CND Email - Vinylux Polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and we don't need to buy base coat either.....I think the problem is: it just seems too good to be true!!

Last edited:
Or is this just the excuse CND need to discontinue the current polish range and introduce a new one which is higher in price for a smaller bottle?? Mmmm?
Bzzzzzzt. Uh, no on both counts.

But thanks for playing. We have a lovely consolation gift for you from May 1st. ;)

Bzzzzzzt. Uh, no on both counts.

But thanks for playing. We have a lovely consolation gift for you from May 1st. ;)

Lol, naughty Ed ;)

I'll be interested to see how we'll it dries. The info says it dries in 81/2 minutes but does that mean its hard like shellac or do you still have to be careful with it, i.e. fumbling for keys in handbag type smudging. I can't wait to try it at The Event.

If there's no basecoat is there a risk of the dark colours staining the nail?

No , it is specifically designed for no base coat, the adhesion is in the colour coats and formulated not to stain the nail. I guess we will find out how, why etc at the event xx

no , I think it's on this thread somewhere that there is no staining

I though it was a myth that base coat prevents staining. It is the quality of the polish that determines whether the pigments stain. The job of the base coat is just to anchor the colour layer to the nail. I'm sure a higher geek will correct me if I'm wrong!

Last edited:
I though it was a myth that top coat prevents staining. It is the quality of the polish that determines whether the pigments stain. The job of the base coat is just to anchor the colour layer to the nail. I'm sure a higher geek will correct me if I'm wrong!

It is actually just as much the quality of the nail as to whether pigments will stain as well as the polish. Rough damaged, dehydrated and porous nails are much more likely to stain than healthy nails.

And you are quite right that with ordinary polish, the primary function of a good base coat is to anchor the coloured polish to the nail.

Just a thought . Would we charge the same as a regular polish service? X

There is no reason not to charge the same as you are charging now.

I think I will sell the client the colour and top coat and a remover pack for x amount but also apply it for them , using their new product at a reduced rate.
That way , you are not using any of your own product with will make up for the reduced application fee.

I think I will sell the client the colour and top coat and a remover pack for x amount but also apply it for them , using their new product at a reduced rate.
That way , you are not using any of your own product with will make up for the reduced application fee.

It would be great if S2 sold those mini nourishing remover bottles, the ones we got in our Brisa Lite Packs. I think they were 50ml? They would be perfect for retail.

Would be cool, and not unrealistic - however keep in mind cost of production is very minor in difference with sizes of removers and so is the cost to import. Bottom line: removers are fricken expensive at retail level.

Saying that... there is a solution. But you'll have to wait and see :)

Would using this polish with the smoothing gel give the same effect and longivity as shellac on its own? I only do nails v part time at the mo and struggle 2 b able to afford to buy a huge shellac colour selection and as most of my client seem to have quite weak nails I was thinking this might work enabling me to buy more colours and retail as well. Just thinking out loud really, although another thought im thinking the client couldn't remove the polish and keep the smoothing gel in tact if it is removed with shellac remover. x

Would be cool, and not unrealistic - however keep in mind cost of production is very minor in difference with sizes of removers and so is the cost to import. Bottom line: removers are fricken expensive at retail level.

Saying that... there is a solution. But you'll have to wait and see :)

oooh! There must be something in the waters at Sweet Towers which makes you all incredible teases!!

The most ever users online here on salon geek was two days ago! Wonder why lol xx

Bit random but wanted to share!

Last edited:
I am desperate to use some of the images as so excited but not allowed too boo hoo, I'm going to stick to the the rules and wait until after the event unless anyone gives me the go ahead! x

I am desperate to use some of the images as so excited but not allowed too boo hoo, I'm going to stick to the the rules and wait until after the event unless anyone gives me the go ahead! x

Hey, if you go on the sweet squared facebook page they have today released an image which you are allowed to use.. it is the only one allowed until after the event though!

Latest posts

Back