CND Additives

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've done two different sets of nails where the additive faded in just a couple of days ?? I doubled top coated. I'm having better luck on a set I put on myself by mixing the additive into Mani q soft gel then applying. It's just been the last two sets I've done. I've been successful before.:grr: welcome all advice.

how strange...did you really scrub it in?x

Some rock royalty with gold sparkle additive

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359562701.675193.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359562701.675193.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 1,748
I use the glitters and glitter additives like there is no tomorrow but my normal additives just sit in the box feeling sorry for themselves.....

I really must have a play with them as some of these designs look fabulous :)

how strange...did you really scrub it in?x

I may have scrubbed too hard and I'm pretty sure I used too much.

What do we reckon Geeks, would this be more effective using additives or sponging?

I'm not too familiar with either to be honest. Just starting to do more and more nail art and thought I'd best familiarise myself with them both!

Attachments

• 20091_464002250327977_1205920460_n.jpg
    20091_464002250327977_1205920460_n.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 1,391
What do we reckon Geeks, would this be more effective using additives or sponging?

I'm not too familiar with either to be honest. Just starting to do more and more nail art and thought I'd best familiarise myself with them both!

I think this is airbrushed to be honest. X

I think this is airbrushed to be honest. X

Do you mean airbrushed as in photoshopped or is that a technique?

I think its real, it was posted by a lady who claimed to have created in on a Facebook Nail Fan page (I know that probably doesn't mean anything actually!)

I think its real, it was posted by a lady who claimed to have created in on a Facebook Nail Fan page (I know that probably doesn't mean anything actually!)

Airbrushed as in using an airbrush and paint to create it. You can also create it by sponging. I use make up sponges that i cut up into small pieces and sponge my polish, gel polish our acrylic paint onto the nail. I use tweezers to pick up the pieces.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek

I've had a play ...

I used CND additives and Mica powders

From left to right

Shellac Azure wish with Cerulean blue CND additive
Shellac Limeade with Mica powder in Lemon lollipop
Shellac Lilac longing with Mica powder Grape crush and Haute pink CND additive
Shellac Cake Pop with Haute pink CND additive
Shellac Lobster Roll with Mica powder Tango Baby
Shellac Rubble with Black CND additive

I get all my Mica powders from a supplier called 'The colour shack' on ebay

Attachments

• shellac ombre.jpg
    shellac ombre.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 5,174
Airbrushed as in using an airbrush and paint to create it. You can also create it by sponging. I use make up sponges that i cut up into small pieces and sponge my polish, gel polish our acrylic paint onto the nail. I use tweezers to pick up the pieces.

Thankyou :)

I have yet to try sponging. When you do so using Shellac you you apply both colours almost merge them before curing or do you apply one, cure, then sponge on the rest?

Thankou

I've had a play ...

I used CND additives and Mica powders

From left to right

Shellac Azure wish with Cerulean blue CND additive
Shellac Limeade with Mica powder in Lemon lollipop
Shellac Lilac longing with Mica powder Grape crush and Haute pink CND additive
Shellac Cake Pop with Haute pink CND additive
Shellac Lobster Roll with Mica powder Tango Baby
Shellac Rubble with Black CND additive

I get all my Mica powders from a supplier called 'The colour shack' on ebay

Well, The colorpops with CND Additives, i could see them.
Mica powder Lemon lollipop, i took for CND yellow additive
And tango baby, i took for a mixture of CND additive red & yellow.
These are very nice, how do you get the gradation so smooth?

Well, The colorpops with CND Additives, i could see them.
Mica powder Lemon lollipop, i took for CND yellow additive
And tango baby, i took for a mixture of CND additive red & yellow.
These are very nice, how do you get the gradation so smooth?

Funnily enough I tried the CND yellow over the limeade first and it hardly showed, the mica yellow I have is slightly more pastel, so probably at tiny bit of CND titanium pearl into the yellow would help.

I think you would probably get tango baby by mixing the red and yellow & tiny bit of titanium pearl too but I was lazy and just used my mica.

As for blending I add a tiny bit of powder at a time and burnish well where you want the colour stronger, then starting in the same place load my brush a little more and pull down.

Believe me when I started practicing with them my ombre ended up being full colour lol, I've found its really about just getting the right amount on the brush :)

Funnily enough I tried the CND yellow over the limeade first and it hardly showed, the mica yellow I have is slightly more pastel, so probably at tiny bit of CND titanium pearl into the yellow would help.

I think you would probably get tango baby by mixing the red and yellow & tiny bit of titanium pearl too but I was lazy and just used my mica.

As for blending I add a tiny bit of powder at a time and burnish well where you want the colour stronger, then starting in the same place load my brush a little more and pull down.

Believe me when I started practicing with them my ombre ended up being full colour lol, I've found its really about just getting the right amount on the brush :)

I will have another go at it later this week :)
Thank you!

Airbrushed as in the polish is actually airbrushed on. X

Thankyou, I am going to give the sponging a go! Is it just make up sponge I take it, something quite dense?

I haven't used Additives a great deal either and the times that I have I havent found them to be as controlled as I would have liked. What type of brush do you use to create the ombre look?

I use a soft angled eyeshadow brush for my Rockstars but would I need something with a little more structure to get the gradient right for Additives?

Thanks Geeks

Do you class addictives as Rockstars or would you say they are not sparkly enough ?

I actually class my foils, glitter and additives all as Rockstar Nails. It saves having a million different names and my clients no there is a minimum price for Rockstars rather than several pricing structures. I am giving the rainbow nails a go tomorrow using additives!

Wish me luck!

Attachments

• 377337_410000652387006_794213859_n.jpg
    377337_410000652387006_794213859_n.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 10,293
I actually class my foils, glitter and additives all as Rockstar Nails. It saves having a million different names and my clients no there is a minimum price for Rockstars rather than several pricing structures. I am giving the rainbow nails a go tomorrow using additives!

Wish me luck!

They look stunning! What colours have you used under the additives? X

They look stunning! What colours have you used under the additives? X

Hi Foxy

These aren't mine (I hope mine turn out like this!) but I am planning on using Cream Puff underneath the additives. The pigments I will use are CND cerulean Blue and Yellow to get the green too (Unsure whether to mix before applying or just blend to create!) and then Neon Sunset (neon pink) by Nailitz with CND yellow to create the orange tone (although I do have an orange too)

Too many options! There was a thread on this a while back but I can't find it for the life of me!

Hi Foxy

These aren't mine (I hope mine turn out like this!) but I am planning on using Cream Puff underneath the additives. The pigments I will use are CND cerulean Blue and Yellow to get the green too (Unsure whether to mix before applying or just blend to create!) and then Neon Sunset (neon pink) by Nailitz with CND yellow to create the orange tone (although I do have an orange too)

Too many options! There was a thread on this a while back but I can't find it for the life of me!

Thanks Zooks. Let me know once you have done them, as I fancy them for my holiday x

Latest posts

Back