CND Email - Vinylux Polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My smashed bottle was in a box of 6, it didn't have any space to move around in the box so I don't think it was that. The neck of the bottle had just snapped off somehow.

Quick question do you shake it like you do shellac? As in taping on the palm of you hand?

Quick question do you shake it like you do shellac? As in taping on the palm of you hand?

Yes xx

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2

It's best to hold the bottle in one hand - thumb on the bottle of the bottle and the lid between your index and middle finger and just shake, no tapping on the palm of you hand.

Ten seconds should be enough to give it a good mix :)

Last edited:
It's best to hold the bottle in one hand - thumb on the bottle of the bottle and the lid between your index and middle finger and just shake, no tapping on the palm of you hand.

Ten seconds should be enough to give it a good mix :)

This was the advice from Jan herself =}

Finally got my vinylux today, tried it on myself not perfect but I'm currently wearing gilded pleasure! Beautiful colour!

My first order of Vinylux polish arrived today. It's a lovely polish to use and glides over the nail. I think I have a vinylux obsession forming.

Where do u get the vinylux from? Is it just a nail polish?

I'm currently stocking up on OPI & nina pro & Ciate caviar nails

What's different from vinylux to normal nail polish?

Sorry for all the questions need as much info as ii can get xx

It's a nail polish which is used without a base coat. 2-3 think layers of colour and a vinylux top coat which hardens as it's exposed to natural sunlight. Quick drying time too. Removes with nail polish remover and doesn't require a soak off.

HTH

You can purchase from s2 or any of their authorised sub-distributors (including ellisons).

To give you a little potted information: it is a normal nail polish; it won't magically add length or strength (though all nails benefit from having any coating on them) and is best used on those lucky enough to have blessed nails.

It is the first polish since the inception of polish (in the 30s) to be properly reformulated - original polish began to form microcracks as soon as you put it on; this doesn't. Normal polish requires base coat to adhere properly to the nail; this doesn't.

The colour coat doesn't stain and has little built-in 'anchors' which bond it to the nail so you don't need a basecoat (it actually wouldn't last as well if you used a basecoat) and the topcoat has prolight technology which actually helps it absorb the ambient light and harden further over the course of the week. It doesn't yellow either (traditional polish was based on nitrocellulose which comes from bark and is yellow, which is why the polish could start to yellow).

It can last, when looked after properly, for up to 7 days.

Plus, it's just awesome, the marketing is fantastic and it sells itself.

Thank you so so so much for the replies that's really helped me...

I've actually never heard of s2 :/ I've got an Ellisons directory now & have had a look threw there & see some CND products are these just shellac or vinylux? Where else could I get vinylux? Xx

Thank you so so so much for the replies that's really helped me...

I've actually never heard of s2 :/ I've got an Ellisons directory now & have had a look threw there & see some CND products are these just shellac or vinylux? Where else could I get vinylux? Xx

So funny to think that anyone involved in nails hadn't heard of S2!!! :)
Sweet Squared (or S2) as we call them are the authorised master Distributors and home of CND in the UK. And also in Ireland.

It is best to register with S2 as a professional and set up your details ... Only through Sweet Squared can you put yourself on the Shellac and VINYLUX. Salon locator which is a free of charge service to let people know who you are and that you offer a genuine service. Even if you purchase from Ellisons, their customers are not part of the free salon locator unless they register with S2
As well. You also always get the latest news from S2 about everything CND.

Last edited:
It is funny but I haven't done beauty for 4 years so I only no what I got told in college & s2 I didn't get told about...

I have started my research now to start back up & see what new products & services are out there to get me started as I still got odd ends to buy to get myself bk on my feet... Ill defo register with S2 as I'm fully qualified.

Thank you x

Just been to college for my level 3 assessment and induction proudly wearing vinylux in rock royalty on my nails.

The tutor picked me out to do an l+p demonstration on, when I sat down she said "oh you've got gel polish on, I'll pick some one else" to which I replied "nope, it's polish it will come off with some polish remover" she couldn't believe it when I told her she said she's never seen a shine like that from normal polish! The rest of the class was in awe too whilst I got to sit there like a Cheshire cat (feeling kind of smug too) because I was wearing this innovative new product on my nails and no one else was! Thanks CND!

