CND Additives

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hands - 3 x tropix and antique bronze
Feet - cream puff x 2 + yellow and red pigment.
I tried on myself with the yellow at tip of nail, looked a bit like I had a horrible toenail!
Tried with yellow at cuticle on a client...looks much better xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344166202.097550.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344166202.097550.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 765
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344166216.290649.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344166216.290649.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 747
Last edited:
Cocoa & bronze (which I just keep calling gold!!) X

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344186600.004929.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344186600.004929.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 1,082
Additive Effects Nail Art | Facebook
My first attempt at the halo designs, I used the fan brush to do the edges and burnished with the flat brush, I think I need a few more attempts with the black pigment its not so forgiving ...

Wouldn't let me post the pic for some reason so there's a link to it :)

those are beautiful! I haven't quite gotten the hang of the halo nails. hopefully soon though...as I would love to be wearing them right now :)

those are beautiful! I haven't quite gotten the hang of the halo nails. hopefully soon though...as I would love to be wearing them right now :)

The biggest trick to learn to use additives well is to realise how LITTLE you need to use.

The "halo" is probably the most simple design to start with. Many mess it up just because they have way too much of the Bronze additve on the brush. You only need the teeniest bit!!
;)

I went to s2 today & saw a colour pop with blackpool & violet pearl additive, it looked amazing. I have now purchased the violet pearl & pink gold sparkle.
I am exited & will now go on line & order the rest. The sweet shop is lethal for my bank account :)

I went to s2 today & saw a colour pop with blackpool & violet pearl additive, it looked amazing. I have now purchased the violet pearl & pink gold sparkle.
I am exited & will now go on line & order the rest. The sweet shop is lethal for my bank account :)

I used Violet Pearl last night with Purple Purple and I love it! Can't wait to use it with Blackpool too.

As Gigi said, you only need to use the tiniest amount so bear that in mind when using Violet Pearl, use too much and it doesn't look right.

Chloe does beautiful work in the shop .. she has examples of everything!! :lol: Go Chloe. She has done it all. :lol:

I used Violet Pearl last night with Purple Purple and I love it! Can't wait to use it with Blackpool too.

As Gigi said, you only need to use the tiniest amount so bear that in mind when using Violet Pearl, use too much and it doesn't look right.

you must be my shellac twin lol On my fingers Im wearing purple purple with the violet pearl & on my toes blackpool with violet pearl :)

The biggest trick to learn to use additives well is to realise how LITTLE you need to use.

The "halo" is probably the most simple design to start with. Many mess it up just because they have way too much of the Bronze additve on the brush. You only need the teeniest bit!!
;)

Yup I think that's where I went wrong with the black pigment, next time i'll place a little in the lid and take it from there. Does anyone know where I can get the white plastic mixing trays used in the CND video?

you must be my shellac twin lol On my fingers Im wearing purple purple with the violet pearl & on my toes blackpool with violet pearl :)

what is the difference between the two combos??? do you have a pic? x

Yup I think that's where I went wrong with the black pigment, next time i'll place a little in the lid and take it from there. Does anyone know where I can get the white plastic mixing trays used in the CND video?

You do not really need them ... a white bathroom tile and a pallet knife do the job much better IMO when using Brisa gels. But of course if you want them then Sweet Squared is the place to get them along with the empty plastic pots to mix your powders in if you need them.

what is the difference between the two combos??? do you have a pic? x

Give me 10 minutes or so and Ill take a pic of my fingers & toes together and post it on here so you can see xx

You cant really see much difference in this pic but the toes are darker and richer than the fingers x

Attachments

• IMAG0145.jpg
    IMAG0145.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 751
Slightly better pic of violet over blackpool - its on my playing wheel so excuse whats going on either side of it lol x

Attachments

• IMAG0148.jpg
    IMAG0148.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 781
You do not really need them ... a white bathroom tile and a pallet knife do the job much better IMO when using Brisa gels. But of course if you want them then Sweet Squared is the place to get them along with the empty plastic pots to mix your powders in if you need them.

I tried a tile but last time it was a tad embarrassing as I put my whole arm in it lol and ruined my tunic! I'm looking for them now on sweet squared but cant find them, could you point me in the right direction? Or what are they called so I can put it into the search :)

Having just tryed the barry m dazzle dust mica powder with no affects i have no choice but to purchase the additives even tho i was determined i was not going to be flowen up in the cnd hype:rolleyes::rolleyes::smack::mad:

Ive bought violet pearl & pink gold shimmer too, they open up even more possibilities for layering!!! Ive not had much of a chance to play yet :-( but have made a gorgeous lilac with purple purple, negligee & violet pearl! So shimmery too :)

Sent from my X10i using SalonGeek

Got this from a local art shop....it's perfect and only £1.50

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344274561.368165.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344274561.368165.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 619
Having just tryed the barry m dazzle dust mica powder with no affects i have no choice but to purchase the additives even tho i was determined i was not going to be flowen up in the cnd hype:rolleyes::rolleyes::smack::mad:

Why would you be determined not to purchase something from a well known company that has been tested & approved for nail use and that has lots of excellent feedback from happy techs? :lol:

Got this from a local art shop....it's perfect and only £1.50

Aha that would do the job, forgot about craft shops, although I think I have something like that in my fridge, my eggs are in it at the moment lol x

Latest posts

Back