of this! Typical, the women who like to think they are so classy turn out to be quite the opposite!

ive been waved down in the street to give a client and her friend a life to the pub one afternoon.
asked if I can just do her eyebrows for £2.50 cos that's all shes got.
ive been told by a friend of mine that it doesn't count cos i don't have a proper job.
Ive been told that I should start trying for children ( non of their business)

reading through these I can see just how rude some people are!

:Scared:
how true! this is a little off tangent but many moons ago i worked in a discount clothes store and the menswear dept was in the basement and it had a large communal fitting room which was fully mirrored. at the time we were doing a roaring trade on suede waistcoats ( think Marti Pellow from Wet Wet Wet lol), one morning it was my turn in the basement and i was cleaning the mirrors in the fitting when a man (wearing cowboy boots) asked if he could try on a few waistcoats so off he went, came out 10 minutes later and purchased one and off he went as happy as a happy thing on a happy day...i found out why when i went back in the finish cleaning the mirrors...he had left his 'goods' all over a mirror...had nightmares about him standing admiring himself in the mirror with his 'wee man' in his hand wearing nothing but his cowboy boots and a lovely suede waistcoat :Scared:xxx

Ewwww thats is horrific!! Poor you having to clean the mirror!! :Scared:

Omg! I've just started in the beauty industry and I'm scared now!! I don't know how I would handle any of these things!! X

I must be lucky, I've never had to deal with anyone too horrific or rude. There was one man who came in and while chatting he asked if I had any kids. I told him I have a 16 year old daughter and he said ooh you can introduce me, that's the age I like them at. I was too shocked at the time to say or do anything but I think he must have realised how I felt from the look on my face because he started to make light of it and make out that he was joking. On hindsight I should have stopped working and thrown him out, and if anything similar ever happened in future I would do that. The man in question hasnt returned since, if he ever does I wont be booking any appointments for him

Oh. My. God. Xx

I must be lucky, I've never had to deal with anyone too horrific or rude. There was one man who came in and while chatting he asked if I had any kids. I told him I have a 16 year old daughter and he said ooh you can introduce me, that's the age I like them at. I was too shocked at the time to say or do anything but I think he must have realised how I felt from the look on my face because he started to make light of it and make out that he was joking. On hindsight I should have stopped working and thrown him out, and if anything similar ever happened in future I would do that. The man in question hasnt returned since, if he ever does I wont be booking any appointments for him

That is seriously weird :-/

Hope you cleaned his "wee man" with the mop and bleach as well
hahaha!i actually saw him in a pub a few years ago hitting on young girls (his chat up lines were as cheesy as i suspect his 'wee man' is) and wouldn't you know, i managed to daintily trip and tip my drink in his lap as i walked past...my oh my, the language that man knew!xxx

When i was a trainee i had a man lick my arm while i was shampooing his hair, that was rather odd! :eek:
When i was pregnant with my son i had one woman tell me that i had best make her hair look amazing or she was going to punch me in the stomach. It shocks you so much when someone says something like that to you.

Humm no matter how nice we have to be and bite our lips I think on this occasion I would have kindly offered to punch her in the face as that would probably be a better improvement than doing her hair lol. Blah, Vile excuse for a human being.
As a therapist I've just had the usual 'can you open my purse and get money, reply to txts, pull my jeans up etc so not too bad...yet! Haha.
When I worked as an estate agent people would often ask if I could drop them off after a viewing at such n such. I kindly declined and explained my insurance wouldn't cover them. People would always come in and say they had seen a house online with another agents and did we know where the other agents were?! (always thought that was a bit cheeky) and for some strange reason we had people comin in and asking us to photo copy stuff for them (they wernt even clients)!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

I have a high maintenance client who frequently tells me random things like "I tried to kill myself at the weekend" and bursts into tears, I have to be emotionally ready when I go!

Back