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek

I'm in love with Gilded Pleasure, we so need this as a Shellac colour! As we need Iced Coral as a Vinylux colour! :)

It's an interesting thing about the smashed bottles.
As you know we send out many orders every day and we've learned that we have to use double walled boxes in order to protect the contents against the ravages of the courier process.
I've been using S2 for at least 5 years and we've noticed that the boxes have changed over the last wee while. They seem to have gone from being strong and double walled to being, not flimsy exactly, but certainly less robust.
I have no doubt that the Sams are onto this; it will be costing them money to have to replace smashed bottles, but it will cost them more in disappointed customers.
Ah, the vicissitudes of being a distributor!

I agree with the change of boxes and arriving damaged. When I ordered at Christmas a lot of my boxes inside were squashed and as they were gifts I wasn't happy, I couldn't return them as there was nothing wrong with the products. However, I did email S2 as they don't know what happens to their packaging when it leaves them if we don't tell them. Didn't get a reply but it was a 'FYI' email. I think we need to let them know even if the products themselves aren't damaged.

Communication, love and respect x :Love:

Hey Ya'll - have been chatting to the Square-House and to our Square-House manager Paul. Have explained about the packaging issues and they have already met with someone today in regards to this. Meanwhile, the guys are now taking extra special care of the Vinylux. I hope this helps. We will make the changes necessary! :Kissing:

Last edited:
Thought this might help you all!

VINYLUX is a 2-step polish system providing week long wear. The self-adhering colour coat has proprietary adhesion promoters which anchor to the nail plate and eliminates the need for a base coat. The VINYLUX Weekly Top Coat has an innovative formula that contains photo initiators that allows it to react to natural light making the product get harder and tougher over time.

VINYLUX dries in 8 minutes, will not stain or yellow nails and is easily removed in the salon or at home with CND Shellac Nourishing Remover or any pure acetone remover.

VINYLUX offers a superior formula and renders traditional polish obsolete!

Remember, it is a POLISH!

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Should I target my CND Shellac client with VINYLUX Weekly Polish?

Why? VINYLUX Weekly Polish was designed and developed for the end consumer who enjoys changing polish every week, who has great natural nails and wants to take their nail coating off at home. VINYLUX should not be positioned for the CND Shellac client.

2. Who is VINYLUX'S target end consumer?

You should be targeting the end consumer who is currently receiving a “traditional” polish service they are the best client for VINYLUX.

3. Will VINYLUX last for a week on every client?

No, VINYLUX will not last for a week on every client. Some clients have natural nails that are not in great condition, or use their nails like tools, and therefore could see chipping or free edge wear earlier than one week. CND says that 80% of clients will get week long wear with VINYLUX.

The key point is that VINYLUX lasts longer than “traditional” polish on the market today and the client should see better wear from it than whatever it is they are using currently.

4. Why would I put VINYLUX on a client versus CND Shellac?

VINYLUX is perfect for the client that wants to have bold, chip free colour for up to a week, would like to remove it at home with pure acetone and that has great natural nails. If the client wears a "traditional" polish and wants a more superior formula and longer wear than what they are currently getting, they should switch to VINYLUX.

A client should wear CND Shellac if the natural nails are less than perfect; if they need a bit of strength or protection from their nail coating and they want to only come into the Nail Salon every two weeks and not every week. You can expect that if a client is already wearing CND Shellac, she will most likely not change to Vinylux.

5. Why might Vinylux be the right choice for you- the nail pro?

For the superior performance, the two step system instead of three which saves service time and service cost and the faster dry time! Plus if you are already using CND Shellac, you now have a polish system that matches CND Shellac shades... (or 39 of them anyway)...

6. Is VINYLUX a retail product?

Yes! VINYLUX is a brand that can be sold to the end consumer/client through the Nail or Salon Professional. VINYLUX is designed to provide superior technology in wearability for the end consumer, but also provide the Salon Professional another opportunity to grow their business through retail sales to their clients.

I hope this helps answer many questions already on here. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back