CND Email - Vinylux Polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, I also thought about Rinn's idea and feel it does have some legs, but I'm not sure how to fine tune it. If they return once again and bring their own set with them that they purchased last time, would you offer a reduced rate to use their products on them, over someone who just wants you to perform the service with your salon stock?

I suppose someone who may want to build up their collection might just want to pay once to see how you apply it, then just stick to retail.

Rinn, have you started with this yet, or was it a no go in the end?

Yes, they were happy enough with the deal . No complaints so far.

The only Vinylux salon stock I intend to keep is a couple of pinks and a white for french as we often get in a hurry drop ins from the hairdressers next door wanting a quick make up and file & polish so a french vinlyux will be a dream for us and them :D

That's good to hear Rinn. :)

How do you get on with keeping enough colours to cater for diverse tastes though? Have you had anyone walk away because you havn't had a colour they were particularly looking for? Have you heavily invested in what you believe to be the most popular shades based on previous polish manicures?

Sorry, so many questions!

That's good to hear Rinn. :)

How do you get on with keeping enough colours to cater for diverse tastes though? Have you had anyone walk away because you havn't had a colour they were particularly looking for? Have you heavily invested in what you believe to be the most popular shades based on previous polish manicures?

Sorry, so many questions!

I only bought a mixed bag of colours which I thought would be popular based on the colours we use a lot of in the salon.

I didn't have any one walk away because I didn't have a certain colour for them but I guess that would be easily solved with you showing them the colour chart and they can pick out and pay for a colour they want and you can just order it for them with your next order.

I will get a spinner rack eventually as we are not due to have them over here till June.

Thanks Rinn, I'm glad it's working well for you. I'm off to ponder some more before I put it out there. I asked a question about it on my FB page to generate discussion/interest and two people have 'liked' the status, with nobody answering any of the questions so far. I guess that was worth it then!

Thanks Rinn, I'm glad it's working well for you. I'm off to ponder some more before I put it out there. I asked a question about it on my FB page to generate discussion/interest and two people have 'liked' the status, with nobody answering any of the questions so far. I guess that was worth it then!

I wouldn't bother putting much up on fb about it as in my experience most people don't understand so it doesn't register with them at all.
I just wait till they are in and then it's easier to explain it and they ''get'' it.:D

We do about three paint manicures per year and offer a limited paint colour choice.

I am thinking that we will easily retail the Vinylux to our clients. That is the easy part.

And anyone who wants a manicure will pay .. let me say £30.00 at the moment ... this will be £15.95 for the colour and top coat and the remainder for cuticles, file and paint with their newly purchased products.

I am still pondering if this would work.

I am wishing to avoid being left with bottles of Vinylux that have been used once or twice and then sit there doing nothing.

If the cost of nails painted includes the Vinylux purchase then both salon and client win.

Can anyone improve on this idea or point out obvious flaws that I may not have thought of?

xx

PS. I got this idea from one of RINN'S previous posts and it got me thinking.

That idea is AWESOME! :D :D :D

Go jaquelineanna!

I've been trying to think up some sort of promotion for Vinylux as I too have very few traditional polish wearers and that sounds bang on the money!

In the end I managed to secure 20 pre-orders from talking to clients about it so at least I can order in confidence :)

Anything to eliminate the fear of ordering too much of a new product and having it sit on the shelf...

Hey Ya'll - have been chatting to the Square-House and to our Square-House manager Paul. Have explained about the packaging issues and they have already met with someone today in regards to this. Meanwhile, the guys are now taking extra special care of the Vinylux. I hope this helps. We will make the changes necessary! :Kissing:

Sadly, the packing with extra care did not apply to my order of Vinylux that came for a customer yesterday. They were all loose in the brown box and subsequently one smashed and covered the rest of my order. :sad:

I want to order more, but am thinking I may be better off waiting either until visiting an academy or until we hear that the packaging is greatly improved.
Not the end of the world, but certainly frustrating.

I emailed Samantha yesterday after a box had arrived damaged and partially open. I feel that the current boxes can't cope with the vicissitudes of courier treatment and she agrees that it's not a satisfactory state of affairs.
Make no mistake that they will be working on this; it will be costing them money in replaced stock and lost sales.
As an aside, your hair would stand on end if you only knew how much packaging costs!

So funny to think that anyone involved in nails hadn't heard of S2!!! :)
Sweet Squared (or S2) as we call them are the authorised master Distributors and home of CND in the UK. And also in Ireland.

I had never heard about it until I stumbled upon here - so glad I did of course!

It should be compulsory that you are told about S2 when training!! :D

I've had absolutely no interest in Vinylux. Help what can I do? I'm still trying to build up my clientele but all my clients so far want Shellac.

I took traditional polish manicures off of my treatment menu a while back because I had no interest but I've now reintroduced it thanks to Vinylux. I love it but I'm not sure my enthusiasm is going to be enough. Doesn't help that I cannot wear it myself because I know I will ruin it whilst working and I'm a Shellac girl through and through.

Help!! Xx

Dont worry it takes time to bring in new clients. maybe try advertising manicures and add something special to them, rose petals, glass of bubbly anything you think would bring people in x

Sadly, the packing with extra care did not apply to my order of Vinylux that came for a customer yesterday. They were all loose in the brown box and subsequently one smashed and covered the rest of my order. :sad:

I want to order more, but am thinking I may be better off waiting either until visiting an academy or until we hear that the packaging is greatly improved.
Not the end of the world, but certainly frustrating.

Nicole I am sorry. Did we take care of it?:o:o:|:cry:

Hi I've received my vinylux starter kit today and bottles are smashed polish everywhere!
I have taken photos, but do I need to send the broken bottles back or can I bin them? And what about the rest of the bottles that are covered in polish?
I will call s2 in the morning
But don't really want broken glass left out

Hi I've received my vinylux starter kit today and bottles are smashed polish everywhere!
I have taken photos, but do I need to send the broken bottles back or can I bin them? And what about the rest of the bottles that are covered in polish?
I will call s2 in the morning
But don't really want broken glass left out

Just bin them & call s2 in the morning, the polish on the other bottles will wipe off with remover x

I'd take photographs of the broken bottles in case you need to show S2. They'll sort it out very quickly - customers services are fab!

Nicole I am sorry. Did we take care of it?:o:o:|:cry:

Sorry, I've only just got home from my other job. I think it's fair that I report back and say that it was handled with good customer service as always (which we all know counts for a lot). My replacements arrived minutes before leaving for work today, still loose in the brown box but the Quavers were full to the brim this time and no accidents to report.

I do feel that it was more luck than anything else though. They are so vulnerable packed loose in the brown boxes. I do hope you find a suitable solution soon as it cannot be ideal for you with it happening all the time at the moment. Not to mention the cost to the company.

Thanks for asking. :)

Jenski, could I ask what shade of pink this is please? It looks lovely. X

Jenski, could I ask what shade of pink this is please? It looks lovely. X

It's pink bikini, it's a beautiful warm toned pink that seems to suit most skin tones hth's

SOOO upset! Mine has just come smashed too and I don't know if it's just one that's smashed or more because it's everywhere :sad:

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1369233064.020151.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1369233074.364367.jpg this us using vinylux it fab with art work

Latest posts

Back